Is Our 2015 Starting Q-Back Even On the 2014 Team?

kxtop

Is our quarterback for 2015 even currently on this team, will it be a great new freshman or Juco? Who is even out there?

5yCnOqr.gif

or Peterman. Jmo

Reactions: 12 people
If so it's Peterman, if not it's Dormady. Don't see Dobbs beating Peterman out and who knows what Dormady can do till he gets here..

Reactions: 2 people
There's a reason Peterman is #2 right now. When #1 leaves, generally the #2 guy moves into the #1 spot. Just saying.

There's a reason Peterman is #2 right now. When #1 leaves, generally the #2 guy moves into the #1 spot. Just saying.

No offense but Dobbs is being Red Shirted for a reason as well.. That could help explain Peterman being #2 guy.

Reactions: 7 people
Is our quarterback for 2015 even currently on this team, will it be a great new freshman or Juco? Who is even out there?

More importantly, is our 2017 starting QB on the team yet? Who is this man of mystery? Is he out there???

Attachments

• man_of_mystery.jpg
    man_of_mystery.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 370
Reactions: 1 person
No offense but Dobbs is being Red Shirted for a reason as well.. That could help explain Peterman being #2 guy.

He is being redshirted because he couldn't beat out Peterman or Worley. He was fourth string last yr for a reason. I guarantee they aren't redshirting him to save him for 3 yrs. He is tiny and needs to mature and add size, nothing to do with him already being the starter next yr.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
He is being redshirted because he couldn't beat out Peterman or Worley. He was fourth string last yr for a reason. I guarantee they aren't redshirting him to save him for 33 yrs.

So you're saying he might be starting QB in 2047?

Dobbs, Peterman, Dormady and Jennings will all battle it out for the starting job next year. It's hard to say who will win the job right now.

Peterman has the potential to make a good starting QB. He needs to mature and learn to run thru is reads quicker but I think if he shows improvement in certain areas he could be effective. He has the arm and feet to be very good. He has to get there mentally.

Dobbs just needs reps. He can be effective as well if he continues to progress. He needs to work on his accuracy, he has plenty of arm to make all the throws. He and peterman have similar athleticism. Dobbs might be more mentally ready to start.

Dormady is running a similar offense at his high school. With his father being the coach, I'm sure CBJ has given him things to work on and certain plays to run and perfect. Really just depends on how physically ready he is to come and play at this level and how quickly can he adjust to the speed of SEC ball.

Jennings is the wild card/dark horse in the race. All I know about him is that he is the best athlete of the four and has a decent arm as well. We will just have to wait until he gets to campus to see what we have with this kid.

This is all JMO of course.

Last edited:

This has actually crossed my mind too. We will find out soon enough. I actually think Peterman will be fine once he starts getting some reps. I don't care as long as we win.

We better pray that Peterman or Dobbs can handle the duties. If they can be at least pretty good then we could have a 9-3 season next year. I really think that Peterman can do the job. He just needs to play and then the game will slow down for him and he will make quicker reads.

If Jennings is running this offense as a rs freshman in '16, we will play for the SEC championship. With our wr's, TE's, improved OL, talent at rb and improved gameplanning/playcalling, he could be nasty and would open up this offense greatly with his athletic ability and ability to flick the ball @ 60 yards without much effort.

Peterman is likely the answer, even though he is the answer no one wants to hear. Josh Dobbs has never beaten out Peterman this year or last year.

Dormady is coming in as an early enrollee and does have the offense being implemented at his high school so maybe he will be a little more prepared than your average true freshman.

If Jennings is running this offense as a rs freshman in '16, we will play for the SEC championship. With our wr's, TE's, improved OL, talent at rb and improved gameplanning/playcalling, he could be nasty and would open up this offense greatly with his athletic ability and ability to flick the ball @ 60 yards without much effort.

I like Jennings but I think Dormady maybe the most athletic QB to step onto campus in a while.

Uh no...the coaching staff has already stated that their intention is to redshirt Dobbs. They can't redshirt the guy that they have listed as #2.

Peterman is likely the answer, even though he is the answer no one wants to hear. Josh Dobbs has never beaten out Peterman this year or last year.

Dormady is coming in as an early enrollee and does have the offense being implemented at his high school so maybe he will be a little more prepared than your average true freshman.

Do you listen to the press conferences or read anything about the team? CBJ has said numerous times that they want to RS Dobbs. It was never the intention for him to play this year. He should've RS last year, but the $hit hit the fan.

I like Jennings but I think Dormady maybe the most athletic QB to step onto campus in a while.

I haven't seen him enough. Plus, I've been able to see Jennings in person and I'm a little biased.

I picture him even this year with a bad OL and he'd have 75-80 yards rushing on scrambles, draws, and keeps on the zone non read unless we are playing fcs schools qb runs.
Jennings scores 3 tds vs fla on runs if in the same field position, as a sr in hs. Worley could've had 2.

VN Store

Back