No coach .....

Big Orange 1

None, not one, nada, would have came in here and started with what CBJ has and done any better. It is a process folks. Everyone is tired of hearing how young we are, well its because WE ARE!!! What needs to happen? Fire CBJ? Do we really want to go down Knee Jerk Avenue again? Wait, I'm sorry firing a NC coach with a 75% winning percentage without a plan is not kneejerk, its freakin stupid. But, thats for another thread.

Ok. I know that the chances of beating Alabama are slim, but I think we "can" win the rest. I dont think we will win out, but I think we "can". Let me preach on it.

South Carolina - Tough to play them on the road, but it will probably be a 12:00 kickoff which will make it a little less rowdy in Columbia.

Mizzou - We may win, could get the hell beat out of us. Will we get the MIzzou that Ga played or the Mizzou that Fla played. Will the real Mizzou, please stand up.

Kentucky - After last night, let me be the first to welcome the big blue back to earth. It will be the way it always is, was, and will be. They will bring a ton of fans here, plan victory parties, and leave upset to the chant of "same ole Wildcats, same ole Wildcats".

Vanderbilt - Our home game in Nashville. Checkerboard their stadium. They've got an a** whoopin coming.

GO BIG ORANGE.

Reactions: 54 people
it is a process we all understand but it's time to turn that process in to at least a 7-6 season with one win over a ranked team.

Reactions: 9 people
I criticize the same as if we were great. It doesn't matter to me, we just have to correct our lack of offensI've imagination. You can't do the same thing for two years with similar results and not change. I'm sure in our offense we have a quick passing game. I'm sure we have various packages that we haven't used. I'm just curious as to why we are not using them. I feel we force players to match the system not match packages to our players. Just frustrating knowing that a deep drop back is a bad idea for our team, but we continue to drive the square head into that round hole. I think Coach Jones is frustrated because if things don't change he will have to make changes and that would involve making a big decision that will affect one of his friends. I hope they get it moving in the right direction. Remember we need to make a bowl this year.

We do need to get a little more realistic so we can continue to help recruiting. Don't need to get negative just because we were incorrectly optimistic. We just aren't there yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
That's a false statement. Jones may yet turn things around and win championships at UT but there have been several coaches recently take over similar situations and succeed quickly... UT just played one of them.

The game had passed Fulmer by. He and his poor recruiting/player discipline is what started this whole mess. Recruits weren't listening anymore and especially OL's.

If you look back... Dooley's OL recruiting was at least as good as Fulmer's last 3 years. And just to be sure you know... that's not a compliment.

Jones gets this year and next. If he has another losing season this year then he will be and will deserve to be on a hot seat needing something GOOD to save himself in '15.

This year so far is not going any better than last year. Last year they had neither a good D nor a good O. This year the D is playing well. Next year you basically have the same OL's to choose from... and a new QB. How much better do you really expect it to be?

Reactions: 10 people
You can't say this for certain

Just like you can't say Jones will be the one to return us to prominence

Too many variables

Reactions: 2 people
None, not one, nada, would have came in here and started with what CBJ has and done any better. It is a process folks. Everyone is tired of hearing how young we are, well its because WE ARE!!! What needs to happen? Fire CBJ? Do we really want to go down Knee Jerk Avenue again? Wait, I'm sorry firing a NC coach with a 75% winning percentage without a plan is not kneejerk, its freakin stupid. But, thats for another thread.

Ok. I know that the chances of beating Alabama are slim, but I think we "can" win the rest. I dont think we will win out, but I think we "can". Let me preach on it.

South Carolina - Tough to play them on the road, but it will probably be a 12:00 kickoff which will make it a little less rowdy in Columbia.

Mizzou - We may win, could get the hell beat out of us. Will we get the MIzzou that Ga played or the Mizzou that Fla played. Will the real Mizzou, please stand up.

Kentucky - After last night, let me be the first to welcome the big blue back to earth. It will be the way it always is, was, and will be. They will bring a ton of fans here, plan victory parties, and leave upset to the chant of "same ole Wildcats, same ole Wildcats".

Vanderbilt - Our home game in Nashville. Checkerboard their stadium. They've got an a** whoopin coming.

GO BIG ORANGE.

CBJ is the Vols coach and he is the right man for this job, I am sorry this offends some but it is true. His recruiting abilty is outragous, just give him time to develop them. Don't give up, You really disrespect him when you guys compare him to Dooley and Kiffen. Them two yahoo's don't even come close. We got us a coach guy's I'm telling you. Just wait and see.:clapping:

Reactions: 21 people
I would just like to see after 18 games at least one thing happen to make me think he is going to out coach someone. So far it hasn't happened. Looks like he is going to be another one of those TN coaches who can only win with far superior talent than the other team. If it's close or equal we have no chance.

Reactions: 7 people
I would just like to see after 18 games at least one thing happen to make me think he is going to out coach someone. So far it hasn't happened. Looks like he is going to be another one of those TN coaches who can only win with far superior talent than the other team. If it's close or equal we have no chance.

It is inconceivable to me to think that James Franklin inherited that much more at Vandy than Butch did here - I just do not believe that to be the case. Yet Franklin seemed to coach them up enough to beat Florida, Georgia and UT (for the second year in a row) last year and to go to two straight bowl games. How does that jibe with all this crap about Butch walking into such a terrible situation?

Reactions: 10 people

You can get a book about football at the store. It might help.

CBJ is the Vols coach and he is the right man for this job, I am sorry this offends some but it is true. His recruiting abilty is outragous, just give him time to develop them. Don't give up, You really disrespect him when you guys compare him to Dooley and Kiffen. Them two yahoo's don't even come close. We got us a coach guy's I'm telling you. Just wait and see.:clapping:

Ok. I agree. Why did you quote me? I'm supporting and defending him.

None, not one, nada, would have came in here and started with what CBJ has and done any better.

You guys can keep saying this until you are blue in the face. It won't make it any closer to true.

You don't have any proof to back it up, and you never will because other coaches have started with less talent and worse facilities and less support and they have done better. Anyone can plainly see that.

Butch Jones has yet to even improve on Dooley's worst record.

With more talent which is coming if you follow recruiting, we would be the winners in the sec east. Close loses turn into wins with the right talent. That said the offense has shown no real progress in my opinion. That could be the result of worley getting hit so much that it's in this team's head now.

You guys can keep saying this until you are blue in the face. It won't make it any closer to true.

You don't have any proof to back it up, and you never will because other coaches have started with less talent and worse facilities and less support and they have done better. Anyone can plainly see that.

The sane way you do not have proof to back up that any other coach would have doen any better than Jones. You can try to compare but there is going to be a difference no matter how hard you try to make there not be one.

Can you show any fact that Jones would not have done the same or better than Freeze at Ole Miss because if not your agrument does not hold water.

Last edited:

Yes please don't compare him to Kiffen he had 1 less win then Butch has in almost 2 years

Ok. I keep reading that CPF couldnt recruit. Dooley had a better record with CPF's players then? But we're better off without CPF? But we were better with his players?

Reactions: 1 person
That's a false statement. Jones may yet turn things around and win championships at UT but there have been several coaches recently take over similar situations and succeed quickly... UT just played one of them.

The game had passed Fulmer by. He and his poor recruiting/player discipline is what started this whole mess. Recruits weren't listening anymore and especially OL's.

If you look back... Dooley's OL recruiting was at least as good as Fulmer's last 3 years. And just to be sure you know... that's not a compliment.

Jones gets this year and next. If he has another losing season this year then he will be and will deserve to be on a hot seat needing something GOOD to save himself in '15.

This year so far is not going any better than last year. Last year they had neither a good D nor a good O. This year the D is playing well. Next year you basically have the same OL's to choose from... and a new QB. How much better do you really expect it to be?

I agree with everything you are saying other than Jones is here through 2016 as the university just does not have the funds to make another change.

I don't think you get it
I'm not sure you get it either. How long is the process? That excuse can only get you so far. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that CBJ be fired. What we are doing is holding him accountable for how this team is performing.

This team needs to give us something that shows this "process" is progressing. In some real tangible areas it is, in others it certainly is not.

If that observation makes me a "negavol" then so be it. But as a fan thats how I see.

Reactions: 3 people

CBJ is in year one with his first full recruiting class. Freeze is in year three and Mullen is in year six. Go back to sleep. Another never-ending whining post.

Reactions: 8 people

Those who have an influence upon such decisions will not even consider questioning Coach Jones tenure for 3 to 4 more years. You can cry all you want.

Reactions: 3 people
I've been a fan of UT since the early 70's. I think I qualify for having seen it all, good and bad.

That being said, the current generation of instant gratification types are going to whine and complain. For the rest of us, we see it how it is, a multi year project.

That doesn't mean it hurts any less to see us lose, it means we've been there and done that already and understand how long it takes.

Reactions: 13 people
I'm not sure you get it either. How long is the process? That excuse can only get you so far. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that CBJ be fired. What we are doing is holding him accountable for how this team is performing.

This team needs to give us something that shows this "process" is progressing. In some real tangible areas it is, in others it certainly is not.

If that observation makes me a "negavol" then so be it. But as a fan thats how I see.

I tend to agree. I am nowhere near the Fire Him crap, we should not even consider that at this point, it is not a good idea and I never liked that tactic anyway. I say give him his time, he is due that, however.... (always one of these eh) I do expect the accountability that is mentioned, if it is not working... change something.... or at least try. I am all in with the Jones Train..... but he has got to coach..... now, lets move on to Bama Week.. I expect us to smack them in the mouth!:clapping::eek:k:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back