What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Ole Miss Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Sorry I didn't do one of these last week for UTC. They really didn't have much of a board, and what little I found was mostly conference discussion. Anyways, moving on, I'm gonna be honest about this one, they have a lot of boards and there is very little discussion regarding our game this Saturday. The majority of their boards consist of Mississippi State hate and the Texas A&M game. Regardless, there has been a fair enough amount of UT talk to get some material. Here's what the Ole Miss faithful are saying:

-The first thread I read discussing our game was regarding the opening line where Ole Miss was a 18.5 favorite. The first post said "our line is waayyyyyyy too high. UT is better than that."

-I've been pleasantly surprised at the opening talk regarding this game. I've seen several "if we can make it by UT" kind of talk. They seem pretty humble about where they are.

-They definitely are making several excuses about the Memphis game, saying it was a trap game and that's why it wasn't a blowout.

-Kind of funny, since the Bama win they've been making fun of Lane Kiffin getting "shellshocked" every time he sees Ole Miss, referencing the '09 UT-Ole Miss game.

-They are really pushing for a shutout in this one. They think their defense is getting overhyped and needs to show up big Saturday to make a statement.

-Makes me sick every time I see this, but a UT poster came on their board with his tail tucked between his legs and said:
Congrats on the Bama win! And take it easy on us next week, I'm making my first trip to Oxford and I'm pretty excited about. See you guys next week!

...... good grief man. What's sad is an Ole Miss fan had to dispute him, saying we are a team that plays hard and doesn't quit, and this could very well be an upset.

-Analysis of our team:
Tennesse has a top ten pass defense nationally.
Middle of the road rush defense.
Top 25 defense overall.

Horrible rushing game around 110th nationally, but then again we can't talk much in that category.
Middle of the road receiving...however, this one really caught my eye.

We have 4 WRs (Engram included there) with more yards than their leading WR North. They do have some "physical mismatches" however in that North is 6'4 big frame and Croom from Norcross GA is a big boy at 6'5 230ish vs our shorter DBs in Hilton and Golson.

Based on 1 game of theirs I watched for the most part, Hurd their RB is a thick bruiser that can cut. Runs like a more matured Wilkins IMO.

-General opinions are that we won't move the ball

-They all agree it will be a bad day for our O-line

-General score predictions have them winning by 10-14, with us not scoring a lot. Around 20-6 generally speaking.

-They believe their weak point is on their O-line and our Linebackers have the potential for a big day.

-Saw a prediction thread with several posters saying they are "too nervous about this one" to try to make a prediction.

-Apparently they still hold a grudge over something that happened with UT/Ole Miss a long time ago. Something about Peyton not going there, and UT fans wearing "Archie Who?" buttons. Looks like the story is told in the "Ole Miss hates us" thread here on VN.

-They believe they have best WR corp we have faced or will face this season.

-They seem to have a lot of respect for Worley but they think this will be his worst game. They are saying they rarely/never rush 3, usually 4 or 5, and they consider their entire front 7 to be future NFL'ers.

-They really don't like the "Bo and Bad Bo" talk. Seems to sent them all on a rant.

-I learned on their board that the all-time record is 44-19 UT, pretty lopsided.

All-in-all they seem like a pretty solid fanbase. We deal with the likes of Vandy, Bama, and Florida fans so it's nice to see a competent fanbase that knows what they are talking about. I didn't really see anything regarding their opinion of this game that was disputable. They certainly aren't overlooking us, and they see this game as another hump they have to get over. Hopefully we'll put a stop their success. GBO!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 53 people
Keep it close going into the 4th quarter then see what happens. If we can do that I like our chances. If we get down early against their defense where they can pin their ears back we are in trouble. More accurately JW is in BIG trouble.

GBO

Reactions: 7 people
The hell with ole piss. VOLS will give them a fit. And I hope and pray we wax their a$$ where there's a will there's a way. #GBO!! !!!!!!!

UT wins a nail biter 23-17.

I have a feeling this will be our statement game.

Our D is going to show up in a big way.

IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
This defense of theirs might be one of the greatest SEC defenses of all time.

Uhhhhh.... no. They are a fantastic defense but there have been some really great defenses in the SEC. definitely one of, if not the best defense this year though.

Reactions: 6 people
I think ole miss is ranked 13th nationally in total defense. We are ranked so much further back at 16th according to the updated rankings.

Reactions: 5 people
UT wins a nail biter 23-17.

I have a feeling this will be our statement game.

Our is going to show up in a big way.

IMO

wow, that's stepping up! I disagree, but I'd like to compliment you on, not just predicting the win, but following up with a score! What's your score prediction by half? What do you believe will be our keys to this victory?

We've given up 23 sacks through 6 games. With the defense they have, Mississippi fans can afford to be cordial. They know what will probably happen on Saturday.

Reactions: 3 people
I have to hang my hat on our defense doing what they've done all year and giving us a punchers chance. We've been in every game we played and all but one was super close. No one wants to face us. We're like that washed up boxer with the iron jaw. We'll be a bloody mangled mess but hanging around until the 9th round throwing hay makers. I hope that continues because an early KO might break the team's spirit.

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry I didn't do one of these last week for UTC. They really didn't have much of a board, and what little I found was mostly conference discussion. Anyways, moving on, I'm gonna be honest about this one, they have a lot of boards and there is very little discussion regarding our game this Saturday. The majority of their boards consist of Mississippi State hate and the Texas A&M game. Regardless, there has been a fair enough amount of UT talk to get some material. Here's what the Ole Miss faithful are saying:

-The first thread I read discussing our game was regarding the opening line where Ole Miss was a 18.5 favorite. The first post said "our line is waayyyyyyy too high. UT is better than that."

-I've been pleasantly surprised at the opening talk regarding this game. I've seen several "if we can make it by UT" kind of talk. They seem pretty humble about where they are.

-They definitely are making several excuses about the Memphis game, saying it was a trap game and that's why it wasn't a blowout.

-Kind of funny, since the Bama win they've been making fun of Lane Kiffin getting "shellshocked" every time he sees Ole Miss, referencing the '09 UT-Ole Miss game.

-They are really pushing for a shutout in this one. They think their defense is getting overhyped and needs to show up big Saturday to make a statement.

-Makes me sick every time I see this, but a UT poster came on their board with his tail tucked between his legs and said:

...... good grief man. What's sad is an Ole Miss fan had to dispute him, saying we are a team that plays hard and doesn't quit, and this could very well be an upset.

-Analysis of our team:

-General opinions are that we won't move the ball

-They all agree it will be a bad day for our O-line

-General score predictions have them winning by 10-14, with us not scoring a lot. Around 20-6 generally speaking.

-They believe their weak point is on their O-line and our Linebackers have the potential for a big day.

-Saw a prediction thread with several posters saying they are "too nervous about this one" to try to make a prediction.

-Apparently they still hold a grudge over something that happened with UT/Ole Miss a long time ago. Something about Peyton not going there, and UT fans wearing "Archie Who?" buttons. Looks like the story is told in the "Ole Miss hates us" thread here on VN.

-They believe they have best WR corp we have faced or will face this season.

-They seem to have a lot of respect for Worley but they think this will be his worst game. They are saying they rarely/never rush 3, usually 4 or 5, and they consider their entire front 7 to be future NFL'ers.

-They really don't like the "Bo and Bad Bo" talk. Seems to sent them all on a rant.

-I learned on their board that the all-time record is 44-19 UT, pretty lopsided.

All-in-all they seem like a pretty solid fanbase. We deal with the likes of Vandy, Bama, and Florida fans so it's nice to see a competent fanbase that knows what they are talking about. I didn't really see anything regarding their opinion of this game that was disputable. They certainly aren't overlooking us, and they see this game as another hump they have to get over. Hopefully we'll put a stop their success. GBO!!

Ole Miss knows they're lining up against an FCS level OL, they ain't scared. :no:

Reactions: 1 person
We've given up 23 sacks through 6 games. With the defense they have, Mississippi fans can afford to be cordial. They know what will probably happen on Saturday.

We have 12 sacks, ole miss has 11 thru six games. I wonder if Bo might be a lil worried? I think we are giving them a lil bit too much credit, and they are giving us lil less credit. I actually thought from hearing everyone talk they had 25 sacks or so.

Good stuff, thanks. It's good to see that people respect us at this point and not looking at us as a joke. Hope our o line gets it done some how this week. Would be a huge upset at this point and 1 game closer to a bowl

Reactions: 1 person
We have 12 sacks, ole miss has 11 thru six games. I wonder if Bo might be a lil worried? I think we are giving them a lil bit too much credit, and they are giving us lil less credit. I actually thought from hearing everyone talk they had 25 sacks or so.

I think they will give us at least as many fits as OK did and that was way more than enough. This is not UGA ' S D but they also knocked Worley out of the game for a bit so that's not comforting. It doesn't bode well for us. Worley has also started acting panicky at times. Rightfully so. As the broadcaster of the UTC game stated he starts to see ghosts and makes some erratic decisions.

Their D line gets a little sluggish after a few bong hits. They would rush more, but they forget after about 20 seconds. I KID I KID!:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back