OT: What we need to be teaching our athletes

CannonVol80

I'll start by saying I was not sure which forum to post this in, so if the mods feel it is more appropriate in another location, I will not be offended by its being moved.

Utah coach suspends entire football team to build character

This report is over a year old, but this is the first I've seen of it. I am surprised that it did not make national headlines. Or, if it did, how I missed it!

Having now seen it, and given the reports lately about the actions of a number of our collegiate and professional athletes I think it is particularly relevant and I can only say that I wish more high school coaches were willing to take this kind of stand.

Jim

I'll start by saying I was not sure which forum to post this in, so if the mods feel it is more appropriate in another location, I will not be offended by its being moved.

Utah coach suspends entire football team to build character

This report is over a year old, but this is the first I've seen of it. I am surprised that it did not make national headlines. Or, if it did, how I missed it!

Having now seen it, and given the reports lately about the actions of a number of our collegiate and professional athletes I think it is particularly relevant and I can only say that I wish more high school coaches were willing to take this kind of stand.

Jim

To bad Jimbo values jameis over tradition, integrity, and credibility.

How anyone even casually viewing the activities of certain college and professional athletes and not be alarmed is beyond me.

If you're a father, and you understand how impressionable young people can be (including your children), you desire higher standards role models for your kids. What we need are more:

Peyton Manning, RG3, Drew Breise, Mike Singleterry, types...

What we don't need are:

A Peterson, idiot QBs at Florida State, Aaron Hernandez, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Here's an interesting link from E$PN....(about opting for talent over character)

NFL draft -- Teams miss on character, not talent - ESPN

VN Store

Back