Thank You Peyton

snapcracklepop

I'm sure no one, including Peyton, knew just how huge his decision to become a Vol would be for the University of Tennessee. Not only his decision to come to UT, but his choice to stay for his senior year.

In my opinion, Peyton Manning will always be the greatest Vol to ever play the game. I'm so thankful that I was alive to witness his greatnesss and that my first real memories of Big Orange football are full #16 and Peyton.

Many amazing men have worn the orange and white, and many more will wear the Power T in the future. However, I feel very confident that none will ever mean more to Tennessee than Peyton Manning.

Peyton has broken the all time NFL TD record tonight, and I look forward to many more TDs in the future.

Thank You Peyton.

Reactions: 18 people
It has been a privilege to watch him play. There are a lot of people who will say Montana, Brady, or someone else, but Peyton is, and always will be the greatest ever. Hopefully we all have the honor of seeing a few more years of him. Thank you Peyton.

Reactions: 1 person
Let my boys stay up to watch Peyton break the record that will probably not be broken again in their lifetime.
The greatest football player to ever play the game. On top of that all Vol and all class.
At least we can still enjoy watching Peyton for few more years until the current Vols grow up enough to bring us some happiness.

Reactions: 2 people
Peyton is the best, but more importantly, he's a classy human being. I'm glad to support someone from our school who carries himself the way he does.

Peyton got screwed out of the Heisman by the ABC/ESPN conglomerate but they cannot take his true success and character from him.

Reactions: 4 people
The Heisman trophy winner that year was a total racial situation. If you couldn't see that than your a total fool! Peyton was the winner that year he was just the wrong color. That's my story and im sticking to it! Call me racist if you want!:dance2:

The Heisman trophy winner that year was a total racial situation. If you couldn't see that than your a total fool! Peyton was the winner that year he was just the wrong color. That's my story and im sticking to it! Call me racist if you want!:dance2:

thats-racist-o.gif

Flame away but I'm one who really doesn't think he should have won in 1997. He is a fantastic player, a great VFL, and the best nfl player ever in my lifetime (imo!). True legend.

Got a question how old were you in 97?

You know well enough. Most of VN knows well enough. Not getting dragged into a dumb argument. He was a great player, put up some great stats, but i dont think he deserved to win. Should have been closer than what it was, but it is what it is.

Sorry hoser.

Having the opportunity to wear the big orange was a privilege.
He is something we will be telling our grandchildren about.
Congratulations Peyton!
I am proud you are a Vol!

I haven't watched a heisman presentation since Manning was robbed.

Me either. It has become nothing but a hype award. Did they not take the word "integrity" or something like that out of the verbiage of what the player represents?

Flame away but I'm one who really doesn't think he should have won in 1997. He is a fantastic player, a great VFL, and the best nfl player ever in my lifetime (imo!). True legend.

You probably thought Melvin Turpin should have won.

Peyton Manning now holds the record for most touchdowns ever. Manning has more TD passes that Steve Young and Joe Montana combined. Breaks the record in 56 fewer games than Brett Favre set it.

Greatest of Vol time.

You know well enough. Most of VN knows well enough. Not getting dragged into a dumb argument. He was a great player, put up some great stats, but i dont think he deserved to win. Should have been closer than what it was, but it is what it is.

Sorry hoser.

Your lucky LC I went to bed and didn't catch up to this post last night, lol but you're dead wrong as usual..

VN Store

Back