O-line recruited for passlocking??

Dougie_D

When we had Chaney and Dooley, we were a pass-happy team.

Do most of our offensive line players have better skill sets for a pass blocker?

Is that like teaching a right handed person to write with their left?

I really don't think so.

Blair has no technique and is a bust for now unless he can learn. That means we have to shuffle to deal with that.

We put a C/G at RT. to make up for the reshuffle. We had to convert a DL to RG. We have a SOCON center.

It isn't about skillset. It's about skill and playing the decent guys out of position to make up for the lack of it.

Thomas will be fine once we can get him to where he belongs.

there are no antone davis'. this is the youngest oline in the nation.

next question?

No, the current O-Line has several fundamental skill challenges, along with developmental challenges. Good coaching can help overcome this...poor coaching rears its head with lack of improvement.

No, the current O-Line has several fundamental skill challenges, along with developmental challenges. Good coaching can help overcome this...poor coaching rears its head with lack of improvement.

Nu uh

Umm....on the nose.

so tired of watching the center have to smacked to hike the ball!! and the fact he told the reporter why is nuts!! oh hey defence when i get smacked on the backside the ball is coming!!

so tired of watching the center have to smacked to hike the ball!! and the fact he told the reporter why is nuts!! oh hey defence when i get smacked on the backside the ball is coming!!

As long as time isn't expiring it does seem he mixes up the snap count some after the tap. At least we have that to cling to.

Do most of our offensive line players have better skill sets for a pass blocker?

Well, first you'd have to come to a conclusion that Dooley recruited well.....he did'nt. I know we seem to live in a specialized, I only do this world, but it should'nt be to hard to weed out the one's that dont fit the present system. You recruit guys that pass/run block well. Since thats what you do during a game. You pass...and you run. There's no excuse to be weak at either.

Well, first you'd have to come to a conclusion that Dooley recruited well.....he did'nt. I know we seem to live in a specialized, I only do this world, but it should'nt be to hard to weed out the one's that dont fit the present system. You recruit guys that pass/run block well. Since thats what you do during a game. You pass...and you run. There's no excuse to be weak at either.

Just recruiting ... SOMEBODY ... would have been nice.

I can see from this post that you fall into the following categories

1) You're not a true fan
2) You know nothing about football
3) You never played football
4) You don't "get it"
5) When we start winning, you can't join the party

You forgot...

6) you're gonna receive a "nasty-gram" email saying you are a "Troll" for not "towing the Homer-line of 'Butch and his Cincy boys are the BEST...and you can just shut up if you don't believe it!"

Running a zone read blocking set of schemes with the youngest O-line in the nation with two of the guys definitely out of position considering their skill-sets...teaching these guys the right way to block in order to properly run this particular offensive scheme, are all inherently difficult and will take time and patience. Patience belongs to those who are mature enough to endure the knee jerk reactionism of those who lack it. It'll be alright. Imagine the bricks that are stacking up; then imagine the big wall on the drawing board, puppies. Patience. Go Vols!

Our o line were recruited to sit on the bench. They suck at run and pass blocking. They couldn't block rain with a golf umbrella. I have never seen such bad Oline play.

Well I must admit I don't know anything about pass locking, but "pass blocking" is much easier to teach vs run blocking to inexperienced or experienced linemen.

VN Store

Back