Worley's injury?

jasonvol18

Krav Maga Blackbelt
Have they said how bad his injury was or his status? Hoping Nate gets a shot the offense can't get any worse.

Oh I doubt they've forgotten, we just know what we're seeing on the field aint working

I honestly didn't think he'd make the entire game (I posted this on this board), but I was wrong on how long he go in the game without an injury, I honestly didn't think he'd make it through the first half. The important thing is his health, he's a tough guy, as many times as he gets knocked down (hard), and keeps coming back, he is one guy we should all be proud of. You can not coach "heart and toughness", that has to be something that you bring with you-Worley brought a bucket of each! If he's out for Bama.......

Reactions: 11 people
How quickly you all forget UF last year....It unfortunately can get worse.

Peterman had a bad start at Florida but on the play he broke his thumb, he was throwing to a wide open receiver. It would have been a TD. Then all of you guys would love him. Is he Peyton, NO! But he isn't near as bad as you guys make him. I bet he starts next year too.

Reactions: 2 people
Worley should not have been in the game to get injured at that stage. The game was over so why not let the subs get some experience -- well unless you just want to complain next year about having a QB with no game experience

We might be better off letting Nate play against Bama so Worley is healthy for the 4 games we have a better chance at winning (maybe a game off will help his mind and body to heal after all the beatings this year)

Reactions: 5 people
Peterman had a bad start at Florida but on the play he broke his thumb, he was throwing to a wide open receiver. It would have been a TD. Then all of you guys would love him. Is he Peyton, NO! But he isn't near as bad as you guys make him. I bet he starts next year too.

I have no problem with Peterman...I think he'll probably start over Dobbs next season too. My post isn't a downer on him, I'm just saying that throwing him to the wolves against Bama is not going to do anything to help him grow

Reactions: 2 people
I have no problem with Peterman...I think he'll probably start over Dobbs next season too. My post isn't a downer on him, I'm just saying that throwing him to the wolves against Bama is not going to do anything to help him grow

Maybe not but if he is gonna be the starter next yr like I believe also then better late than never. Worley is obviously gun shy by now and Peterman does have mobility. I mean if his confidence wasn't shaken by UF or GA then it wont at home on Sat.Would help being a home game and obviously it cant get much worse that 3 int's, 7 sacks and another Worley fumble that luckily we recovered. This isnt bashing Worley I think Bajakian hasn't helped him at all and surprised Worley can even walk right now. Just curious if there was any reports on him. I have had 3 shoulder surgeries so I know shoulder injuries hurt like hell and it being his throwing arm. But from an offense standpoint it can't get worse. We aren't scoring or moving the ball anyway.

Worley should not have been in the game to get injured at that stage. The game was over so why not let the subs get some experience -- well unless you just want to complain next year about having a QB with no game experience

We might be better off letting Nate play against Bama so Worley is healthy for the 4 games we have a better chance at winning (maybe a game off will help his mind and body to heal after all the beatings this year)

If its as bad as it looked on his shoulder he wont be back for awhile anyway. But you never know maybe he was just sore but that tackle and the way he landed didn't look good.

One way to take heat off the current qb situation with a freshman 0line is to be more mobile. Worley does not run unless it is to take a 5 yard loss instead of throwing the ball away. I'm not saying Peterman is our guy, but at least he is willing to run the ball.

Reactions: 3 people
How quickly you all forget UF last year....It unfortunately can get worse.

You must be one of the dumba$$ folks basing one half of football as a determination for a player's career. You prolly want 1-2 Dobbs who was horrible last year. If only we judged a player by his performance in the Swamp, Casey Clausen would be the number 1,2,3,4,5,6 best QB in UT history.

Reactions: 1 person
I saw him against UGA this year...He drive down for 2 TDs and UT beat UGA 37-33.

Lane didn't take the ball that was clearly in his belly. Playcalling on the second and third series made Nate hold the ball unlike the first when they were getting it out of his hand quickly. Get back to me when you watch series and not the stat sheet.

It comes down to this. Is Worley injured and can he play?
If not it is academic. Peterman or Dobbs will start.

You must be one of the dumba$$ folks basing one half of football as a determination for a player's career. You prolly want 1-2 Dobbs who was horrible last year. If only we judged a player by his performance in the Swamp, Casey Clausen would be the number 1,2,3,4,5,6 best QB in UT history.

Reading comprehension isn't too good with you is it? If you'll look a couple posts down (I know it's a lot of work!) I said I like Peterman, I think he'll be the starter next year....but how in the hell is throwing him into the Bama game good for him?! There is no reason for this kid to have his confidence crushed even more....

I understand this might not make sense to you, but I'm not sure how to explain it any more clearly...Maybe if you ask your mom or dad they will explain it in a way you could understand....probably with the help of a See Spot Run book.

Peterman hasn't gotten meaningful reps in a real game situation at home. He played cleanup when half the stadium was empty. I would not mind seeing him play early vs Bama. Heck, I wouldn't mind him and Worley rotate like Butch did with Munchie and that white kid number 11 at Cincy. Let Nate get some run packages. Don't see why we don't let next year's roster get some experience.

Reactions: 3 people
It comes down to this. Is Worley injured and can he play?
If not it is academic. Peterman or Dobbs will start.

I guess I should clear up that all my posts are under the assumption Worley is healthy.....If not then there is no argument about starting Peterman...

At this point, you have to plan your strategy for the games you have the best odds of winning. That improves your chances of achieving your goal-- 6 games and a bowl.

Is depleting our limited essential resources against a team that has a vendetta against us, that we have a lesser chance of beating the best strategy? Our best odds are against Vandy and Mizzou and UK at home. SCAR at W-B and Bama with a pissed-off Saban and a grudge-holding Kiffin will be a bigger challenge. I'd like to win them all, but we need to find the easiest path to three.

All QBs on our roster signed up to play that position. All 5 should be ready & willing to go in when their number is called. If they're a freshman or senior that the staff feels good enough about then they put their big boy pants on & show up to play regardless of who the opponent is. They can clean their pants out later if necessary after the game.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back