The Official Butch Jones support thread...

gardners_51609

Get Heuped Up!
After every loss by 1 point or 50 we get 35 knee jerk reaction threads. This team is so close. I know several of you are going to not see the forest for the trees, but there has been so much improvment.

There is so much that is not CBJ's fault.

1. CBJ did not tell Worley to go colorblind through most of the game.

2. CBJ did not tell North to disappear for most of the game.

3. He did not tell Evan Berry to fumble the kickoff.

4. He did not tell Dooley to recruit no OL in 2012.

5. It is not his fault that still some of the roster is not upto SEC standards and he has to keep them for just simple depth.

6. It is not his fault he has virtually no depth at RB and his main guy and Lane can not stay on the field for injuries.

7. It is not his fault Worley holds the ball forever and takes sacks when the OL actually gives decent time.

Feel free to add to this list. But some of you all need to stop wanting to fire everyone and start seeing the real issues with the team. CBJ has probably made a poor in game decision or two, but he IS the coach of your Volunteers and he is giving everything he has to make this program better. He NEEDS our support. We need to build depth and have faith. WE saw the turnaround our defense did in just 1 year. Let's trust CBJ's vision.

GBO!!

Reactions: 43 people
To many around here that think we'd be national champs with Dooley or kiffin. I like Butch, he'll get us there.

Reactions: 8 people
You would think a loss to the #3 team in the nation at their home who beat Bama and A&M back to back wouldn't send this forum into total breakdown mode. All you can do is laugh..

Reactions: 11 people
Lleyn_sheep.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Not feeling it tonight. I think I would prefer a knife in the back than on open letter of support after a beating like that. I bet Butch is pissed off and I see no reason why we shouldn't be as well.

Reactions: 1 person
After every loss by 1 point or 50 we get 35 knee jerk reaction threads. This team is so close. I know several of you are going to not see the forest for the trees, but there has been so much improvment.

5. It is not his fault that still some of the roster is not upto SEC standards and he has to keep them for just simple depth.

6. It is not his fault he has virtually no depth at RB and his main guy and Lane can not stay on the field for injuries.

7. It is not his fault Worley holds the ball forever and takes sacks when the OL actually gives decent time.

Feel free to add to this list. But some of you all need to stop wanting to fire everyone and start seeing the real issues with the team. CBJ has probably made a poor in game decision or two, but he IS the coach of your Volunteers and he is giving everything he has to make this program better. He NEEDS our support. We need to build depth and have faith. WE saw the turnaround our defense did in just 1 year. Let's trust CBJ's vision.

GBO!!

This team is "so close"??? We haven't scored a td vs the last 2 SEC teams we've played and just got blown out by 31 pts. So close?? Jeez.

We're gonna lose by 30+ pts again next week. It'll be another embarrassing loss. Are you really say we're "so close" again next week?

Reactions: 7 people

GBO!!

It all falls to the head coach. Regardless.

Being close doesn't cut it. Yeah, number three team on the road. I don't care. You deal with that **** in the SEC. Bama will be top 5. I don't care. Put up or shutup time.

Coach Jones has my support.HELL we gave Doofus more time to rebuild from 1 year of kiffen. Now CBJ only gets 1.5 to fix four years of bad coaching new schemes and recruits leaving? Some of the posts on here are just craziness If we fire our coach we just press reset AGAIN. Please stop the madness. CBJ is a great coach.

Reactions: 7 people
No offense (no pun intended), but I didn't bother reading your entire post, OP. Jones didn't inherit a talented football team by SEC standards. It isn't something you can turn around in one or two seasons. We are a couple years away. Jones is the man for the job. Keep grinding!

Reactions: 6 people
I am behind CBJ 100%, I have given him until the end of 2016, If he isnt winning by then then get rid of him and hire us coah that is proven.. He will have the players no doubt.

I dont agree with some of the things you said, but I still believe in the vision he has given us. GO VOLS

Totally agree . Takes patience and time.. A quick fix isn't going to work to fix this mess Butch inherited!!!

Rebuild Definition (verb)
1.build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.
"he rebuilt the cathedral church"
synonyms: reconstruct, renovate, restore, remodel, remake, reassemble

VN Store

Back