Is money and greed the reason for all the bad officiating in college football

Batman1948

Gonna fix all the leaks in this place
I'm not just talking about officiating in the SEC. It's going on every week, in all conference games.

Is it possible, undefeated teams in the five power conferences will be protected as the season moves forward? Big money awaits the four teams making the playoff.

It will be interesting to see how many missed calls benefit certain teams in the top 10 going forward.

Whenever humans are involved errors and flaws follow. The big games just draw more criticism and press.

My dad always says take the refs off TV when they make calls and the nonsense will stop. I do partially believe this, but its actually the non calls that have killed us this year. Keep in mind, its a tougher job than most of us on here could imagine. I know the DVR makes being a ref easy. They have real speed real life decisions to make. We are not the only team that gets screwed, it just feels that way as a Vol fan.

The reason officiating is not what it might be is these guys are part time. They all have day jobs to make a living. So you start with a pool of fellows who do this as a hobby, a serious hobby but not their livelihood. But no to any conspiracy theories. And no they are not intentionally helping anyone win. They are doing the best job they can and like us all make some mistakes. There may be some of the "Ted Williams call" stuff going on at times on a subconscious level but even if so its most likely corrected by replay. The "Ted Williams call" was the contention that because Ted Williams was such a great hitter umpires seldom called him out on strikes on a marginal pitch. So Amari Cooper probably gets the benefit of the doubt on marginal calls. As a sports fan I say he and Ted earned it.

The SEC has always protected their "babies". Always. To deny this is delusional and irresponsible.

3449330-tumblr_loq5o7rd4n1qzl8s1o1_400.gif

They definitely have their....favorites, to put it charitably.

Attachments

• Sopranos_02.jpg
    Sopranos_02.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 person
I am just grateful that Refs don't have any friends or family members that bet. ?

I think they do tend to make calls for the teams who are currently hot, but overall, it's mainly that SEC refs are completely inept.

Whenever humans are involved errors and flaws follow. The big games just draw more criticism and press.

I still say that the calls are the same as they've always been. It's just the camera angles are better.

Reactions: 1 person
I still say that the calls are the same as they've always been. It's just the camera angles are better.

I totally agree. Before the jumbo tron you just booed and moved on. Now you watch the replay 17 times and discuss it for a week.

VN Store

Back