Justin WHO, deja vu?

tm3

45 years ago #3 UT faced unranked Ole Piss, a team led by hotshot QB Archie Manning.

In an interview the week before the game, UT star linebacker Steve Kiner was asked if he was worried about containing Archie Manning. His famous reply, of course, was "Archie Who?"

UT was welcomed by hundreds of Ole Piss fans wearing Archie Who buttons and carrying Archie Who banners, and Ole Piss proceeded to curb stomp UT 38-0.

It was a turning point in my life because as i listened to the game on the radio I was totally bewildered -- UT is #3 in the country, how in the world can something like this be happening? It was kind of an end of the age of innocence thing.

Anyway, today is time for some deja vu what goes around comes around as Justin Who leads the unranked Vols to a decisive victory over Ole Piss!

Well, not likely of course but it is a nice thought.

Reactions: 6 people
Would be EPIC if we pull it off. Seems like it was forever ago that we beat a top 5 ranked team.

Would be EPIC if we pull it off. Seems like it was forever ago that we beat a top 5 ranked team.

When we beat usc last year, it broke a 19 game losing streak against ranked teams.......................This losing streak needs to be broken too

I'd feel better if an Ole Miss player had said "Justin Who" and if I expected Worley to have a long NFL career.

For those of you who keep calling for Justin to run the ball more here is a thought. Oklahoma's quarterback, yeah the one who beat us, well OK decided to run him on 3 straight running plays. The 3rd run sent him to the locker room. He might be back and might not, but OK will have to run with their tailback for now. They lost their fullback on the same play for targeting a K State player. We can not afford to lose Justin.

Reactions: 2 people
For those of you who keep calling for Justin to run the ball more here is a thought. Oklahoma's quarterback, yeah the one who beat us, well OK decided to run him on 3 straight running plays. The 3rd run sent him to the locker room. He might be back and might not, but OK will have to run with their tailback for now. They lost their fullback on the same play for targeting a K State player. We can not afford to lose Justin.

So your saying you think Justin gets tossed for targeting while running the football.

Yep , zero confidence in the backup . BTW, the baylor w,va. game is a knockdown , drag out 10 flags in the first half. :aggressive: :vava:

I think it may have been forever. And on another sobering note, the only SEC schools that haven't been ranked in the top six in the past three years are Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky.

Back to my day dream ......

That Waters kid is tough and can run well. Can't imagine Worley getting a 53 yards on one run.

And on another sobering note, the only SEC schools that haven't been ranked in the top six in the past three years are Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky.

And UK is the new media darling, leaving us alone in the SEC cellar with Vandy, who has beaten us two out of the last three years. If UK plays LSU close tonight and we get steamrolled, we will look even worse.

VN Store

Back