Kentucky is fools gold

BeattieFeathers

Everybody has jumped on the Kentucky bandwagon. Why? Because they beat South Carolina. The same team Texas A & M beat badly which caused pundits to jump on their bandwagon. Since, The Aggies have proven to be fools gold and is headed for a four loss season. Missouri got a big bump in the ratings. Why? South Carolina. They are trending down and Matty Mauck is playing terribly. Everybody has used Carolina as a gauge and over rating their opponents.

The SEC has four really good teams, two pretty good teams, seven teams that can beat each other on a given day, and one lousy bum. I don't believe there is a great team in this league, in spite of the ratings.

Looking at the schedule, and when we play opponents, 7-5 is not out of the question.

Reactions: 3 people
South Carolina for whatever reason plays down to their opponents and has for years. We most certainly can beat them and Kentucky but must play mistake free with our poor oline play. A decent oline and we are probably looking at a much different year imo.

They're a improved team. You have to hope our oline improves over the course of the year. If not something else is wrong besides youth and inexperience.

South Carolina for whatever reason plays down to their opponents and has for years. We most certainly can beat them and Kentucky but must play mistake free with our poor oline play. A decent oline and we are probably looking at a much different year imo.

Most people have said that Carolina gets the most from their talent prior to this season. I don't know how you can say they play down to the opposition when they have enjoyed unprecedented success in their program history.

Now that UK is into the meat of their schedule, they will drop some games. But comparing where they are to where they were, they are impressive on both sides of the ball. They have confidence, momentum and playmakers. We lack the first two and are not making the most of the third. Nine out of ten people not wearing orange or blue would give them the edge over us right now. Will be interesting to see where we are in November.

Reactions: 2 people
I've watched a couple of their games...I dunno if they are markedly better talent wise, but they are definitely a better coached team than in the past. They are young in some spots, but in the spots that matter they have experience and depth. Only time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person
KY has the edge over TN at OL, DL, QB, DB's and at RB with Hurd hurt. That leaves LB's, WR's, punting, and kicking field goals. Medley has made 9 out of 12 attempts. But you usually don't win in the SEC kicking field goals.

Last edited:
KY can win every game until they play us and I still would not worry about them. The only games that are left to worry about are Ole Miss and Bama.

I love this team as much as anyone, but until our team actually achieves some real results (kind of like UK already has, unlike us), then WE are worse than fool's gold. Actually, we're more like a handful of gravel.

I think we'll get there under Coach Jones, but after the UF game I lost faith that we would see something really positive this year. It pains me to say it (yet again) but we are back to "wait till next year!" It's depressing. Oh well, go Vols!!!! I'm behind our team, win or lose ... I just hope that win a meaningful game this season . Somehow. So far, it doesn't look promising.

Everytime someone says "SC/Missouri/Kentucky we should beat, they aren't impressive" and some go so far to seem like they already are marking it down as a W, I have to reply that we're just as beatable to them. We are not impressive to them either, and we sure as heck aren't the UT of old.

Yes we can beat them all but I seriously doubt we beat all 3 and I'll believe it when I see it when we win 2 or 3. That's not being negative, it's just reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
KY has the edge over TN at OL, DL, QB, DB's and at RB with Hurd hurt. That leaves LB's, punting, and kicking field goals. Medley has made 9 out of 12 attempts. But you usually don't win in the SEC kicking field goals.

Their DL is better than ours? :cray: They have anyone close to Cam in the defensive backfield? :cray: Do you know exactly HOW hurt Jalen is :cray: Your points are cray....Darkgable has something for you to smoke. :cool2:

Reactions: 5 people
KY has the edge over TN at OL, DL, QB, DB's and at RB with Hurd hurt. That leaves LB's, WR's punting, and kicking field goals. Medley has made 9 out of 12 attempts. But you usually don't win in the SEC kicking field goals.

Sorry but UT is equal at worst on the DL and UTs DBs are vastly underrated. Different level of quality than UK.

Also Hurd isn't hurt all that bad. His removal from last game was precautionary.

They have clear edge at OL and maybe QB, Towles isn't consistent though.

Reactions: 2 people
Kentucky is Kentucky.

Kentucky is 1 win away from being bowl eligible, Tennessee is 3 wins away. Now UK hasn't played the schedule that Tennessee has but they have a ton of momentum right now and those guys would run through a wall for stoops. They have decent QB play and a good OL, throw in their decent running game I would compare them to vandy from last year. They may not have all the talent but they've been coached up and they believe.

Most people have said that Carolina gets the most from their talent prior to this season. I don't know how you can say they play down to the opposition when they have enjoyed unprecedented success in their program history.

yet they still haven't won an SEC title and have recruited very well in recent years, they are not lacking talent.

Kentucky is 1 win away from being bowl eligible, Tennessee is 3 wins away. Now UK hasn't played the schedule that Tennessee has but they have a ton of momentum right now and those guys would run through a wall for stoops. They have decent QB play and a good OL, throw in their decent running game I would compare them to vandy from last year. They may not have all the talent but they've been coached up and they believe.

We need to have a garbage schedule to start the year so we can get some momentum lol.

Stoops brothers are Fools Gold. Kentucky is Kentucky. But they are pretty good. It's going to be a good game..sad to even think that. Damnit

Stoops brothers are Fools Gold. Kentucky is Kentucky. But they are pretty good. It's going to be a good game..sad to even think that. Damnit

I don't see why that's so hard to believe. Even though we beat them for almost 3 decades straight there were several good games in there. Especially when Rich Brooks was there.

I don't see why that's so hard to believe. Even though we beat them for almost 3 decades straight there were several good games in there. Especially when Rich Brooks was there.

Absolutely.

Kentucky is much improved this season and I think Mark Stoops is a good coach -- I thought that last year, too. Even when they were 2-10 they just looked more disciplined, like they were buying in, etc. They just weren't any good. It takes time to turn that around.

But it's also true that their easy games have been frontloaded. They can definitely beat us, but we can also definitely beat them. Not definitely WILL, definitely CAN. Have to really bring it those last few games. We really need a bowl.

VN Store

Back