How much better do you think our offensive line will be next year?

No telling till spring at the earliest. We might not have a decent OL till we've replaced out current ones and developed new players, that's worst case scenario.

Reactions: 1 person
What is wrong with you guys? You are busting on high school kids going against the best teams in the nation. They would not be here if they were not any good. They are here to develop into juniors and seniors and take us to the promised land...and you're busting on them 24-7 like you got nothing better to do.

Reactions: 2 people
What is wrong with you guys? You are busting on high school kids going against the best teams in the nation. They would not be here if they were not any good. They are here to develop into juniors and seniors and take us to the promised land...and you're busting on them 24-7 like you got nothing better to do.

Our O-line is still in high school????

Shhhhhhh don't tell the NCAA...... I feel like this may be illegal.

Reactions: 2 people
One would hope that Blair will overcome what ever his problem is and at least be serviceable next year. If that happens, Thomas could compete with Crowder at center and have an off season S&C to develop at his natural position. Robertson will be much better next year and the back ups will have another year of development. Jackson will return for his 5th year and who knows about the freshman class.

The problem now is guys playing out of position. We don't have a real tackle ready to play, the whole right side is freshmen and the backups are guards and not tackles. Next year will be better, but how much is anyone's guess.

Is UT Chattanooga one of the best teams in the nation?

Reactions: 4 people
Is UT Chattanooga one of the best teams in the nation?

In FCS they are top 15 I think.

Heard on the radio just a few minutes ago that the 2011 line that featured a few true freshmen gave up 48 sacks. In 2012 they gave up 18.

Just food for thought.

The OL will be the difference in winning 6 games or 8 games next year. Even more so than QB.

Well I'm hoping, but I,m not convinced. I'm just not sure the talent level is there.

Still concerned about it next year but the extra practice if we get to a bowl (hoping for a later bowl game into January should we get 6 wins) will be invaluable headed into spring with EEs.

We won't know until spring practice but here's things to remember and think about...

1...On 1 side of our O line we have a G, T and a TE starting that are true freshmen and were playing in high school this time last season.

They're getting valuable real game snaps and experience and that's always huge.

With another year of S & C and practice and more knowledge they'll be much better.

2...Who we get on NSD for the O line and how many of them are EE's that can get extra S &C and knowledge could also see us improve even more.

We know buTch is working hard on that since he was in Memphis last night at a high school game trying to get a 5* O Tackle to flip to UT and I'll never count him out until NSD and we see who signs with us and how many EE's we get.

Juniors and seniors are traditionally always your best linemen and we're way behind on that thanks to our last 2 coaches totally screwing up our recruiting rotations especially on both lines.

We certainly ARE getting better but we're still at least 2 recruiting classes away from being a top 5 team consistently like buTch is building us to become.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back