Is Tennessee a career killer?

Vol Revolver

I really like CBJ and I think he is a great coach who gets the most out of his players. With that being said is Tennessee football just to big? Is there any coach that could come here and satisfy this fan bases win now attitude or would any coach suffer the same fate as Fulmer, (to a lesser extent) Dooley and CBJ who seems to be the next to fall to this win hungry fan base.

Aside from Saban and the almighty Hugh Freeze, who could come in and win now with our current roster?

No, we have just repeatedly went cheap and hired substandard coaches (Kiffin, Dooley). Jury still out on Butch

Reactions: 6 people
I really like CBJ and I think he is a great coach who gets the most out of his players. With that being said is Tennessee football just to big? Is there any coach that could come here and satisfy this fan bases win now attitude or would any coach suffer the same fate as Fulmer, (to a lesser extent) Dooley and CBJ who seems to be the next to fall to this win hungry fan base.

Aside from Saban and the almighty Hugh Freeze, who could come in and win now with our current roster?

How much time do you have? It's a long list.

Reactions: 3 people

I'm sorry, but nobody who can't score a touchdown in 8 quarters of conference play is "getting the most out of their players"

Reactions: 7 people
Okay this post is unreasonable. I admit our fan base is ravage but after not being worth a $&@! for 7 years any fan base would want winning especially after having a great winning tradition. Once Butch has all his players in place (ie 2016) then I will judge tennessee as a career killer or that Butch isn't the man. Right now we have to watch the rebuild. Let's put it this way. Kiffin was a blow by and move on and Dooley wasn't rebuilding anything but now Butch is paying for those dumb@$$es so we shall see what Butch can do. I believe in him.

Reactions: 4 people
Our O-Line is terrible, and our SR QB has lost his confidence. Nobody's saying there are quick fixes, but to say that great coaches couldn't make it better is just wrong. There are six wins on this schedule, but it will take some coaching mojo, because they've already left one of the easiest ones on the field.

UT is a career-maker for the right coach. Coaches are given everything they need to succeed here... and they either make the most of their opportunity or they don't.

Reactions: 3 people

I'm sorry, but there are a ton of coaches who win the Georgia game and the Florida game this year with our current roster. I didn't expect to win last night, but I did expect to beat Florida.

Reactions: 4 people
Nobody.

A few 5* OL recruits sure could help though.

I don't understand why we dont have at least one.. You WILL get INSTANT playing time here and play against the BEST! To use this logic we should have at least 5 5* OL recruits committed by now..

Butch is a great HC and we need him here. However, he is a mirror image of how Fulmer and how he runs a program. I've said it since day one, if Butch remains here, he would have to part ways with some of his assistants. The offensive coord being the main one. Guys , with coaches like jones who have no skills as a play caller on offense or defense, they have to surround themselves with great OC's. We all know Cutcliffe is what made the difference in Fulmer winning big in the 90's. We all know how the team lost it's discipline after Cutcliffe left and began a slow down fall.

I'm not calling for coaching changes. We have to keep Butch. We cannot afford another change! But, with the lack of player development on offense at the WR,Line,RB,etc has to raise the red flag. This is all on the OC! All we fans can do is support and let Butch dig himself out or dig it deeper by what his decision is. I'll leave you with this... I saw a team last night in the 4th qt that threw in the towel on both sides of the ball and that is my biggest concern this morning as a fan is whether or not Butch has lost team 118. We'll see!

Reactions: 2 people
We could have hired Cut--but everybody said he was too old and dull. Yea: He's turned a doormat duke into a respectable program. They are 6-1, just beat UVA. Granted, duke's schedule is full of cupcakes--but duke was a cupcake for many years too. Cut is an excellent OC, we know that, and I like a coach who has a specialty.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back