The Wild Pig

Vol Revolver

I think this was a nice package when we ran it a couple years ago. Pig, Scott and Hurd in the backfield could give us the potential to confuse an aggressive Ole Miss D. Pig can also throw the ball a little. Maybe the a couple Run pass option plays could net us some yards.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: 2 people
I think that since we have no chance of blocking their defensive line we should take them out of it by lining up with major offensive line splits and run swing passes, screens and quick slants most of the game. Keep the stength of our team at the edge of the field and spread out that defense.

Reactions: 5 people
I was liking the "wild Hurd" that we were running during the Georgia game. We were actually having success running the ball out of that package

I was liking the "wild Hurd" that we were running during the Georgia game. We were actually having success running the ball out of that package

Yeah that's what got me thinking about it. I like pigs elusiveness. Pig running the read option with Hurd And Scott has some potential I think.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm starting to think we just make our defensive line play on both sides of the ball. Give em a water break on special teams and send em right back out there. You know they will be aggressive and at least attempt to get in front on somebody! GO VOLS!!!

I'm starting to think we just make our defensive line play on both sides of the ball. Give em a water break on special teams and send em right back out there. You know they will be aggressive and at least attempt to get in front on somebody! GO VOLS!!!

Can't you just imagine AJ putting down every offensive lineman with a pancake block

Yeah, I'm sure our highly paid offensive coordinator has never thought about using that play. Why don't you put this in his suggestion box?

if they wildcat I hope they are all on same page and know snap count. It will be interesting how the offense is called. Hope they go crazy with it and shock em out of their socks

Yeah, I'm sure our highly paid offensive coordinator has never thought about using that play. Why don't you put this in his suggestion box?

Lol!

I'm sure he his scouring Vol Nation looking for ideas on how to slow that Ole Miss D. Lol

Wouldn't that be crazy if we see that formation tomorrow night?

if they wildcat I hope they are all on same page and know snap count. It will be interesting how the offense is called. Hope they go crazy with it and shock em out of their socks

Yep.

I bet we see a few new things tomorrow night.

Hell, why not? Might as well opener on up and see what she's got. This offense needs some kind of kick in the ass, that's for sure.

Maybe the Wild Berry

or put Pig and the Berrys in...and we could play with our Pig and Berrys (or is it Berries?)

Reactions: 1 person
Seems like I saw a UK TE work us over a few years back using this formation on us in surprise. I don't get it as most teams about 80% of the time the QB keeps the ball, just smear that guy every play.

I think that since we have no chance of blocking their defensive line we should take them out of it by lining up with major offensive line splits and run swing passes, screens and quick slants most of the game. Keep the stength of our team at the edge of the field and spread out that defense.

Interesting you mention changing the line splits. I remember that was part of UT gameplan vs Florida in 92. Their pass rush was supposed to be so awesome, so Fulmer used this to offset that perceived advantage. It allowed us to execute Lots of screens and draws that day

Seems like I saw a UK TE work us over a few years back using this formation on us in surprise. I don't get it as most teams about 80% of the time the QB keeps the ball, just smear that guy every play.

All 10 points against the worst defense in the SEC. I'll pass.

But our offensive guru probably did not want to get up this morning for work. How he's got some shizzle ready.

VN Store

Back