Is Jacob Gilliam back today

#27VFL

I saw that he's been practicing for 2 weeks and appears to be ready. Do any of you know if he is getting the start today?

CBJ is not going to risk any further injury, however, if Gilliam plays, its because he is ready. Jones takes the health and well being of his players serious. He made promises to them and their families, that he would take care of them......and one thing I can say about CBJ......he is a man of his word.

Go Vols.............I love you guys!!!

Reactions: 3 people
5th year guy rehabbing an acl the way he did will be a dfference maker. No doubt this means the world to him.

Reactions: 1 person
Even if he can't play this year his effort to come back alone should inspire the team.

Can someone that is a doctor explain to us how this works how he could come back from a acl so fast when most take a year? So if you don't have surgery you can come back faster but it isn't as stable?

Can someone that is a doctor explain to us how this works how he could come back from a acl so fast when most take a year? So if you don't have surgery you can come back faster but it isn't as stable?

Not a doctor but if you take some HGH you can recover from an ACL injury very quickly. Not saying that he did that though

You cannot recover in 6 weeks from an ACL tear. If he's on the field today, then he never tore his ACL.

You cannot recover in 6 weeks from an ACL tear. If he's on the field today, then he never tore his ACL.

The ACL will not heal, but athletes have certainly played with torn ACLs before. Run the great risk of damaging your MCL, but its been done before.

I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that he was injured but convinced the coaches to let him play because he didn't want that to be his last game.

I played my senior year of baseball with a torn labrum bicep and rotator cuff and was very effective. Just depends on the athlete and of course football is different than baseball.

I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that he was injured but convinced the coaches to let him play because he didn't want that to be his last game.

Someone posted awhile back that it wasn't a complete tear, I believe. Regardless, still a remarkable feat if he does play anymore this year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back