Some of you don't want to hear this

Already heard it, and it not too far off the truth, UT and CBJ do need another year to put UT on the trajectory or better than Ol'Miss. 7 OL in 3 years......there their problem. I am not saying these current players won't be awesome next year, UT does not have depth. I for one see a very bright future for UT Football.

Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 9 people
Its not like 80 percent of posters on here are not negative and say we have no shot vs olemiss, but what bothers me is our players reading the board and people who say they love them putting them down, I can't stand it, to all the people who trash talk our players, you suck at life I would love to see you play football and get smacked around, but you would probly cry b4 you ever hit the field BC you know yor weak and I would like to know what has made youall so fricken critical did your mom make you wear girl clothes and put makeup on you or do you love making our team feel bad BC I'm sick of everyone's bs about no shot no chance our players do have a shot and will beat olemiss and then I hope they get all the peoples addresses and come to your house take your fan card and make you play football with them GBO GO VOLS I LOVE YALL
S

Reactions: 6 people
Its not like 80 percent of posters on here are not negative and say we have no shot vs olemiss, but what bothers me is our players reading the board and people who say they love them putting them down, I can't stand it, to all the people who trash talk our players, you suck at life I would love to see you play football and get smacked around, but you would probly cry b4 you ever hit the field BC you know yor weak and I would like to know what has made youall so fricken critical did your mom make you wear girl clothes and put makeup on you or do you love making our team feel bad BC I'm sick of everyone's bs about no shot no chance our players do have a shot and will beat olemiss and then I hope they get all the peoples addresses and come to your house take your fan card and make you play football with them GBO GO VOLS I LOVE YALL
S

Wrong thread sorry but I ment it GBO

Reactions: 1 person
S

Cocke County?

S

Amen Brother! I am not against an observational comment concerning play, but your right, some of these comments are rough. I think 2015 will be a great year and after that.......Sky is the limit!!!

Go Vols!.........beat those Rebels!!!

I've seen clichés, I've seen reasons, I've seen excuses, and I honestly and realistically get that we are behind the 8-ball in a lot of areas on this team, compared to the rest of the SEC. That being said, I'm tired of hearing how close we are. I've heard it for the last 3.5 years, and never seen it get past that discussion. I know exactly where Fulmer/Kiffin/Dooley left this team, and I know where Jones wants to take us. So, here's where I stand on it all.....just win baby. We're are at the point where they need to realize that recruiting for their system is fine, but shaping your system to the current players and not being rigid to the point of being stubborn and force feeding what that want versus what they need, is akin to shades of Fulmer. I know that its going to be 2 years from now, before we see the true fruits of their labor, but I not only want to see progress, I want to see them evolve past what they know and put this team in positions to win these games. I also want to see the players take this team and go win it themselves, if they aren't put in the right positions by the coaches. Sometimes players have to do it themselves, and that's whether the coaches just aren't having a good night, or they see something that they can exploit to help them win.

So I get it, we are just about there, now the question is, when do they take the bull by the boys and move forward, instead of getting kicked in the face?

Reactions: 7 people
I agree 100 percent,if we give butch the time to rebuild we'll be back on top
in no time.The man can recruit like no the other.Hes filling in the pieces.

this year was really coach Jones first full recruiting class I don't know why the win verse South Carolina last year moved up everybody's expectations one year we are on the right path let's just get behind our team and believe in them

Reactions: 3 people
I think we're 2 years away

I tend to agree Yankme. The youth will still be an issue. I am hopeful the O can have the big step up the way the D did this year. Butch seems to get them to play hard for him.
How many wins do you see for us next year?

S

So if we give up 6 sacks to a FCS UT-Chatt, we can't criticize the O Line? This is a forum ---> a medium for fans to debate/share opinions about UT Sports. I don't like the individual disparaging remarks that personally attack a player, but debate about our team is what makes this site awesome.

Reactions: 2 people
So if we give up 6 sacks to a FCS UT-Chatt, we can't criticize the O Line? This is a forum ---> a medium for fans to debate/share opinions about UT Sports. I don't like the individual disparaging remarks that personally attack a player, but debate about our team is what makes this site awesome.

Somebody "gets it". Good post.

Would Nick Saban, Les Miles, Steve Spurrier, Marc Richt, etc. trot two true freshmen out there on the O-line together against a Top 5 team in Oklahoma for their first starts and declare they would be the starters for this season? One having played C his entire HS career and is now a OT and the other having been brought in as a DT that was converted to G two weeks before the season. Meanwhile observing his competent senior QB getting beat up like a sparring partner of a heavyweight champion week after week and making no effort to change and adjust the scheme, play calls, or try other stronger players that have been in the system longer. Then telling the fan base that has undergone junk coaching and lies for a decade to "be patient".

The answer is "no". They know better. Yet, because Butch "gets it", it is OK with our fan base. Horse hockey. If they ever want to compete in the SEC they are going to have learn to do whatever it takes.

Reactions: 4 people
I've seen clichés, I've seen reasons, I've seen excuses, and I honestly and realistically get that we are behind the 8-ball in a lot of areas on this team, compared to the rest of the SEC. That being said, I'm tired of hearing how close we are. I've heard it for the last 3.5 years, and never seen it get past that discussion. I know exactly where Fulmer/Kiffin/Dooley left this team, and I know where Jones wants to take us. So, here's where I stand on it all.....just win baby. We're are at the point where they need to realize that recruiting for their system is fine, but shaping your system to the current players and not being rigid to the point of being stubborn and force feeding what that want versus what they need, is akin to shades of Fulmer. I know that its going to be 2 years from now, before we see the true fruits of their labor, but I not only want to see progress, I want to see them evolve past what they know and put this team in positions to win these games. I also want to see the players take this team and go win it themselves, if they aren't put in the right positions by the coaches. Sometimes players have to do it themselves, and that's whether the coaches just aren't having a good night, or they see something that they can exploit to help them win.

So I get it, we are just about there, now the question is, when do they take the bull by the boys and move forward, instead of getting kicked in the face?

If you take the Bull by the "boys", your on the wrong end of the Bull.

making no effort to change and adjust the scheme, play calls, or try other stronger players that have been in the system longer. Then telling the fan base that has undergone junk coaching and lies for a decade to "be patient".

The answer is "no". They know better. Yet, because Butch "gets it", it is OK with our fan base. Horse hockey. If they ever want to compete in the SEC they are going to have learn to do whatever it takes.

Thats the unnerving part IMO. The offensive coaches dont seem to try to change anything even when its clearly NOT working. They have their system and scheme for the game and are not going to change it in any way come hell or high water.....or multiple loses.

Seems like they simply cant or wont adapt. If we see more of the same today leading to another loss it will be undeniable.

If you watch the games and haven't seen the progress then I don't know what to tell you. We are an average o-line away from being a contender in the SECE.

All units have improved except for the o-line and we beat a top 10 team last year.

We are recruiting at a top 5, top 10 level again.

We are all frustrated by the wasted Dooley years, but we are now legitimately close. You have to acknowledge that.

Reactions: 2 people
I tend to agree Yankme. The youth will still be an issue. I am hopeful the O can have the big step up the way the D did this year. Butch seems to get them to play hard for him.
How many wins do you see for us next year?

I think next year is hard to predict for exactly the same reasons as this year, offense. You have a new QB and largely the same under preforming line. That said our defense will be young but will have even more talent. We may be one of the most talented defenses in all of the sec. I'm not sure though they can will us to victory past a stale offense though.

VN Store

Back