How many fans @ Ole Miss

coffeevol

regular old member
For those there, how many Vols would you say there was? As crappy as the team has performed in the past decade and I say we still packed 5-10k in the stadium. It cost a lot of money to travel in rooms, gas, eats, drinks (a requirement to be a fan these days).

We had a good crowd. I'd say very close to 10,000. We were also pretty strong for a quarter and a half before the wheels came off. I was just looking around the stadium last night thinking what great support for a team that has struggled this badly for 4 years now. I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but I still give my all for Tennessee. No matter how upset I get with play calling or poor execution, it's not in me to do anything but bring optimism every week and think we can win until we're out of each game. GBO!

Reactions: 3 people
We had a good crowd. I'd say very close to 10,000. We were also pretty strong for a quarter and a half before the wheels came off. I was just looking around the stadium last night thinking what great support for a team that has struggled this badly for 4 years now. I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but I still give my all for Tennessee. No matter how upset I get with play calling or poor execution, it's not in me to do anything but bring optimism every week and think we can win until we're out of each game. GBO!

Yeah I agree with this post. I was there as well and 10,000 sounds about right. Listen to the Ole Miss broadcast on the way home and they were even talking about how incredible it was that there were that many Vol fans there. And recruits love to see that on a road game where were having a bad year and still have a third of the crowd in the opposing stadium...., don't kid yourself!!!!

Amazed at the amount of orange in that stadium. How does the number 3 team let that many tickets get away? That looked way more than the designated allotment.

I was there, hammered but I was there. There had to be 8K. to 10k. maybe a little more? There was a really strong showing for the Vols in Oxford and in Tunica I must add. I Hope everyone had a good time and made it back home safe.

Lots of orange everywhere down there. Every where u looked u saw vol fans in Oxford. I had good time.

I was there, and spoke with several Ole Miss fans this morning about this very thing--- they were VERY impressed with how many UT fans were there and said at times they thought we made more noise than they did..... of course most of this noise was going on in the first half... loud groans could be heard throughout the stadium in the second half when our coaches once again did not make any offensive adjustments and just had the same up the middle and kick mentality.... most folks didn't see this, but it happened right in front of me--- when Mosley got burned two plays in a row for a score, he slunk over to the sidelines and was met by Butch and another coach and preceeded to get his arse chewed out for about 10 seconds.... it was ugly....

Reactions: 1 person
Fan support was the only high point of yesterday. We owned the North endzone, and it got loud for Ole Miss on offense most of the first half. I was certainly impressed, and I'd say 10k isn't a stretch at all. One of the South corners was predominantly orange as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I was there! Great time! OM fans very gracious and nervous. Unchartered territory for most. Grove rocks. My daughter will prob go there because of they're teaching scholarship. We don't have an offensive line that can handle SEC defensive fronts. That's it.

Amazed at the amount of orange in that stadium. How does the number 3 team let that many tickets get away? That looked way more than the designated allotment.

I suspect lots of Orange came from the Memphis area where there are lots of Ole Miss alums that marry Vols.

Great story was there also with my Reb buddy his wife is a Vol also..
He scored some great seats from a booster right on the 50 bout 38 rows up, anyways the booster didn't want to sell to any Vols I know why after I sat down with my ticket.

My buddy told me look he didn't know he was selling to a couple of vols and a Reb he jus thought it was all Rebs. Anyways my bud had to smooth it over with him after we sat down, said he would "get a complaint" from other boosters there.. I bout fell outta my chair with laughter.

But my Reb buds wife and I endored the most snobbish and stupid gray hair looks I've ever endured while being at a football game. I had one woman say to me that orange is the most ugliest thing ever. I behaved myself after I been drinking and still was drinking during the game..

But those people represent the Rebel elite were something else it was just strange.. They sure do hate Tenn by the way also. Anyways had a great time even though I had nothing to cheer for.. I did wave my hat a couple times for a play here and there..

I was on the Ole Miss side with all the season ticket holders. Had a Vol from Germantown sit directly in front of me. We had a grand time. The Ole Miss fans around us were great and we all messed with one another, but it was all in good fun. That's what it's all about.

I was on the Ole Miss side with all the season ticket holders. Had a Vol from Germantown sit directly in front of me. We had a grand time. The Ole Miss fans around us were great and we all messed with one another, but it was all in good fun. That's what it's all about.

Glad ya did, I just told my friend it was the most bizarre time I had at a football game, had a couple old dudes jus stare me down and ask where ya from, told him and he had a smart arse remark.. But I did have a wife of em that was your typical sweet southern woman make feel comfortable. (Not that way guys) I know what ya thinking..

Glad ya did, I just told my friend it was the most bizarre time I had at a football game, had a couple old dudes jus stare me down and ask where ya from, told him and he had a smart arse remark.. But I did have a wife of em that was your typical sweet southern woman make feel comfortable. (Not that way guys) I know what ya thinking..

Those older season ticket holders have had the same "neighbors" for decades so anytime they see a new face, especially of the opposing team's fanbase, it's never pleasant. Old people are awkward like that. They stare at things that they aren't used to and make their own personal judgments.

Those older season ticket holders have had the same "neighbors" for decades so anytime they see a new face, especially of the opposing team's fanbase, it's never pleasant. Old people are awkward like that. They stare at things that they aren't used to and make their own personal judgments.

Yea I should know this.. I was very respectful as I was taught and laughed along with em..

Was just about all orange in my section. I agree with everyone, we had a very good turnout.

Just about the closest thing to a home game those of us in west TN can have.

VN Store

Back