Real OC would have us in I Formation with these players

NEO

Eat at Joe's
I can only wonder how many wins this team have if we were not running a read option but instead we were running an I formation with a FB blocking for Hurd?

I honestly think we would have beat Florida and maybe GA.

This read option stuff with a QB who never runs is crap.

Worley holds the ball for 5 seconds before he even hands it to Hurd.

Hurd is not a quick foot RB. He needs a few steps to get up to speed due to his size. We are using him wrong.

Put a FB in front off him and power the ball.

Just a total crap scheme right now.

And when it's fourth down use the damn Beast package...it was the only thing Dooley ever did right.

Hell, the OM coach gets it. When it was 4th and 1 he pulled BO and brought in freaking Refrigerator Perry.

Reactions: 11 people
We go I formation tonight with Peterman then TURN and hand off so we can get blown up 3 yards deep when we need 0.3 yards. Everything Bajakian does with this offense is ineffective.

Reactions: 4 people
HC, OC, and O line coaches have been together now, what, 7 years?

They know what they are doing.

It is a process.

Reactions: 9 people
You really wanna see this o-line in the I formation?? These players arent gonna push anybody to make a gap at least in our current scheme the running back has a chance to find any opening... Plus who is gonna play this superman fullback to block for Hurd??

Reactions: 5 people
Its not the offense they won with at Central Michigan or Cincinnati

Its the offense that will be run as long as Jones is here

It can work if the game plan is tweaked to fit the team we play and our situational play calling improves

Reactions: 1 person
Me taking a crap every morning I wake up is a process too and guess what? After 38 years it's still just me on the toilet taking a crap.

Reactions: 7 people
I agree, its certainly not a read option

It' not a read because he never keeps the ball.

But all the damn delayed hand offs are part of a read option.

I don't remember ever seeing Hurd behind Worley and already running 2 or 3 steps when he gets the ball.

Maybe I am over looking it but it seems like the RB is always to the side of the QB.

That is not the type of runner Hurd is.

Reactions: 2 people
It's a gap read NOT a read option, the gap read is a delay to give the back time to read the holes, Worley is not supposed to keep the ball the vast majority of times, NOT A READ OPTION/OPTION/ANYTHING TO DO WITH AN OPTION.

Reactions: 3 people
The I is run by programs with top offensive linemen. We do not have Cosey Coleman, Chad Clifton, Tom Myslinski and Antone Davis there these days. Teams with weaker or slower linemen compensate by running option based offenses: wishbone, the spread and west coast offenses to spread out the defense.

It's a gap read NOT a read option, the gap read is a delay to give the back time to read the holes, Worley is not supposed to keep the ball the vast majority of times, NOT A READ OPTION/OPTION/ANYTHING TO DO WITH AN OPTION.

Well, then I can only imagine the confusion Hurd must currently have after 7 games and still not seeing these gaps.

I can hear the conversation now:

Hurd: Coach I am not seeing these gaps I am seeing suppose to run through.

Bajakan: Oh come on, there so clear a truck could drive through them

Hurd: "Srataches head" Hmm, must bea really small truck.

It's truly amazing to see all of these coaches on here who know more than Coach Jones, yet they have never had a job coaching football, and maybe never even played. You complain about the triple reverse yet, just last week you said we have to run something else, trick plays, etc. I agree it wasn't the best call when they were actually moving the ball,but........Jones is the coach and will be for a long time. And when they finish this year in a bowl game and next year begin to dismantle team themselves, don't pretend to be a fan. Now, go ahead, flame me, I'll forgive you, you are probably drunk or high or perhaps just delusional.

You are correct but our version takes way too long to develop and we aren't very good at it.

It's truly amazing to see all of these coaches on here who know more than Coach Jones, yet they have never had a job coaching football, and maybe never even played. You complain about the triple reverse yet, just last week you said we have to run something else, trick plays, etc. I agree it wasn't the best call when they were actually moving the ball,but........Jones is the coach and will be for a long time. And when they finish this year in a bowl game and next year begin to dismantle team themselves, don't pretend to be a fan. Now, go ahead, flame me, I'll forgive you, you are probably drunk or high or perhaps just delusional.

I have never been president of the United States, but I can tell if he is doing a good job or not.

Is there really anybody (who isn't mentally challenged) who truly believes that lining up in the I formation with an undersized, inexperienced line would make our offense better?

How would lining up in the I with a TE and FB (which would allow the defense to stack the box instead of spreading them out) help an OL that can't stop a 3 man pass rush?

Also, we use and H-Back A LOT. That is functionally the same as a FB. But I guess expecting the mouth breathers on here to understand that is asking too much.

I can only wonder how many wins this team have if we were not running a read option but instead we were running an I formation with a FB blocking for Hurd?

I honestly think we would have beat Florida and maybe GA.

This read option stuff with a QB who never runs is crap.

Worley holds the ball for 5 seconds before he even hands it to Hurd.

Hurd is not a quick foot RB. He needs a few steps to get up to speed due to his size. We are using him wrong.

Put a FB in front off him and power the ball.

Just a total crap scheme right now.

And when it's fourth down use the damn Beast package...it was the only thing Dooley ever did right.

Hell, the OM coach gets it. When it was 4th and 1 he pulled BO and brought in freaking Refrigerator Perry.

The FB's on the roster are?

We have a Power back who hasn't gotten the ball on a power run all year. 😑. OLine does handicap play calling but the system were in handicaps everything.

VN Store

Back