Such Disparity Vols Defense Rank 19 Offense 113

Strange. Both have youth. What gives?

It's you. The difference is you. You scream and holler when the defense is on the field and you're quiet when the offense is. Until you can make noise for both squads equally, we will see this disparity.

The O-Line sucks! Has nothing to do with the youth crap! The O-line sucks! They are getting worse every game!

Strange. Both have youth. What gives?

Offense is logistically set back because a lot of the OLine aren't getting the ZBS, which is the basis for the Inside Zone Run game, which is the basis of the entire offense.

Basically, the OLine can't block and the HBs don't have any holes. Power can only help so much when your Line can't block.

Defense is on a better level because it isn't as difficult to learn the positions and scheme.

And of course, defense has AJ Johnson

Well, I know one place to start looking. Caught this on The Sports Source earlier.

Going back to 2012 and including all the biggies (ACC/B10/B12/Pac10/SEC/ND) they counted up 190 rosters. Of those only 5 had fewer than 20 returning starts played by their OL. Closer to home in the SEC through that period the avg returning OL starts was 70.2. Only ONE team had fewer than 37 starts. That's UT with 6.

Now THERE'S a disparity for you.

Reactions: 1 person
Recruiting priority number 1 for Butch and Co, was to recruit for our terrible defense. Worked out pretty dam well.

The offensive talent is coming! Blair has hurt that unit this year!

Well, I know one place to start looking. Caught this on The Sports Source earlier.

Going back to 2012 and including all the biggies (ACC/B10/B12/Pac10/SEC/ND) they counted up 190 rosters. Of those only 5 had fewer than 20 returning starts played by their OL. Closer to home in the SEC through that period the avg returning OL starts was 70.2. Only ONE team had fewer than 37 starts. That's UT with 6.

Wow that's crazy

Don't worry about it. We have been reassured by Butch and half of VN that this should be expected and to be patient. Losing ugly is part of a process to get UT to the top. All is well. That is all.

They knew this last year when they could have gotten guys starts against lesser teams.

Another question. As good as our D is why is the offense not progressing with the ability to see a quality opponent every practice? Or is that maybe part of the problem they are being dominated every practice too.

They knew this last year when they could have gotten guys starts against lesser teams.

C'mon man, we had like two cakewalks last year, none of which would have made any difference to the Fr we're playing. Besides, even if we DID include a few chances as you suggest and bump the number up a bit this line would still be a crazy outlier by comparison.

Reactions: 1 person
C'mon man, we had like two cakewalks last year, none of which would have made any difference to the Fr we're playing. Besides, even if we DID include a few chances as you suggest and bump the number up a bit this line would still be a crazy outlier by comparison.

We have 2 freshman on the line not 5. All of them have sucked at times young and old. They clearly appear they could benefit from more snaps.

We have 2 freshman on the line not 5. All of them have sucked at times young and old. They clearly appear they could benefit from more snaps.

I have no idea how many "snaps" they have...all I can tell you is what the numbers are for "starts"...and it's FAR below the competition.

The OP asked for a relevant disparity and that sure looks like one to me.

VN Store

Back