How would CBJ change staff if needed?

Dougie_D

I don't know his connections. It seems like his circle is small and I'm worried about that.

I honestly think if he doesn't make some sort of change at the end of the season, he's taking the Michigan job if offered.

Mahoney is on the ropes, might be out.

Bajakian will get one more year.

Other way around maybe , O-line is young so that can be excusable but the play calling at times (most of times) is just horrible.

I don't know his connections. It seems like his circle is small and I'm worried about that.

I honestly think if he doesn't make some sort of change at the end of the season, he's taking the Michigan job if offered.

Dude, standing that close to the edge is dangerous.

Butch is a smart, seemingly very loyal, coach. I'm going to put money on him making good decisions at the end of the season.

RELAX.....

So frustrating, just change the scheme.
We've got playmakers but we make no plays.

My God! Again with this "PlayStation" mentality! You cannot just "change the scheme" mid season. This team has been working in this scheme for almost 2 straight years. If they suddenly tried to change scheme right now, the offense would actually get worse. It's not the scheme. It's the players trying to execute it.

Reactions: 2 people
My God! Again with this "PlayStation" mentality! You cannot just "change the scheme" mid season. This team has been working in this scheme for almost 2 straight years. If they suddenly tried to change scheme right now, the offense would actually get worse.

Shut up. We haven't scored a TD in 8 quarters of conference play. The scheme sucks.

Reactions: 8 people
Sometimes I wonder if we offered the job to David Cutcliffe, if he would come be our OC once again. Then I remember that Duke is winning a lot of ball games and I pull that lampshade back down..so tired of losing.

It's pretty easy, he just calls up the second best coach in America for whatever position he needs to fill.

Reactions: 1 person
Sometimes I wonder if we offered the job to David Cutcliffe, if he would come be our OC once again. Then I remember that Duke is winning a lot of ball games and I pull that lampshade back down..so tired of losing.

Duke's record since Cutcliffe has been head coach...

2008: 4-8
2009: 5-7
2010: 3-9
2011: 3-9
2012: 6-7
2013: 10-4
2014: 6-1

5 straight losing seasons before the record finally started showing the evidence of his hard work. I wonder if Duke fans were questioning his offensive scheme after a year and a half, let alone after 5 years.

Reactions: 4 people
Duke's record since Cutcliffe has been head coach...

2008: 4-8
2009: 5-7
2010: 3-9
2011: 3-9
2012: 6-7
2013: 10-4
2014: 6-1

5 straight losing seasons before the record finally started showing the evidence of his hard work. I wonder if Duke fans were questioning his offensive scheme after a year and a half, let alone after 5 years.
Duke was happy with 4 wins

That was 4 more than normal

Reactions: 3 people

Dude, how do you figure a coach with a worse record than the one Mich would be firing, would be hired by them?

tumblr_ndh1aqXrro1smmsbuo2_500.gif

Please 'splain yo'self.

OK so what about the 2 years of regression at 3-9 after going 4-8 and 5-7? You think Duke fans were ready to run him out of town after that?

Duke fans don't give a damn about football. Even after playing in the ACC title game last year they can't fill a 25,000 seat stadium.

Butch won't make staff changes. The coaches are tight. Their wives are friends, their kids are friends, they are a package deal. They came together and they will leave together. He thinks they are the best coaches available, and if he's wrong, it will speed all of their departure.

OK so what about the 2 years of regression at 3-9 after going 4-8 and 5-7? You think Duke fans were ready to run him out of town after that?

I don't think so

Duke has always been a basketball school

Just think of us in the opposite

Most TN fans could care less if UT means basketball did any good. Its just not as important when it comes to sports at UT as football is.

Duke fans feel the same way about Football.

I don't think so

Duke has always been a basketball school

Just think of us in the opposite

Most TN fans could care less if UT means basketball did any good. Its just not as important when it comes to sports at UT as football is.

Duke fans feel the same way about Football.

Go tell that Cuonzo Martin.

Besides, you're missing my point anyway. My point is that IF Duke decided to run Cutcliffe off after 5 straight losing seasons and back to back 3-9 records, they'd be running off what we all can see now is a pretty damn good football coach. My whole point all of this is it's been a year and half. People need to put their damn torches and pitchforks away and look to 2016. THAT will be the year where it all comes together. Just wait and see.

Last edited:
When you have the kind of resources you have at UT and when you make a HC one of the highest paid coaches in America, you expect results. Back-to-back losing seasons isn't going to cut it. If you can't win, you'd better show clear, tangible progress to keep those donor dollars coming.

It's so hard to be a fan right now. Our head coach talks a big game and it's in my blood to stay loyal but each Saturday is ruined by our underperforming offense. Our recruiting rocks. Our on-field coaching leaves a ton to be desired.

It's easy. He will call you or one of the thousand other experts here on VolNation and hire you. No way it could go wrong at all!:crazy:

It's easy. He will call you or one of the thousand other experts here on VolNation and hire you. No way it could go wrong at all!:crazy:

If you go back and read your last several posts on here they've all been negative in nature, or insulting to another poster.

What's your deal? Go back and read them yourself. 90% of them are negative.

VN Store

Back