My fear for Worley with our O-line

VolsnRavens

I have to agree with what I'm reading on here that our O-line does not seem to be progressing. I feel sorry for Worley as he has continually stood up for them. I wonder if they've moved one of the cold tubs to his room.

Attachments

• Ole Miss.jpg
    Ole Miss.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: 1 person
We don't have much choice about the young OL so get them battle hardened for the future. Jail break sacks just make Worley look even slower.

Confidence breeds success. Do you think Worley telling them that they suck would make them better. If Worley told them they suck he better get ready for a ton of sacks, cause they will be letting defenders slide through like hot butter. These guys need to hear positive things to help them progress.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't hold onto the ball forever. Nothing there, throw it away. Geesh!

Have you seen how fast the D is in Worley's face? He barely has time to complete his 3 step drop. While yes, he occasionally has held on too long, the majority of the time it is the line's fault.

Also, I remember this board badmouthing Ainge for throwing it away so quickly in 2007. Fans don't always know more.

OMG! really! another OL thread........come on Freak! delete this trash, this subject is played out and someone got nothing else to do but post this kind of stuff. OK OK OK, the OL has work to do........WE GET IT!!!

I have to agree with what I'm reading on here that our O-line does not seem to be progressing. I feel sorry for Worley as he has continually stood up for them. I wonder if they've moved one of the cold tubs to his room.

Don't need to read it on here, just watch the games.

I can't remember seeing a UT QB take this much punishment still with a half season to go. You got that right about the cold tubs. May need a chiropractor before this is over. :whistling: :crossfingers:

GO VOLS!

Can't hold onto the ball forever. Nothing there, throw it away. Geesh!

Yeah, asking for 2-2.5 seconds to scan the field, go through a progression or 2 and throw the ball is too much to ask. How about Hurd and Lane, is it on them too for not gaining more yards on the ground?

I've seen improvement. I've watched the utc game several times focusing on the line. I especially thought our lt did a much better job with his footwork. He is much better suited for a guard, but he is learning about how to counter the speed rusher. He just pushes him deeper to the back edge of the pocket. The positioning also helps in case the speed rusher decides to spin and try to go underneath. In The earlier games he would try to race to cut him off leaving him vulnerable underneath. Those always cause the most damaging results in the sack, via fumble or kill shot. Some blame of sacks in the earlier games was on Worley. He retreated back in the pocket instead of stepping up to help his ots out a lil. I noticed Worley did a better job of pocket awareness in the game. I was so pleased to see him run for a few yards on covered passes. We also threw several designed rollout passes.

Not this again. Yes, the OL is bad. And, yes, the problem is compounded because Worley can't run. If he were mobile, he could at least scramble sometimes and make 5, 10 or more yards, like more than half the QBs in American. Because he can't, he gets sacked or makes a bad pass.

They will end when they stop giving up 6 sacks to FCS schools

We gave up 5 in that game. Two appeared to be busted plays. The back went the wrong way on a run play and it appeared a wr ran the wrong route on a quick pass. We did play a lot of backups as well. If you would watch the game, you would have seen improvement.

Confidence breeds success. Do you think Worley telling them that they suck would make them better. If Worley told them they suck he better get ready for a ton of sacks, cause they will be letting defenders slide through like hot butter. These guys need to hear positive things to help them progress.

They're already letting defenders slide through like hot butter. If I was an o-lineman and wanted to hear something positive, I'd start by blocking someone.

Don't need to read it on here, just watch the games.

I can't remember seeing a UT QB take this much punishment still with a half season to go. You got that right about the cold tubs. May need a chiropractor before this is over. :whistling: :crossfingers:

GO VOLS!

You must not remember Matt Simms. Dooley's first season.

In other news: I just evacuated the room with a magnificent methane deposit.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back