Butch Facts

Dagreek1998

I'm not a cool-aid drinker but I'm also not an idiot. While I do believe that he needs to replace a couple assistant coaches, I do believe he needs more time.

He is 8-11 in his first two years.
1) of his 11 losses, 9 came against teams ranked in the top 20 at the time of the contest. Only two loses against non-ranked teams was Vandy last year and Florida this year.

2) of the 9 losses to ranked teams, 7 were to teams ranked within the top 10 at the time of the contest.

3) of the 7 losses to top 10, 4 were in the top 5.

4) of the 9 games against non-ranked opponents, he is 7-2

5) throw in his win against against a ranked USCjr and he has 2 SEC wins in his first season.

By comparison, DD was
15-21 overall
0-14 against ranked teams
15-7 against unranked teams

Reactions: 1 person
Indy the reason those teams were ranked so highly was because they were outscoring everyone else, not just us. That is how you get there to be ranked so highly. When we get back there we will be outscoring our opponents when we beat them. It just works that way.

Bring back THE BEAST package on short yards. Dooley couldn't run the ball either, so he gave AJ the ball in the red zone or 4 and 1 and let him run over everybody. Hell, pull some defensive linemen in there for one play if you have to, but get the damn yard. Punting on 4th and 1 when we are up by 3, have momo, and our defense is playing lights out -- that is pathetic. Was Dooley a more innovative thinker than CBJ? If so, we are in trouble. Yes, it's a risk, but if you design a special 4th and 1 squad, we have the players to get that yard -- I don't care who we are playing!

Reactions: 2 people
He is 0-2 vs Muschump and 0-1 to the Great Derek Doolander also....this is the SEC....get used to playing ranked teams....this ain't Cincinnati

Reactions: 6 people
In the 19 games, the only game I see that he should have won and didn't is the UF game. If they had won that game, I don't think we see as much complaining, but unfortunately they didn't. Hopefully after Bama they can win a few to quite the crowd.

Indy the reason those teams were ranked so highly was because they were outscoring everyone else, not just us. That is how you get there to be ranked so highly. When we get back there we will be outscoring our opponents when we beat them. It just works that way.

Before that we have to get to the point where we're at least putting up points consistently.

We're not good at that either.

Did you know that in those 11 losses, we are 0-11?

Before that we have to get to the point where we're at least putting up points consistently.

We're not good at that either.

No we are not. I do not disagree with you. But the only way we dig our selves out of this hole is through recruiting the best players. The 2 and 3 star diamond in the rough players that Doofus "found" did not pan out and we are paying the price now, every Saturday. That is why we have only 6 seniors in our 2 deep. When the 3, 4 and 5 stars we are getting now start to get a feel for the game and some experience then our level of team play will become more in line with the quality of the players we put on the field.

... and let the new rallying cry be "better than Dooley."

Not a cool-aid drinker but I'm not stupid enough to ignore the facts. Out of the first 19 games he's coached, 10 have been against top 20 teams and 7 of the 10 against top 10 teams.

Look at Jimbo Fisher,in his first two season, he only face 6 ranked team and lost 4 of them. Out of the six only two were top 10 teams. If you gave butch his schedule, what would you expect.

No we are not. I do not disagree with you. But the only way we dig our selves out of this hole is through recruiting the best players. The 2 and 3 star diamond in the rough players that Doofus "found" did not pan out and we are paying the price now, every Saturday. That is why we have only 6 seniors in our 2 deep. When the 3, 4 and 5 stars we are getting now start to get a feel for the game and some experience then our level of team play will become more in line with the quality of the players we put on the field.

I agree, but how long do we wait? Butch has about 50 of his guys on the roster right now.

I'm not a cool-aid drinker but I'm also not an idiot. While I do believe that he needs to replace a couple assistant coaches, I do believe he needs more time.

He is 8-11 in his first two years.
1) of his 11 losses, 9 came against teams ranked in the top 20 at the time of the contest. Only two loses against non-ranked teams was Vandy last year and Florida this year.

2) of the 9 losses to ranked teams, 7 were to teams ranked within the top 10 at the time of the contest.

3) of the 7 losses to top 10, 4 were in the top 5.

4) of the 9 games against non-ranked opponents, he is 7-2

5) throw in his win against against a ranked USCjr and he has 2 SEC wins in his first season.

By comparison, DD was
15-21 overall
0-14 against ranked teams
15-7 against unranked teams

Bottom line is he only has one class in here that's really his with another one in about 3 months. His first year was a complete wash. There's no way any coach could've made something out of that. After this second class going into next year I'm going to start expecting some things. I'm also going to expect him to change up his offense. Sorry, but none of us really want to see read option. So it's up to him. If he really wants to stick with that while he recruits 6-4 200 lb pro-style QB's, he's digging his own grave.

You comparing head to head vs Dooley but forgot CBJ is 0-1 vs Dooley.
Maybe this will refresh your memory?

6_233980.jpg

VN Store

Back