Everyone needs to calm down

vols1215

Our problems start with having very few SEC caliber upperclassmen. When you have 23 true freshman playing significant snaps you're not going to have a lot of success. Why would you even expect us to be winning games with guys that were playing HS ball last year. Just not gonna happen in this league. We will improve a little bit next season, but not significantly until 2016. Get mad, cry, curse whatever you may this is the truth. Accept it or drown in your own misery.

Reactions: 6 people
When you **** the bed often enough as a new staff replacing those players gets even tougher. I'll buy the argument all day but the product is not selling on the discount rack thus far.

Reactions: 3 people
Our problems start with having very few SEC caliber upperclassmen. When you have 23 true freshman playing significant snaps you're not going to have a lot of success. Why would you even expect us to be winning games with guys that were playing HS ball last year. Just not gonna happen in this league. We will improve a little bit next season, but not significantly until 2016. Get mad, cry, curse whatever you may this is the truth. Accept it or drown in your own misery.

Regardless of where they were playing last year this coaching staff should still have this o line playing better than they did in the first game of the year and they haven't. Zero progress as of today. Chattanooga was pushing them around last week and that is totally inexcusable. You might overlook it with Oklahoma or Ole Miss but not from a FCS school, not IMO. Most people accept the fact this would be a tough year but we also expect to see some actual coaching and so far we haven't. I like Butch Jones but when there is a severe lack of progress then there are going to be questions and his immunity to those questions is running out.

Regardless of where they were playing last year this coaching staff should still have this o line playing better than they did in the first game of the year and they haven't. Zero progress as of today. Chattanooga was pushing them around last week and that is totally inexcusable. You might overlook it with Oklahoma or Ole Miss but not from a FCS school, not IMO. Most people accept the fact this would be a tough year but we also expect to see some actual coaching and so far we haven't. I like Butch Jones but when there is a severe lack of progress then there are going to be questions and his immunity to those questions is running out.

You basically have a high school offensive line going against the third ranked team in the country at home.

There is one man , I will not call his name, on the offensive line that should have his scolly taken immediately. He is a waste of space on the field. He could not block Casper the Friendly Ghost !!!! UTM has lots of o linemen much better than he is and yes, they are freshmen. A defensive back could do a better job in the o line than he is doing.

Wow UT didn't curb stomp the #3 team in the country? I'm so shocked!

Wow UT didn't curb stomp the #3 team in the country? I'm so shocked!

Zero progess along the o line since game 1. Play calling is on a middle school level at best. It's not about curb stomping the #3 team in the country but it is about letting a team such as Chattanooga come in and push you around. The o line sucks and they haven't gotten one bit better since the start of the season.

Last edited:

Ok, lets test the validity of your argument. You are saying that we need SEC experienced players to be successful. What about last year's O'Line?

Last year we had an SEC-experienced O'Line that continued to regress throughout the season. Ok, now you will say that last year's O'Line had been conditioned to loose by the previous "bad" coaches. What kind of conditioning are we doing now?

I'm going to break this down to you in the form of questions; I hope that you will see what most fans are seeing.

• Since we had a true Freshman at RT, why wasn't a protection adjustment made to help out?
  • Since our QB did not have 3 seconds to throw, why were we still running routes to the flat and curl, instead of running slants across the middle (and the middle was wide open all night)?

You can always come up with excuses, but the real problem is that we have a coaching staff that will not adapt their system to our personnel.

And guess what? Next year our QB will either be a Feshman or someone with very little SEC game experience.

Reactions: 1 person
missstcowbell_polarexpressibelieve.gif

Seriously, everyone just needs to calm down. We all knew Dooley needed at least 4 years to get his players in here and fix the dumpster fire that Kiffin left. I mean we should have won a bowl game his first year and we technically beat LSU in Baton Rouge. Look at what we've done so far this year, we had a lead on FL in the second half, and we barely only lost to UGA and USCe. Have faith that 2013 will be a good year

CBJ needs to lead this team to a bowl game. 6 wins and a bowl then this season will be a success.

Seriously, everyone just needs to calm down. We all knew Dooley needed at least 4 years to get his players in here and fix the dumpster fire that Kiffin left. I mean we should have won a bowl game his first year and we technically beat LSU in Baton Rouge. Look at what we've done so far this year, we had a lead on FL in the second half, and we barely only lost to UGA and USCe. Have faith that 2013 will be a good year

I love this.

At least last season every time they got curb stomped we as fans could all count on a recruit committing....can't even get that this year

There is one man , I will not call his name, on the offensive line that should have his scolly taken immediately. He is a waste of space on the field. He could not block Casper the Friendly Ghost !!!! UTM has lots of o linemen much better than he is and yes, they are freshmen. A defensive back could do a better job in the o line than he is doing.
Wow call the CBJ show and let Jones know he has better backups than said player. He may call you for more advice about which players on the bench are better than what he's sendingg out.

Reactions: 1 person
People who think this staff gets a pass until 2016 aren't being realistic. To get to 2016, this staff is going to have to start winning before that. We have talented 4* and 5* players all over the field. Yes, some of them are green, but they're not incompetent and they have seven tough games under their belt. If we can't beat cupcakes and our fellow cellar dwellers to get to a bowl in one out of two years , then something isn't working.

People who think this staff gets a pass until 2016 aren't being realistic. To get to 2016, this staff is going to have to start winning before that. We have talented 4* and 5* players all over the field. Yes, some of them are green, but they're not incompetent and they have seven tough games under their belt. If we can't beat cupcakes and our fellow cellar dwellers to get to a bowl in one out of two years , then something isn't working.
Wash repeat wash rinse repeat rinse..

I am calm, but I'm not too blind to see that there are definitely issues that point to the coaching staff.
The offense is clearly regressing, a trait which points to lack of development. And its not just because it was ole miss, we gave up 6 sacks to Chattanooga and have now scored 0 tds in our last 2 sec games. Kentucky and mizzou both ran the score up on Florida in the swamp, we couldn't manage one td.

Also, it feels a lot like Dooley in the sense that you know there will be no halftime adjustments from our team. We just continue to get outschemed.

Our staff refuses to stop trying to force this offensive system which we do not have the players for and is so predictable. Ever heard of throwing a slant? Adjust to what we have.

I've now seen at least 3 games in which we've lost games we should have won or just been outcoached : south Alabama, vandy, Florida. Now we're seeing regression. A bowl is a must this year, and I'm honestly doubting we get there. This roster has enough to win 6, if we don't its on the staff.

VN Store

Back