I was wrong

OrangeByBirth

Old time Vol
Mea culpa!

In a thread last week, I commented that I thought that Ole Miss would likely go the way that Bo Wallace went. If he had a poor game, UT would have a chance.

I was wrong ... very wrong! Bo Wallace was mediocre at best with a 13 of 28 for 199 yards passing summary and 17 rushes for 33 yards.

I did not realize how poorly the Volunteer offense was coached. They were totally predictable and outclassed. It wasn't a matter of running a scheme until they stopped it. It was running it so they could stop it every time!

Reactions: 6 people
Mea culpa!

In a thread last week, I commented that I thought that Ole Miss would likely go the way that Bo Wallace went. If he had a poor game, UT would have a chance.

I was wrong ... very wrong! Bo Wallace was mediocre at best with a 13 of 28 for 199 yards passing summary and 17 rushes for 33 yards.

I did not realize how poorly the Volunteer offense was coached. They were totally predictable and outclassed. It wasn't a matter of running a scheme until they stopped it. It was running it so they could stop it every time!

Maybe a really good defense of #3 team in the country combined with worst o-line in Vol football history isn't a good formula for offensive success?

Reactions: 12 people
Maybe a really good defense of #3 team in the country combined with worst o-line in Vol football history isn't a good formula for offensive success?

Last year we had 4 NFL lineman, and struggled to score points on everyone.

Reactions: 7 people
Maybe it time for fans to figure out that having to play 20 freshman, due to lack of depth, against an undefeated team is a huge hill to climb.

Reactions: 5 people

Strange times. We had the worst D (secondary) with dools and sunseri I have ever seen but we could score on offense. Now we have a more than solid D but cant score a touchdown.

Yup, its all about the coaching.

I bet you anything right now that Saban can walk into Florida International University today and win a national championship with the current players. Fahrr Butch!!

Reactions: 1 person
Yup, its all about the coaching.

I bet you anything right now that Saban can walk into Florida International University today and win a national championship with the current players. Fahrr Butch!!

No, but I bet he could beat a Muschamp coached Florida team.

here on volnation we fall in love with coaches not the school.we blame the players and never the coaches. We always have a year zero. We have been waiting 2 years for around 8 years now. We knew in 2013 we wouldn't have enough o-linemen so we wait until 2015 to address it.we are not last in offense only 1 year away from that.

Reactions: 2 people
here on volnation we fall in love with coaches not the school.we blame the players and never the coaches. We always have a year zero. We have been waiting 2 years for around 8 years now. We knew in 2013 we wouldn't have enough o-linemen so we wait until 2015 to address it.we are not last in offense only 1 year away from that.

Your first sentence is completely wrong. We do the opposite as evidenced by virtually every other thread.

we also didn't have enough safeties, corners, linebackers, defensive ends, defensive tackles, wr's, TE's, runningbacks, and kickers. they fixed alot of problems with one recruiting class. they deserve more than 2 years.

Reactions: 4 people
Strange times. We had the worst D (secondary) with dools and sunseri I have ever seen but we could score on offense. Now we have a more than solid D but cant score a touchdown.
And we blame all our offensive woes on the previous staff's recruiting but we give them no credit for the defense.

Reactions: 3 people

so, fire this man who is a great recruiter bringing in the needed Jimmys and joes ? (who has already help create this incredible defense?) Cause more instability?

I am giving Butch and his staff till the end of 2016 before I do any evaluation. I would suggest other Vol fans chill and do the same. If we keep firing and hiring, we are never going to get back to elite status.

Reactions: 3 people
so, fire this man who is a great recruiter bringing in the needed Jimmys and joes ? (who has already help create this incredible defense?) Cause more instability?

I am giving Butch and his staff till the end of 2016 before I do any evaluation. I would suggest other Vol fans chill and do the same. If we keep firing and hiring, we are never going to get back to elite status.
We all have our own timelines. I personally don't believe that we will keep any coach after 3 straight losing seasons. Not that 2015 is a guaranteed losing season but it certainly looks like it's gonna be an uphill battle given our schedule and personnel issues. This year's a throwaway season, just like last year. I hate it for the fans who are long in the tooth and don't have many seasons left. I also hate it for the players who are busting their humps on the field and in practice. We're in a bad spot and we couldn't afford to impose accountability on our staff for awhile but no program can afford to exist in that state for long. Whether it's 3 seasons or 4 is up to Hart and the big money donors and so far they're not telling us anything.

This and I don't understand it.. U r cheering for tn n the players n thats why we should demand the best leader of both... If they don't perform then the admin should be addressed

Post of the day that will be lost on here. 5 wins with that group with a good senior RB. Regressed horribly as an offense. But most will argue senselessly. They forget the feelings in the pit of their stomachs when Patton Robinette celebrated in the south end zone allowing Jimmy Frank and Vandy to shove it in their faces.

7 sacks, 12 TFL's, 0 rushing yards, 4 TO's, 3 points - while spending most of the first half in Ole Miss' side of the field. In the first 3 offensive series Jake did not call the same play more than once. Even the few successful plays were not repeated.

5 sacks and 29 yards rushing against Chattanooga. Pathetic.

Yeah, Butch gets it. Patience - right? Everything is going according to plan. It's a process. Brick by brick. Add your slogan here ________. lol.

VN Store

Back