Joe Henderson Gone? (RUMOR)

VolnJC

Read on TOS, from someone who had read it on TOS that Joe Henderson is no longer with the team, possibly due to a falsified ACT score. Hope its not true, I think he could have been a good player.

Edit looks like it wasn't true
RT @SwainEvent: Before it gains any steam, there has been no dismissals from the #Vols team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I teach college age kids and its amazing how little knowledge many of them have acquired in twelve years of school. College isn't for everyone, I really wish the NFL had a semipro league, like MLB has for its prospects. Let them draft players out of high school, and the rest can still go the college route if they stay for three years.

Reactions: 4 people
I teach college age kids and its amazing how little knowledge many of them have acquired in twelve years of school. College isn't for everyone, I really wish the NFL had a semipro league, like MLB has for its prospects. Let them draft players out of high school, and the rest can still go the college route if they stay for three years.

Sorry professor, but that's dumb idea. It would be the end of college football.

Read on TOS, from someone who had read it on TOS that Joe Henderson is no longer with the team, possibly due to a falsified ACT score. Hope its not true, I think he could have been a good player.

This is "a friend of my cousin's next door neighbor" sort of thing?

I'm sure a semi-pro team would pack the stands with tens and tens of paying fans.:lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person
This is "a friend of my cousin's next door neighbor" sort of thing?

b39d2baabe5f1c0a86ea33d01ee4d7d6c5eaa91ca8e838cf76b9ead665e971aa.jpg

I'm sure a semi-pro team would pack the stands with tens and tens of paying fans.:lolabove:

If they played their games in the spring, I think it would work. NFL is looking into it now

For more than a decade, the NFL had a developmental league based in Europe. High costs and sputtering interest eventually resulted in a shutdown of the business that had as many name changes as Sean Combs.

But a push continues to bring back minor league football. New NFL V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent tells the Associated Press that his recent remarks supporting such a venture struck a chord.

“I got more than 100 proposals,” Vincent said. “I think that shows it is worth a look.”

Momentum builds for developmental league | ProFootballTalk

Sorry professor, but that's dumb idea. It would be the end of college football.

I don't think so, it wouldn't take many players and the games would be played in the spring. Phil Savage is pushing the idea. I just think that a guy who wants to play in the NFL, shouldn't have to attend college. The term "college athlete" hasn't been accurate for many years.

But what would be the best way to stage a developmental league? NFL consultant Marc Ganis believes the model works best from March to July. Former Browns G.M. and current Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage believes a small league confined to a specific region of the country makes the most sense.

“I do envision some sort of developmental league, based maybe in Florida or Texas or Arizona,” Savage said. “Anywhere from four to six teams; I don’t think more than eight.”

What does an athlete have to get a 17? I'm pretty sure you get a 15 by answering C every time.

Didn't Gerald Williams take a good 2 full years before he ever showed up on campus? So, it must not be that easy to score a 17.

Also, the d.b. from Texas who took forever to qualify and then once he made it, Hamilton said it was below U.T. standards. Eric Lockett??? I think I butchered is name!!!

Didn't Gerald Williams take a good 2 full years before he ever showed up on campus? So, it must not be that easy to score a 17.

Also, the d.b. from Texas who took forever to qualify and then once he made it, Hamilton said it was below U.T. standards. Eric Lockett??? I think I butchered is name!!!

Like I said, it's not hard if you're a sentient being. Eddrick Lofton btw.

I think it was 3. He went to both prep school in Virginia and Juco in San Francisco. I admired him for sticking with it. He wanted to be a Vol.

VN Store

Back