ZERO Rushing Yards. .

Vols5150

I'm sorry, but the "talent gap" between us and the rest of the league isn't that wide! It's not like we're UTC playing a top tier SEC team. LA-Lafayette had almost 200 yds rushing against Ole Miss, and we had ZERO? Something is very, very wrong when we can't get a single yd rushing.

This is unacceptable and the coaching staff should be held accountable. I'm tired of hearing all the excuses and coach speak. I see no improvement on the O line and that falls squarely on the shoulders of this staff. They are not getting better and they should be.

Reactions: 16 people
Whatever scheme they are trying to run is not working so it's time to do their jobs and actually coach - change up the scheme a little and try something different

For those who say you cannot change the entire scheme in the middle of the season should look at history. When we started the season 0-5, coach Majors fired legend DC Ken Donahue. His replacement switched from 3-4 to a 4-3 because he thought it better suited our talent. After the usual loss to Alabama we won 5 games in a row
We just need 3 more wins so do something to help get us there

It is hard to swallow the facts. I know our OL situation, but I can show you so many tiny little conference teams that have like 200 yard rushing against teams were laying eggs against. What the heck is wrong?

"But it's our youthful OL" - that has 3 academic Seniors on it

"We dont' have any depth, that's why we're playing 2 true freshmen" - JUCO 4* OT, SO C, 2 RS FR all on the bench. All look just as bad.

The problem is this is Year 2, not Year 1. 3/5 OL and 4 on bench are all in their 2nd year in the S&C and system. They all look like hot garbage. None look like they know anything about what they're supposed to be doing.

The True Freshman excuse is nothing but a crutch. Seniors, Juniors, etc all look completely lost.

Reactions: 1 person
We have a ton of TRUE freshman playing. The talent gap may not be that wide(it still is) but inexperience hurts just as much.

You do know in college football sacks count toward rushing yards correct? We actually had 52 rushing yards not counting sacks.

What is Butch Jone's pt. average against SEC teams since he has been here? Better yet against top 30 teams? Even with an NFL line last yr., this offense couldn't score against top 30 teams.

That makes it sound even worse.

You got that right! At the half we were MINUS yards rushing. With all rushing in the second, minus the loss yards we ended up with zero? I can't wait to hear the "spinners" try to make this sound okay. I'm sure someone will post, "Butch is building the greatest team in SEC history, everyone expected zero yards rushing, just wait until next year, or the year after that.....". From my viewpoint, we just got an old fashion, A(*& WHooooping.

"But it's our youthful OL" - that has 3 academic Seniors on it

"We dont' have any depth, that's why we're playing 2 true freshmen" - JUCO 4* OT, SO C, 2 RS FR all on the bench. All look just as bad.

The problem is this is Year 2, not Year 1. 3/5 OL and 4 on bench are all in their 2nd year in the S&C and system. They all look like hot garbage. None look like they know anything about what they're supposed to be doing.

The True Freshman excuse is nothing but a crutch. Seniors, Juniors, etc all look completely lost.

Thank God someone else gets it and isn't drunk on koolaid cliches.

It is hard to swallow the facts. I know our OL situation, but I can show you so many tiny little conference teams that have like 200 yard rushing against teams were laying eggs against. What the heck is wrong?

The offense used by BJ sucks.

didn't they hold Alabama to like 25 yards rushing or something? it could be that they just have a really good defense

VN Store

Back