CheckerBoard Dudley Field!

OneManGang

Our own CharterVol has cooked up an idea to re-assert our dominance over the Common Ho's! It's time to remind them that at the end of the day we are still THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE and they are still Vanderbilt.

Checkerboard Dudley Field!

The key is this: Sections A-G and P-V color break at row 38. Sections H-O color break at row 22.

Attachments

• checkerboard dudley.jpg
    checkerboard dudley.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 19 people
How 'bout Tennessee beats Vandy...

Something not seen lately...

Let's stop "playin checkers and play football"

Reactions: 12 people
This would be something else if done. I'd go to Nashville just to do this

Checker boarding their stadium
1 be hilarious
2 show what front runners they are
3 impress the hell out of recuits

I'm in

Reactions: 3 people
Last edited:
For all the people who are like "Quit worrying about checkerboarding and win football games!."

Umm....we don't play. So allow us to do what we can to support this team even more so than being there.

We want the team to win, but the more we get behind them, the better chances they have.

Plus...it'll be hysterically funny.

Reactions: 17 people
According to some posters on here the checkerboard was a distraction to the players. smh

According to some posters on here the checkerboard was a distraction to the players. smh

I think that distraction was the whole weekend. Too much hype and pressure put on that game, and our young players couldn't handle it, IMO. As Butch said about FL, that was one game where our immaturity showed.

I think we, the fans did a great job of creating a great atmosphere. I just don't think the players had experienced anything like that before. Oklahoma was a road test, but Florida at Neyland was unlike anything before for most of them. But I don't think you can put it on JUST the checkerboard.

Side note, could you imagine how this would effect recruiting in-state? Wow, what a statement.

They're onto us LOL. A vandy fan I'm friends with on facebook just shared a post from vandynation with the OP's checkerboard image saying "we cannot let this happen!"

Reactions: 1 person
Do the VOL fans really out number the Vandy fans on game day at Dudley?

Historically, it depends on just how badly their season has gone and how well we are playing. In the old days, when we were a perennial top ten program and they occupied the customary doormat position, yes, Tennessee fans would significantly outnumber black and gold boosters at Dudley Stadium.

VN Store

Back