I see that we've changed who needs to be fired

Can't tell me there isn't one person on the sideline that isn't better than Thomas. Don't know why they haven't given Sanders a chance.

Was Jancek last year. And I mean it was loud.

Weird how we get an influx of talent on that side of the ball and the team improves 10 fold.

There aren't many coaches that this level that just can't coach. The key is getting the players, and having as little staff turnover as possible.

I would venture that Bajakian would like to open up the offense more than anyone. Can't do it when the backbone of the offense is the worst in the SEC.

Can't blame anyone but Dooley, really. What on Earth was he thinking would happen...

Reactions: 27 people
Can't tell me there isn't one person on the sideline that isn't better than Thomas. Don't know why they haven't given Sanders a chance.

do you think they are playing guys that look worse in practice? They had Sanders at 2nd team guard saturday.

Weird how we get an influx of talent on that side of the ball and the team improves 10 fold.

There aren't many coaches that this level that just can't coach. The key is getting the players, and having as little staff turnover as possible.

I would venture that Bajakian would like to open up the offense more than anyone. Can't do it when the backbone of the offense is the worst in the SEC.

Can't blame anyone but Dooley, really. What on Earth was he thinking would happen...

Right on. Fools on here wanted Janceck's head on a platter last year.

Those are the same ones who are all over his jock this year.

Reactions: 22 people
do you think they are playing guys that look worse in practice? They had Sanders at 2nd team guard saturday.

Many times you have players that play a lot better than they practice. Thomas hasn't blocked hardly anyone. Sanders blocked very well when he got his chance on Saturday. Only missed once.

Reactions: 2 people

One thing that I can say about Dooley is that he was smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall after season 2. He gave up, and didn't really worry about his future at U.T. He wanted out.

Many times you have players that play a lot better than they practice. Thomas hasn't blocked hardly anyone. Sanders blocked very well when he got his chance on Saturday. Only missed once.

Seriously though do u keep rotating guys in and out hoping to find the right one or stick with the one that plays better in practice and allow him to get better with experience. sanders needs to practice better if he wants to play.

We've moved from the OC to the OL coach. How about we have no talent.

So sick of this. We've got talent. No one thinks they will be All-SEC. Right now though, they aren't playing at All-OVC level.

That's coaching.

Last time I checked too, the O-line was an offensive and not a defensive unit. Bajakian is ultimately responsible.

Reactions: 3 people

There's a difference. To the degree it was talent last year there was very little time for them to have done much about it. It was no secret that UT was going to lose all 5 OL starters... and this is seriously the best they could come up with? And you all don't see that as a problem?

They've had two years to do something about it. He bears a good portion of the blame... but still they should have been able to come up with something in that time. They didn't know they would need a left offensive tackle?

Reactions: 4 people
Right on. Fools on here wanted Janceck's head on a platter last year.

Those are the same ones who are all over his jock this year.

They are going to think he is God almighty in 2016 with the talent we have coming in - tho super sad to be losing AJ

Seriously though do u keep rotating guys in and out hoping to find the right one or stick with the one that plays better in practice and allow him to get better with experience. sanders needs to practice better if he wants to play.

Could it honestly be any worse than it is now if they tried some others on the OL?

They have more talent than FCS Chatt D-Line.

True... which begs the question of why the OL coach isn't getting more out of the talent.

FWIW, Kendrick looked much quicker than Kerbyson to me when he came in. IIRC, they chose the 5 they did because they had fewer missed assignments... but I don't really see the advantage of having a guy who gets dominated while knowing what to do over a guy who doesn't always know what to do.

Reactions: 1 person
They've had two years to do something about it. He bears a good portion of the blame... but still they should have been able to come up with something in that time. They didn't know they would need a left offensive tackle?[/QUOTE]

They tried with Blair, Blair was just out of shape and didn't win a spot to start the season

Randy had his chance.

Sanders has 2 championship rings that says he knows what he is doing.

He is a VFL and gave many years to the program.

After Phil got lazy Sanders was his first fall guy. I would be happy to welcome Randy back to UT if the opportunity arose.

There's a difference. To the degree it was talent last year there was very little time for them to have done much about it. It was no secret that UT was going to lose all 5 OL starters... and this is seriously the best they could come up with? And you all don't see that as a problem?

They've had two years to do something about it. He bears a good portion of the blame... but still they should have been able to come up with something in that time. They didn't know they would need a left offensive tackle?

Bingo.

It's easier to rip the players that are here and rip the fans who dare question a head coach, his staff, or their decisions than it is to stare reality in the face that other teams have problems and have coaches that can overcome obstacles.

Reactions: 4 people
Sanders has 2 championship rings that says he knows what he is doing.

He is a VFL and gave many years to the program.

After Phil got lazy Sanders was his first fall guy. I would be happy to welcome Randy back to UT if the opportunity arose.

No. I've seen enough WR screens to the sideline with no gain and/or loss to last a lifetime.

They have, him and Kendrick both in practice and neither made it more than a series without having to be replaced.

Why do you think they recruited (and landed) the #1 JUCO offensive tackle in the country?

They thought he would be able to come in and play day 1. They missed. It happens.

When you land the "most college ready LT" anywhere in the country and he busts, that leaves you in a bit of a pickle when you have the talent/experience we have.

Bingo.

It's easier to rip the players that are here and rip the fans who dare question a head coach, his staff, or their decisions than it is to stare reality in the face that other teams have problems and have coaches that can overcome obstacles.

You can coach till you're blue in the face but if your players don't/can't execute you're still stuck with a sh!t sandwich.

Some people aren't smart. Some people just can't learn. Some people won't be whatever they want to be. Some people can't be coached up.

Maybe whoever is the UT QB should spend every free moment with his O-line. I remember seeing Peyton coming out of the movies every Friday with his line in tow. Bond.

VN Store

Back