Wait til Butch gets his own players

RoaminVol

Dat Ninja
I will not judge Butch til he gets his OWN team out here. He has only recruited the freshman that are playing their heart out there. Yes the O line is terrible but remember Dooley recruited this garbage. I think Butch is man for the job but we have to be patient. Yea we are more and likely gonna get run over by Saban but we have to be content with what we have. We have a MUCH easier schedule next year and another top 5 class coming in.

Reactions: 7 people
Though I agree on him having all HIS guys in.. We still play Ok, UGA, ARK, FL, AL, SC, Mis,.. I wouldn't call that much of a reduction.

So that'll be next year? Year 3 should be pretty much your own guys. If Butch doesn't have a QB and a line ready by year three, it's on him

Reactions: 4 people
The way our roster has turned over next year CBJ really will have his guys. There will be very, very few Dooley guys left.

I'll wait on it. This is a 4 year re-build. Dooley hurt us more than we can imagine right now. Only history will show how bad he was for the program.

Reactions: 3 people
So that'll be next year? Year 3 should be pretty much your own guys. If Butch doesn't have a QB and a line ready by year three, it's on him

He will have a much more experienced Dobbs, Jennings, Dormany, and even Peterman. (Have you seen our recruiting class) Also our Line will be much heavier, stronger, and experienced. Be patient dawg Rome wasn't made over night.

At this point, we don't have a lot of choice. He will get the time to get his players for sure. The facts are this...No Way we are this bad! This staff is not putting our offense in a position to win. If that doesn't change, we will never succeed with this staff. We have awesome skill players, no matter who or where they are, get hem touches. The OL is not an excuse for the pitiful excuse of a game we played tonight. They played great most of the first half and we still laid an egg on offense.

Reactions: 1 person
I will not judge Butch til he gets his OWN team out here. He has only recruited the freshman that are playing their heart out there. Yes the O line is terrible but remember Dooley recruited this garbage. I think Butch is man for the job but we have to be patient. Yea we are more and likely gonna get run over by Saban but we have to be content with what we have. We have a MUCH easier schedule next year and another top 5 class coming in.

He didn't recruit in 2013 when hired? He didn't recruit and or retain the 3 OL from that class that he refuses to play? Did Freeze have all his own guys in yr 2 when he went 8-5? The best players on this team at this point were Dooley's recruits.

Reactions: 4 people
At this point, we don't have a lot of choice. He will get the time to get his players for sure. The facts are this...No Way we are this bad! This staff is not putting our offense in a position to win. If that doesn't change, we will never succeed with this staff. We have awesome skill players, no matter who or where they are, get hem touches. The OL is not an excuse for the pitiful excuse of a game we played tonight. They played great most of the first half and we still laid an egg on offense.

I don't think we are this bad but I think Ole Miss Defense was really that good. They are damn near ranked in the top 5 in just about everything. Ole Miss has pretty much shut down everybody this year.

Last edited:
Yes, when you're playing 23 freshmen, it's your team. The Dooley holdovers are his few successes-- AJ, Maggit, etc.-- which is actually helping Butch.

Time for progress.

Reactions: 1 person
He didn't recruit in 2013 when hired? He didn't recruit and or retain the 3 OL from that class that he refuses to play? Did Freeze have all his own guys in yr 2 when he went 8-5? The best players on this team at this point were Dooley's recruits.

Yea cause most of the team is Dooley recruits!!!! My point exactly!!

Next year won't be any better. No QB and same incompetent o-line. Have to give him 4 yrs at least though. Have to. Next year would have to be a total train wreck for CBJ to be in trouble IMO.

Yes, when you're playing 23 freshmen, it's your team. The Dooley holdovers are his few successes-- AJ, Maggit, etc.-- which is actually helping Butch.

Time for progress.

Where is the Depth? Everybody except the running backs and some reciever are Dooley recruits!!!

Last edited:
Another top 5 class is good. But FRESHMEN ARE FRESH MEAT to be thrown to the wolves.

Freeze got Houston Nutt's players we got Dools players. That my friend is a huge difference!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back