Would Ole Miss be a Signature Win

JMSqb11

For Butch? I get why it would be. (Top 3 team on the road). But at the same time, I will, and I think many too, are waiting for Jones to beat Bama, UGA, and Florida to really say he has a signature win.

jon-stewart-huh.gif

Ole Miss is better than all of those teams right now

Reactions: 16 people
For Butch? I get why it would be. (Top 3 team on the road). But at the same time, I will, and I think many too, are waiting for Jones to beat Bama, UGA, and Florida to really say he has a signature win.

The idea of a "signature win" seems a little silly but I have reached the conclusion that a significant number of contributors would be finding fault if we beat Bama, UGA and Florida on consecutive Saturdays.:crazy:

Reactions: 4 people
Butch beat the team that ended up number 4 in the country last season??? Doesn't he already have a signature win?

I feel like some people won't be happy until Butch beats Bama.

Reactions: 3 people
Beating one of the hottest Top 3 teams in the country at their place-- doesn't get a lot better than that.

It would be our biggest win since....well.....I seriously cannot remember.

Not belittling the SCjr win last year but this would be on a different level altogether, on a "Championship Busting level".

Reactions: 2 people
Apparently the possibility of beating a top 3 team is still not good enough. Perhaps if this team were able to beat Seattle Seahawks.

I believe that it would definitely be the signature win of the season. Florida, Bama, and SC would of course look well, but it wouldn't be to the magnitude of beating the trending Rebels.

Some on here wouldn't call it a signature win because it's "Ole Miss" but this team is elite and one of the best in the SEC.

It was said to be so. So let me ask, exactly what is the signifigance of a "signature win?" By all appearances, credit does not last very long after one.

To me, a signature win is a huge win that marks the emergence/return of a good team. In order for a win to be anything more than a "one-time thing" type upset, you need to have sustained success after the win. Butch has gone like 1-7 against Power 5 teams since that game (thank you Kentucky), that's why the credit didn't really last that long imo.

Reactions: 1 person
In my opinion, I think a signature win is at a point in the program. South Carolina was a signature win for the Vols last year, a win over a top-25, almost top 10 team (11/10 I believe in the polls at the time) who actually finished #4 in the country. Certainly the next level of a signature win would be a win over a top ten team at home or especially on the road. For teams that are already established, a signature win might be beating a number 1 team or notching a big bowl victory. In the SEC, it is winning the SEC championship. For bama or fsu, a signature win could only be another national championship.

Ole Miss is the highest ranked team left on our schedule. A win would mean a lot to this program and Team 118.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back