Owen Williams and Josh Smith

VolnJC

If we can get those two back, we are basically 100% healthy, or as close as you can be halfway through the season. I know Devrin is out but I was mainly talking about the two deep.
Williams had thumb surgery and should be getting his cast off this week.
Smith has been out four weeks with an ankle injury

Will Owen Williams play against Ole Miss?

Also, when will we see Hurd and Josh Smith?

I think Hurd is good to go. If I had to guess I would say that Williams will play against Ole Miss. They planned the surgery around the UTC game to get him back in the games where he will be needed. He, as have the other DTs, have played well this year. Coach Jones said that they have overachieved this season. I have no idea about Josh.

On The Butch Jones Show, CBJ said the top 3 RBs were out. Who is #3?

Devrin Young. He's been our #3 so far. I assume he isn't counting Scott since he made his first appearance last week. Other than that it's just Summerhill and Pickett.

Smith is out and they are considering a red shirt. According to Tim Irwin

Shoot. No way...

I hate that for him, and for the team. He's been amazing this year. In a roster full of 4 star wideouts he has been close to our best. We could have used him next week and going forward.

Reactions: 1 person
Devrin Young. He's been our #3 so far. I assume he isn't counting Scott since he made his first appearance last week. Other than that it's just Summerhill and Pickett.

Wow. That's pretty bleak. Although they might be gaming with Hurd a little.

Top 3
1. Hurd
2. Lane
3. Scott
So if its the top three.......Then the list changes to 1. Scott 2. Summerhill 3. Pickett

Lane Has been so insignificant you forgot him

No, I was putting Scott fourth (I.e., he isn't counting Scott as being in the top three. He isnt, I take it, because Saturday was his first game. Perhaps he would have surpassed Young in short order). Sorry for any confusion.

Is Hurd hurt?

Hurd and Lane were both hurt during the Florida game. I think thag Hurd was fine to play last week, but Butch wanted to give him a snap or two and then let him rest. Lane probably needed the week off. I'm not sure if he will be back on Saturday night.

Luck of the Vols. Starting to look like Hurd may be injury prone. Lord, I hope it's not because the offensive line is not shielding them enough that the top 3 are injured. We keep talking about Worley getting hammered and don't even mention the running backs!

Reactions: 1 person
If we can get those two back, we are basically 100% healthy, or as close as you can be halfway through the season. I know Devrin is out but I was mainly talking about the two deep.
Williams had thumb surgery and should be getting his cast off this week.
Smith has been out four weeks with an ankle injury

I'm sorry to be critical... I know he's a good guy and all but I'd like to see someone other than Devin on kick off return. He just doesn't have that top gear and has also put it on the ground a time or two. I'd like to see berry, Foreman, or Williams back there. Maybe even Wharton. What's up with him. I remember hearing he was a little banged up back in camp but id have thought we'd have seen him by now

I'm sorry to be critical... I know he's a good guy and all but I'd like to see someone other than Devin on kick off return. He just doesn't have that top gear and has also put it on the ground a time or two. I'd like to see berry, Foreman, or Williams back there. Maybe even Wharton. What's up with him. I remember hearing he was a little banged up back in camp but id have thought we'd have seen him by now

Did you not watch the game Saturday? We saw Berry returning kicks and Wharton at WR.

Reactions: 4 people

I think Devrin probably got the nod on experience, but its pretty easy to see that Sutton, Berry, and Wharton are more athletic.

Did you not watch the game Saturday? We saw Berry returning kicks and Wharton at WR.

Wow. No I didn't watch. Literally one of the first games I've missed over the last 20 years. I took my son to hunt the youth season in ky and forgot to set a record on Friday. Honestly... I wasn't too upset when I realized I forgot.

VN Store

Back