If you could...

themoodystwo

VOLS BY FIDDY
create your own tennessee team using any player that has ever played for the vols what would your team look like. Both offense and defense. Could you image what other football teams and the sports world would say. We have had some very legendary talent play on this field we call neyland stadium.

create your own tennessee team using any player that has ever played for the vols what would your team look like. Both offense and defense. Could you image what other football teams and the sports world would say. We have had some very legendary talent play on this field we call neyland stadium.

The field is Shields Watkins, and the stadium around it Neyland Stadium. But your excitement is awesome. Go Vols!!

Reactions: 3 people

Manning on the 90/91 team with Travis Stevens and Amsler behind him on offense(the entire 1990 line) written at TE
Manning throwing to Pickens Harper and Witten would be gold!

I'll take the 98 defense and add Daryl Hardy and Shazon Bradley and Reggie White

I'm good

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Manning on the 90/91 team with Travis Stevens and Amsler behind him on offense(the entire 1990 line) written at TE
Manning throwing to Pickens Harper and Witten would be gold!

I'll take the 98 defense and add Daryl Hardy and Shazon Bradley and Reggie White

I'm good

Charlie Garner and pre injury Jamal Lewis and Chuck Webb. That would be amazing.

Names you'll see on most lists:
Manning
Gault
Berry
Hickman
Hanesworth
Wilson
Price
& some deranged folks will say Foster too.

Last edited:
Names you'll see on most lists:
Manning
Gault
Berry
Hickman
Wilson
Price
& some deranged folks will say Foster too.

These names should be before Foster:

Cobb
Webb
Garner
Stewart
Lewis
Stephens
Henry

That's just of the top of my head

To be honest, & I've caught crap for this before, but I take nearly anyone over Foster. I know, I know, but that's just my opinion. Also, I hate the Texans so there is no great scheme here.

Oh lawd the glory days thread.

current offense

QB- Brent Shaffer
RB- Hardesty/Creer
TE/HB- C. Brown
2005's o-line
WR- D. Rogers, Hunter
Slot- Patterson/ Lucas Taylor
WR- R. Meachem, D. Moore

4-2-5 Defense (multiple)

SDE- Malik Jackson/ Gerald Williams
NT- Dan Williams
DT- Justin Harrell
DE- Turk McBride
OLB- Omar Gaither
MLB- Jerod Mayo
NB- Eric Berry
CB- Cam Sutton
CB- Brent Vinson
FS- Janzen Jackson
SS- D. Morely

Reactions: 2 people
HC: Fulmer
OC: ???
DC: Neyland

Offense: IForm (With twins to one side, Slot, Weak, and Strong) primarily with Shotgun (5Wide and 4 Wide) and Big (Tight and Normal) tacked on for special situations.

QB1: Peyton Manning
QB2a: Heath Shuler
QB2b: Bobby Dodd
HB1: Johnny Majors (could also pull off one hell of a HB passing option! Line up in Wildcat for awesome trick plays)
HB2: ???
FB: Jalen Hurd (Plays HB now but would be a godly dual threat death combo with Majors, who put up great numbers)
TE1: Jason Witten
TE2: Ethan Wolf 3 years from now
WR Corps: what we have now with 2 more years of development
No idea what OLine to use

Defense: 4-3 primary with situational 5-2 (since Neyland probably used 5-2 as primary scheme)
No idea on who to use except
S: Eric Berry
CB: Cam Sutton when he's a SR.

Agree with many named here, but I would like to see Dale Jones and Jackie Walker at LB along with Al Wilson.

current offense

QB- Brent Shaffer
RB- Hardesty/Creer
TE/HB- C. Brown
2005's o-line
WR- D. Rogers, Hunter
Slot- Patterson/ Lucas Taylor
WR- R. Meachem, D. Moore

4-2-5 Defense (multiple)

SDE- Malik Jackson/ Gerald Williams
NT- Dan Williams
DT- Justin Harrell
DE- Turk McBride
OLB- Omar Gaither
MLB- Jerod Mayo
NB- Eric Berry
CB- Cam Sutton
CB- Brent Vinson
FS- Janzen Jackson
SS- D. Morely

Interesting take on this, I like it, that personel would fit beautifully with this scheme IMO.

Only 2 things I would switch is rather than Creer I would have Travis Stephens with Hardesty because of his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield as well as switch Brent Vinson with Jason Allen or Dwayne Goodrich.

Casey Clausen
Lamarcus Coker
Al Wilson
Peerless price
Eric berry
Ryan Karl
John Henderson
Cordarrelle Patterson
Chad Clifton
Jason Witten
Todd Kelly jr
Cam sutton
Jamal Lewis
Deon Grant
Darwin walker
Leonard little
Jujuan James
Jason Allen
Reggie white
Raynoch Thompson
Zach Fulton

Even for his era, Jackie Walker was amazingly light for a linebacker. However, he more than compensated with his speed and by hitting like a sledge hammer. If we were compiling this team to play in today's game, I would move him to safety, which was the intention of the 49ers when they drafted him, and I would fully anticipate him having a Ronnie Lott-like impact. Dale Jones was a great Volunteer, but I would unhesitatingly take Steve Kiner ahead of him.

My defense
DE Reggie White
DT Albert Haynsworth
DT Kahlil Mckenzie
DE Leonard Little

LB Jerod Mayo
LB Al Wilson
LB Raynoch Thompson

CB Cam Sutton
S Eric Berry
S Deon Grant