Derek Barnett Appreciation

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!
THIS kid is a LEADER already...and he is playing at All-American levels. SO glad to have him, and don't feel he's getting the press/attention deserved...

628x471.jpg

hi-res-a66edcfe99d0be8531ee2aaebdb0451f_crop_north.jpg

hi-res-57fed822db2d29065b260b471001809c_crop_exact.jpg

1005_KCSP_UTUFgal529_1412455582466_8711954_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

1005_KCSP_UTUFgal545_1412455657767_8711970_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 people
I kinda hate to say this but I knew I liked this kid when I saw the video of him shoving that kid out of bounds last ut in his high school game as he was trying to run out the clock. It showed me this kid won't give up and he will give his all till the whistle blows. Plus I think we have missed that kind of nastiness on our d line for awhile.

Kid is SMART!!! We overlook IQ way too much and just focus on athletic ability. He has it all. VN needs to look at how CBJ recruits, especially in Tennessee. He goes after high IQ (Brentwood Academy, for example) kids that can play immediately. Barnett is awesome to watch especially the game in Norman.

Reactions: 4 people
I kinda hate to say this but I knew I liked this kid when I saw the video of him shoving that kid out of bounds last ut in his high school game as he was trying to run out the clock. It showed me this kid won't give up and he will give his all till the whistle blows. Plus I think we have missed that kind of nastiness on our d line for awhile.

I think that guy is are starting right tackle.

The Defense is pretty darn good this year. The fact we play a lot of freshman means its going to get nasty in the coming years.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, love this kid.... are we red-shirting Hendrix, Sawyers, and Creamer or are they just playing smaller roles this season?

Couldn't ask for better play from a freshman. He'll get at least two years to play with McKenzie and Tuttle as well. Our DL is gonna be scary.

Reactions: 1 person
He is playing awesome. Definitely impressive.

Anyone else tired of our announcer mixing him and TKJr up? Apparently he gets his 6 and 9 confused, but there is a big size difference and I've noticed it several times the past couple of home games. Maybe its because they're both studs.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm nominating Derek Barnett for Freshman All -American and AJ and Cam for consensus All - Americans.

Hendrix and Sawyers playing smaller roles, not sure about Creamer, who's been moved to TE.

Creamer was in the game yesterday... I know...girl made fun of his name.

Hendrix and Sawyers playing smaller roles, not sure about Creamer, who's been moved to TE.

In a home game, I recall Creamer returning a kick for about 35 yards, so he won't be a candidate to be a red shirt.

Barnett deserves all these kudos and more, but do not discount the great coaching he got at one of the state's premier football schools, Brentwood Academy. Im not a big fan of that school BUT they routinely crank out SEC caliber talent.

VN Store

Back