If we lose 2 of these 3 games....

volsportsfan

knowledge puffeth up
Missouri, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt, which is a very realistic possibility ( anyone with a brain can see that our offense is bad enough to where this could happen ), cbj's will see pressure from this fan base like he never imagined. There are 2 sides to the fan base. Loyalist and realist. Either side is right and wrong in that being loyal ( patient ) in the long run can yield tremendous fruit. It can, without having some realist in you, lead you down a long dark path. Realists, they give the truth as they best can see, boldly. A very fine attribute to have. Without being a realist, thus properly seeking and considering the evidence ( in any given matter ) will also lead you down a long dark regrettable path. But, the fault with being a realist is the old knee jerk reaction that leads to bad judgment. It takes time, effort, and ultimately knowledge, on the given subject, which in this case happens to be UT football, to make a sound call or form a sound belief on any given subject. So, loyalist are you considering the facts or just as blind sheep going headfirst down into error? Realists, are you taking time and considerable effort into forming your opinion? If we, for the first time in history only win 4 games, no matter what side of the fence you are on, will be tested. Just a little shout out regarding us ( our message board wisdom ) and our potential future ( UT in the win loss column ).

Reactions: 3 people
First off, I doubt our offense will struggle as much with Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Missouri.

I'm a realist. I believe after Alabama the remainder of the games are winnable. I'm feeling 2 but hoping for 3 wins.

Reactions: 4 people
Missouri, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt, which is a very realistic possibility ( anyone with a brain can see that our offense is bad enough to where this could happen ), cbj's will see pressure from this fan base like he never imagined. There are 2 sides to the fan base. Loyalist and realist. Either side is right and wrong in that being loyal ( patient ) in the long run can yield tremendous fruit. It can, without having some realist in you, lead you down a long dark path. Realists, they give the truth as they best can see, boldly. A very fine attribute to have. Without being a realist, thus properly seeking and considering the evidence ( in any given matter ) will also lead you down a long dark regrettable path. But, the fault with being a realist is the old knee jerk reaction that leads to bad judgment. It takes time, effort, and ultimately knowledge, on the given subject, which in this case happens to be UT football, to make a sound call or form a sound belief on any given subject. So, loyalist are you considering the facts or just as blind sheep going headfirst down into error? Realists, are you taking time and considerable effort into forming your opinion? If we, for the first time in history only win 4 games, no matter what side of the fence you are on, will be tested. Just a little shout out regarding us ( our message board wisdom ) and our potential future ( UT in the win loss column ).

Just chill out ( get down off the ledge ) and everything all be alright in time ( have to give it time )

Reactions: 1 person
A 4 and 8 record definitely has the program going in the wrong direction. How could patience out weigh realism? Offer the job to Hugh Freeze now before Florida does.

Alabama will curb stomp us. Missouri, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt are winnable games. Missouri will still be a great challenge though but I think we can pull it off if our O-Line holds up.

After our thrashing this weekend, we have USCe, Ky, Mizzou, and Vandy. We need three of those to go bowling. I think we all of those games are winnable. USCe will be the toughest IMO.

Hugh Freeze coaching UF, potentially, could build a greater dynasty than NIck Saban at Bama. Check out his coaching record.

I'm still hoping for a 4 game win streak,after our bashing this coming sat..or praying or maybe I'm still drunk from our last beat down:thud:

The Mizzou game might be tougher than USCe. They put up 42 points at Florida and we couldn't even manage a TD against them at home.

Most people don't know that most of Mizz points came from special teams and interceptions for scores....

To come up with this, I'm hoping you are about 15 yrs old. That would be a legitimate excuse for this drivel.

Yeah, let's keep firing coaches and start over every 2 or 3 years. That's worked out so well for UT over the past several years.

Reactions: 2 people
A 4 and 8 record definitely has the program going in the wrong direction. How could patience out weigh realism? Offer the job to Hugh Freeze now before Florida does.

Any coach you would want wouldn't touch UT with the proverbial 10 ft pole if we were to start looking in Jones second or third year.

To come up with this, I'm hoping you are about 15 yrs old. That would be a legitimate excuse for this drivel.

Yeah, let's keep firing coaches and start over every 2 or 3 years. That's worked out so well for UT over the past several years.

So we are in this mess because we fired Dooley?

I am confused.

So we are in this mess because we fired Dooley?

I am confused.

Yes. You are confused and that is obvious if you can't see the difference between this staff and Dooley. In fact, you are just plain ignorant if you are making that statment.

The Vols were stuck with Dooley because they fired a first ballot HOF coach one year after they played in the SEC Championship Game, then hired a punk who had never had a winning team and didn't respect any of the UT traditions. Factor that with running off many of the scholarship linemen and telling two future D1 All American QBs who were committed to UT that they weren't good enough to play here.

Then you had to hire a Dooley because no one else wanted the job.

Are you really this ignorant or just playing the role on a message board?

They scored 42 points, but only put up about 120 yards of total offense and I think 1 offensive TD. The rest of their scores were defense and ST.

Yeah, on Mizzou it's important to note that fewer than 120 yards of offense part. They weren't moving the ball super well. Florida just melted down like I've never, ever seen a team melt down.

I just hope the team doesn't get down after Bama. These last four games are going to be winnable.

Yes. You are confused and that is obvious if you can't see the difference between this staff and Dooley. In fact, you are just plain ignorant if you are making that statment.

The Vols were stuck with Dooley because they fired a first ballot HOF coach one year after they played in the SEC Championship Game, then hired a punk who had never had a winning team and didn't respect any of the UT traditions. Factor that with running off many of the scholarship linemen and telling two future D1 All American QBs who were committed to UT that they weren't good enough to play here.

Then you had to hire a Dooley because no one else wanted the job.

Are you really this ignorant or just playing the role on a message board?

Did you not just say that our problems stm from firing coaches after 2 or 3 years?

What coach have we fired after only 2 or 3 years?

Only one I can think of is Derek Dooley. Logic says that you believe our problems stem from fring Dooley after 2 or 3 years.

How else is someone supposed to read that?

Again, Bubba, you most telling statement was you are confused? I'm going to stick with that unless you want to try and convince me you are drunk or about 10 yrs old and on your daddy's computer.

So, do you want to fire this coaching staff now?

This SEC is so hard to gauge. Vandy is about the only game I would consider a lock. Right now, its hard to tell how good Kentucky and Mizzou are as teams.

I am ready to see us return to the SEC elite, but its not going to happen this year so I can wait it out another year. I do expect a big jump next season (Year 3). I agree if we finish 4-8, that is a major step backwards. However, I think it has to be expected with the current schedule. I believe 7-5 or 8-4 should be not be expecting too much of this staff in year 3.

Again, Bubba, you most telling statement was you are confused? I'm going to stick with that unless you want to try and convince me you are drunk or about 10 yrs old and on your daddy's computer.

So, do you want to fire this coaching staff now?

My confusion comes from the fact that there is someone on this Earth that believes our problems come from having fired Dooley after only 2 or 3 years.
I mean I have heard some really stupid stuff over the years, but this . . . WOW

After reading all of that, you came to the conclusion that I want cbj fired? Wow! I gave no indication one way or the other on my feelings concerning cbj!

Loyalist and realist? Realist and impatient/unrealistic is more accurate IMO.

VN Store

Back