Did CBJ do much better than CDD?

jkleno

In 2012, CDD did not sign a single O-Lineman out of 22 players. However, CBJ only signed 4 O-lineman in 2014 out of 32 players knowing he had to replace an entire O-Line.
(Blair, Mosley, RR, Thomas). I am in no way doubting the recruiting effort and talent of CBJ, but I would think we needed a few more O-lineman.

Reactions: 3 people
Well 4>0

Who else should be have signed? Should we have added bodies just to do it?

Reactions: 6 people
Clearly, given the results, he should have recruited better players or more experienced JUCO guys for the position. Or hired a better O-Line coach. Or perhaps all 3.

Reactions: 8 people
Jones needed all 2014 players to provide depth to all positions.

DT, DE, LB, S, CB, TE, etc. CB and S were huge issues. Look at both now. TKJr and Moseley are playing quite a bit. Often times, not hearing a CBs name is a very good thing. Barnett playing well at DE. Weatherd at LB. Etc. Wolf/Helm at TE.

We didn't sign any QBs just to open room.

So while OL was a huge need, we pretty much hemmed up depth issues with just about most if not all position groups with 2014. And I think the staff were hoping that the 3 OL in the 2013 class (Weisman, Kendrick, Sanders) would be worth half a damn but they aren't.

Reactions: 2 people
Well 4>0

We should have signed that ogre that they show on TV every ****ing time arky is on TV. I kidd bc I hate that kid based on nothing but the fact he is on TV every time arky is on.

Last edited:
Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Reactions: 14 people
Well 4>0

This pretty much. You have two options bring in true freshmen, very few of which will be able to start and fare well right away. Or go the JUCO route which good linemen are in high demand and short supply there.

It's not a problem that can be fixed right away with just wasting spots on "bodies" to fill out our numbers. We did take possibly five offensive linemen last year if Moseley projects to Oline.

Clearly, given the results, he should have recruited better players or more experienced JUCO guys for the position. Or hired a better O-Line coach. Or perhaps all 3.

You are unbelievable. I am convinced that you are a troll. I find it odd that no one has punched you in the throat by now.

Reactions: 8 people
We did recruit Orlando Brown who flipped to OK because of grades. If he was here, I am convinced Blair would be playing right now.

Reactions: 1 person
no one should question butchs recruiting,you can only fill so many holes at once
hes better than kiffen and company,the recruiting celebration is going to be really
good this year

Reactions: 3 people
Jones needed all 2014 players to provide depth to all positions.

DT, DE, LB, S, CB, TE, etc. CB and S were huge issues. Look at both now. TKJr and Moseley are playing quite a bit. Often times, not hearing a CBs name is a very good thing. Barnett playing well at DE. Weatherd at LB. Etc. Wolf/Helm at TE.

We didn't sign any QBs just to open room.

So while OL was a huge need, we pretty much hemmed up depth issues with just about most if not all position groups with 2014. And I think the staff were hoping that the 3 OL in the 2013 class (Weisman, Kendrick, Sanders) would be worth half a damn but they aren't.

That had to have factored into it greatly. Originally, Robertson was signed as a DL. I hope the new class of 2015 O-lineman are ready to roll immediately. Robertson looks good for being so inexperienced. Not sure why Blair isn't ready to go and not sure if he will be ready in 2015 if we wasn't ready this year. Mosley had some potential.

In 2012, CDD did not sign a single O-Lineman out of 22 players. However, CBJ only signed 4 O-lineman in 2014 out of 32 players knowing he had to replace an entire O-Line.
(Blair, Mosley, RR, Thomas). I am in no way doubting the recruiting effort and talent of CBJ, but I would think we needed a few more O-lineman.

This sure has the stink of an offseason thread.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back