UGA vacate UT win

shun10

I started thinking about why does Georgia not have to vacate the Tennessee win if it is found true that Gurley took money for his autograph because the player would be found to have become ineligible correct? The reason why he isn't playing now is for that very reason if he is found out now and continuing to play UGA would have to vacate wins.

I know Michigan 92-93 basketball team had to vacate championship after Webber was found out and USC after Bush was found out. I want UT to have basically a 4th win this season and become bowl eligible and if this gets us one step closer then I'll take the win however I can get it. GO Vols

Last edited:
I started thinking about why does Georgia not have to vacate the Tennessee win if it is found true that Gurley took money for his autograph because the player would be found to have become ineligible correct? The reason why he isn't playing now is for that very reason if he is found out now and continuing to play UGA would have to vacate wins.

I know Michigan 92-93 basketball team had to vacate championship after Webber was found out and USC after Bush was found out. I want UT to have basically a 4th win this season and become bowl eligible and if this gets us one step closer then I'll take the win however I can get it. GO Vols

UGA vacating does NOT give win to Tennessee. Sorry.

Reactions: 6 people
Would you really want a win that way? Plus it's not like they discovered him receiving boatloads of cash and cars. The kid signed a few autographs.

Reactions: 9 people
Would you really want a win that way? Plus it's not like they discovered him receiving boatloads of cash and cars. The kid signed a few autographs.

I don't care what he did. He did it for whatever reasons. I just want to know why isn't it being looked at for the teams that UGA has faced this yr and Gurley played in those games. A win is a win and I'll take it Gurley was the factor why we lost the UGA game if he hadn't rushed for 149 yds I doubt UT would have lost.

I don't care what he did. He did it for whatever reasons. I just want to know why isn't it being looked at for the teams that UGA has faced this yr and Gurley played in those games. A win is a win and I'll take it Gurley was the factor why we lost the UGA game if he hadn't rushed for 149 yds I doubt UT would have lost.

It was over 200 yards chap.

Should UT vacate wins for its players took money?

Reactions: 2 people
It was over 200 yards chap.

Should UT vacate wins for its players took money?

When is a point and time where UT players were found to have received benefits? Couch got in trouble last yr or yr before last but I think UT shut him down for the rest of the yr. I don't recall if he had played in any games that yr because he was injured. Other than that don't remember any other cases in recent yrs.

If a player isn't eligible and shouldn't be on the field then they shouldn't be on the field. I know this came out after the UGA loss but again Gurley was the determining factor in that game. He is not just a guy out there he was the leading Heisman candidate at the time. All I am simply asking and wanting to know is what is the process and if it benefits UT why isn't it being brought up. Its not like its yrs later that this is found out it was found out during the season. When A.J. Green got in trouble it was before the season started but UGA sat him for like 3 games after he was cleared for his infraction he was once again able to play. There is a reason schools don't play the ineligible player and I am just inquiring why isn't it being questioned.

If a player isn't eligible and shouldn't be on the field then they shouldn't be on the field. I know this came out after the UGA loss but again Gurley was the determining factor in that game. He is not just a guy out there he was the leading Heisman candidate at the time. All I am simply asking and wanting to know is what is the process and if it benefits UT why isn't it being brought up. Its not like its yrs later that this is found out it was found out during the season. When A.J. Green got in trouble it was before the season started but UGA sat him for like 3 games after he was cleared for his infraction he was once again able to play. There is a reason schools don't play the ineligible player and I am just inquiring why isn't it being questioned.
It doesn't benefit us it only hurts Georgia. No one they have played and beaten would get any benefit. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think in basketball there have been teams win the championship and then have to forfeit all their wins. It just ends up being there is no champion that year. I don't know the exact wording of the rules from the NCAA but no we would have nothing to gain from it.

Reactions: 1 person
If they played an ineligible player, then they violated NCAA rules and penalties apply. If they forfeit those games, then their opponents get a win. What if a team won on the last play with more than 11 players? Should they still win because they did it on the field? Ask Dooley about that.
If it makes no difference regarding a player's eligibility on who wins a game, then let's go get Peyton Manning to play QB every Saturday.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back