The Real Key to Ole Miss

OrangeByBirth

Old time Vol
Much is being discussed regarding Worley, running backs, OL, defense, coaches, etc. All of those are important but I'm convinced THE key to winning against Ole Miss rests in their QB, Bo Wallace. He has seemed very inconsistent in the past but has not failed once this year ... yet. Ole Miss will win or lose on the back of Wallace. If he is not sharp, the BIG ORANGE have a genuine chance. If he is on his game, it will be a steep battle to overcome.

Reactions: 2 people
The real key is flashing the cash, on critical downs. They ran to Ole Mi$$ for straight money. Maybe holding up a bag of bills can distract them the same way, during the game. :)

tumblr_nd75bibwOR1qkqjvho1_1280.png

Reactions: 2 people
. We will also have to battle the refs. I imagine the powers that be want to protect the undefeated at this point.
Bo forces a lot of throws. I think Bama and tam had about 6 right in the hands of defenders but were dropped. A couple would of been pick sixes. I think if we slow em down from running, including Bo, we win. He didn't need to throw much vs tam, their lbs were slow as well as their front so rushing kept them ahead of the chains. I think Aj will put a few bruises on Bo. I also think we will get a few ints. The question will be if we can be patient on offense and Worley has a good game. There are holes in their zones, you just gotta take what they give you and drive the length of the field. We won't get much after the catch. They wait for the big mistake, or wait till you get behind and force you to get greedy. If they get up on us by 17 it will get ugly. Then they make you look bad because they only give you short stuff and the front 4 don't honor the run at all. If you throw it deep at that point you will usually have double coverage deep. Very interesting defensive scheme. It's like a 3-4-4 and 4-2-5 vs our formations. They don't blitz very much but they dance in and out a few times like they will but mostly only rush 4 or 3 dl. Replay the YouTube video of tam/ole miss if you want to see what they do vs our offense and I suggest the Bama/ole miss game if you want to see what their offense looks like vs fast front 7 and good secondary. IMO this game will be very close.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
. We will also have to battle the refs. I imagine the powers that be want to protect the undefeated at this point.
Bo forces a lot of throws. I think Bama and tam had about 6 right in the hands of defenders but were dropped. A couple would of been pick sixes. I think if we slow em down from running, including Bo, we win. He didn't need to throw much vs tam, their lbs were slow as well as their front so rushing kept them ahead of the chains. I think Aj will put a few bruises on Bo. I also think we will get a few ints. The question will be if we can be patient on offense and Worley has a good game. There are holes in their zones, you just gotta take what they give you and drive the length of the field. We won't get much after the catch. They wait for the big mistake, or wait till you get behind and force you to get greedy. If they get up on us by 17 it will get ugly. Then they make you look bad because they only give you short stuff and the front 4 don't honor the run at all. If you throw it deep at that point you will usually have double coverage deep. Very interesting defensive scheme. It's like a 3-4-4 and 4-2-5 vs our formations. They don't blitz very much but they dance in and out a few times like they will but mostly only rush 4 or 3 dl. Replay the YouTube video of tam/ole miss if you want to see what they do vs our offense and I suggest the Bama/ole miss game if you want to see what their offense looks like vs fast front 7 and good secondary. IMO this game will be very close.

We need our Defense to score points..a lot of points..

Reactions: 5 people
I think Bo will get frustrated with ouf corners but in the overall outcome shouldnt matter.

They will struggle to score and run the ball, but their WR's are ridiculous. I firmly believe Cam Sutton is one of the 3 best corners in the country, but he's got a ridiculous task the next two weeks. Treadwell is one of the best around and is a physical nightmare, then Amari Cooper rolls in, and he's the best in the country.

Cam will either showcase that he's the best around, or we will finally see him against someone his own match. it will likely be the second but who knows.

Anyway, as we saw against florida, if your OL gets completely dominated it makes everything else you try to do almost impossible. I fear Ole Miss will not only dominate up front, but they are better beyond that than UF was.

Scary game. All that being said, they don't play them on paper.

Ole Miss might not be ready for prime time and our Vols are the team to expose them!

Reactions: 1 person
Keeping Wolrey upright and getting some help from Ole Miss. I like the money idea also. May slow that pass rush down if you dangle some bills out there on a stick before the snap..

Reactions: 1 person
Much is being discussed regarding Worley, running backs, OL, defense, coaches, etc. All of those are important but I'm convinced THE key to winning against Ole Miss rests in their QB, Bo Wallace. He has seemed very inconsistent in the past but has not failed once this year ... yet. Ole Miss will win or lose on the back of Wallace. If he is not sharp, the BIG ORANGE have a genuine chance. If he is on his game, it will be a steep battle to overcome.

"THE key" to winning against Ole Miss rests in our O-line play (just as it does in every remaining game). Our defense is good, but not good enough to win in spite of our offense. Ole Miss' defense, on the other hand, IS good enough to win in spite of their offense. If our O-line plays poorly, we lose, regardless of what Bo Wallace does. If our O-line plays well, we have a chance. Ole Miss is legit.

keys to win....
1. three step drop passes (ONLY)
2. ok performance by O-line
3. Evan Berry returning KOs
4. Defense plays like they have been all year.

Maybe you can talk your avatar into giving Ole Miss some flashes in the sideline.

As we know our O-Line is going to struggle, but its the defense scoring that will tip the game. If that doesn't happen then it will be a long day, but its going to be fun to watch our guys play hard.

Sadly, the refs stand a good chance on determining this outcome. Holding, offensive vs. defensive, and pass interference, offensive vs. defensive, both, are game-changing calls. The "protecting the undefeated" is part of this new play-off culture; there's so damn much money potential and some of these guys (can you say Hubert Owens... Alama Matthews...) that just plain hate the Vols. They've proven it in past games.

"Bad Bo" will be the result of A.J. & Co. flying around playing ball-hawking defense out of their collective minds. Book it!!!

Really bad Bo has been there all year. I don't know why they are saying he has not. Several of his throws a game are forced throws. Bama and tam dropped probably 6 ints total, and a couple would have been pick sixes. We will get our share of passes right in our defensive hands, we just need to catch those and get some return on it. Two pick sixes would be nice.

Really bad Bo has been there all year. I don't know why they are saying he has not. Several of his throws a game are forced throws. Bama and tam dropped probably 6 ints total, and a couple would have been pick sixes. We will get our share of passes right in our defensive hands, we just need to catch those and get some return on it. Two pick sixes would be nice.

Hope bad Bo has some left over for us.... kinda like your avatar, lord have mercy, and thank you, roddo. GO VOLS!!!

Score more points, duh!

The key to this game is the key to every game we play; win the turnover battle and score more points off turnovers.

Hopefully it comes a downpour. Then maybe they can't tackle our elusive QB when he scrambles.

The key to winning is the o-line must play their best game of the year, and Wallace throws a couple of pick sixes.

VN Store

Back