UT is where Ole Miss was 2 years ago

OrangeIsLife

Excellent recruiting classes. Great coaching staff. They went 6-6 and went to the Compass Bowl in Birmingham and won. Sound familiar? It's what is probably going to happen to us. Just hang in there guys and girls! Like Coach Majors used to say, "They remember what you do in November".

Reactions: 2 people
So UT, in Year 2, is where Ole Miss was in Year 1?

That's a great feeling.

Also, I have issue with you saying UT has a great coaching staff.

Look at Florida.

Look at them.

They went 4-8 last year. We lost to them.

They'll be lucky to finish 5-6 this year.

A good staff doesn't lose that game to Florida. A good staff doesn't get 3 RZ possessions and 6 points out of them.

That Florida game is inexcusable.

Reactions: 17 people
Oh yeah, you mean Hugh Freeze's FIRST year as the Ole Miss HC when his team went 7-6, winning a bowl game despite the previous season of 2-10?

Reactions: 7 people
Fans are allowed to be mad and negative, that's the beauty of this country. Just like the rest of us I too am tired of rebuilding but we finally have a coach who is tired of it too.

He's not out here recruiting day and night because he loves to rebuild. Everyone knows Ole Miss had to get great talent and then develop it before they got to be number 3 in the nation. We're getting there, still a couple of classes away.

They went to the Compass Bowl in Freeze's first year.

Went 8-5 his second year.
We would have to go 4-1 to close out the season and then win the bowl game to match that.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually UT was where Ole Miss was LAST year. UT should be where Ole Miss was last year.

The problems the two coaches inherited were VERY similar... Ole Miss was probably a little worse.

That's a great feeling.

Look at Florida.

Look at them.

A good staff doesn't lose that game to Florida. A good staff doesn't get 3 RZ possessions and 6 points out of them.

They are going to probably fire Muschamp. Even beating the BSIA likely won't save his job. Florida fans were chanting " Fire Muschamp" during the Missouri game

Actually UT was where Ole Miss was LAST year. UT should be where Ole Miss was last year.

The problems the two coaches inherited were VERY similar... Ole Miss was probably a little worse.

Bu-bu-bu-but muh freshmen? Muh inexperience? Muh schedules!

2012 or 2013 Ole Miss would not have lost to 2014 Florida.

Ah yes. Gotta love this discussion with no thought whatsoever about who Ole Miss played during that season.

AV

Reactions: 3 people
They are going to probably fire Muschamp. Even beating the BSIA likely won't save his job. Florida fans were chanting " Fire Muschamp" during the Missouri game

And Foley will not miss on the next hire.

BSIA will continue to go 0-* against Florida.

We had 2 golden eggs in 2013 and 2014. BSIA went all BSIA on Florida and earned their keep.

Glad we have them. That Florida loss looks better and better each week.

Ouch. I bet it isnt as fun disappointing UF fans as it is disappointing UT fans.

And Foley will not miss on the next hire.

BSIA will continue to go 0-* against Florida.

We had 2 golden eggs in 2013 and 2014. BSIA went all BSIA on Florida and earned their keep.

Glad we have them. That Florida loss looks better and better each week.

The same Foley that hired Zook and Muschamp. LOL!!!!!

That's a great feeling.

Look at Florida.

Look at them.

Sometimes a team just has your number no matter what. It sucks and I'm just as pissed as the next guy but like I in another post, 2016-2017 season is when we can expect this team to start winning 8-9 games. It's going to take more time than anyone wants to admit but it is what it is.

Ah yes. Gotta love this discussion with no thought whatsoever about who Ole Miss played during that season.

AV

Their OOC schedule was Central Arkansas, UTEP, Texas and Tulane. They went 3-1 losing to Texas. In conference they lost to Vandy and the usual Western Conference suspects. What's your point?

Look, I like Butch, I think he's a good fit, but we're not getting it done and even other schools, who are in bad shape, will stumble into an upset once in a while....we don't. We can't win games, period, the only teams we can beat are schools that are barely mid-major quality, or FCS schools. We're in trouble, the talent is SUPPOSED to be there, but we're not getting much out of the talent and that troubles me.

Really op???
We will have a senior QB with 19 total TD's vs 6 INT's and a 163 QB rating. Op you might want to wave the white flag on this thread.

The same Foley that hired Zook and Muschamp. LOL!!!!!

They couldn't beat Muschamp in 2 tries.

What makes you think that if Foley hires the donkey from a mexican stage act that Jones and crew could beat them?

It doesn't matter who Foley hires. Whoever it is, it'll be a homerun against the BSIA.

He has a better track record than people making hires at UT

RLhv1v0.gif

VN Store

Back