45-10 Win

IngloriousBastard

This is by far the most pessimistic I've ever seen this forum after a win. They won 45-10 and you'd think it went the opposite way. Look, the offensive line sucks. I get it. That's an issue you're going to have with so many young players. Give them some time and they'll gain the experience they need to be decent. Add in a good QB (Dormady?) and this team will be good in a few years with the way the staff is recruiting. Speaking of them, Tennessee absolutely does not need to fire anyone for quite a few years, unless recruiting obviously starts to fall. The program cannot handle anymore turnover and attrition. So let's all just chill out and watch our young team develop. Go Vols!

Reactions: 23 people
I don't share your enthusiasm for the immediate future. We really are at a point where we may only be able to beat Vandy for the rest of the year. If 4-8 is OK with you then continue to love the program thru the Orange colored glasses. After many poor years, a worse record this year is more than just a down year.

Reactions: 2 people
This is by far the most pessimistic I've ever seen this forum after a win. They won 45-10 and you'd think it went the opposite way. Look, the offensive line sucks. I get it. That's an issue you're going to have with so many young players. Give them some time and they'll gain the experience they need to be decent. Add in a good QB (Dormady?) and this team will be good in a few years with the way the staff is recruiting. Speaking of them, Tennessee absolutely does not need to fire anyone for quite a few years, unless recruiting obviously starts to fall. The program cannot handle anymore turnover and attrition. So let's all just chill out and watch our young team develop. Go Vols!

If you thought today was impressive, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: 3 people
candy-corn-cupcake.JPG

Reactions: 4 people
I don't share your enthusiasm for the immediate future. We really are at a point where we may only be able to beat Vandy for the rest of the year. If 4-8 is OK with you then continue to love the program thru the Orange colored glasses. After many poor years, a worse record this year is more than just a down year.

Soooo....Mizzou and USCe look better? Lets talk Kentucky, if we had their sched we would be 5-1.

Reactions: 8 people

Look, you make good points and we're all aware of them. However, we're about to play 2 of the best front 7s in all of college football the next 2 weeks..... and we couldn't block UTC today, at all, in run or pass blocking. They had 12 sacks all year in their lowly FCS conference and they had 6 vs us today.....6! That's the reason for the over the top pessimism.... this game meant little to us today, but the next 6 mean everything. From looking at today's gane, Worley's not gonna survive the next 2 weeks, and if he doesn't, the season's done and we miss a bowl for the 4th straight season. That's why all the pessimism imo.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think he is saying "impressive", at least that's not what I read. It was a win. Give the moaning and groaning a rest for at least a week. The constant negativity has gotten pretty old. Anyone that follows UT knows we have issues on the O line, questionable play calling,etc. Your negative comments haven't changed anything. CBJ isn't going anywhere, and neither are any of his coaches probably, these freshmen aren't gaining one bit of experience by any means other than time. It is what it is. Any positivity is quickly followed by one of you guys reminding us how we suck, how we'll be lucky to win 5 games, how Coach Jake should follow your advice about how to call a game...really you think they don't see what you see? You think they are all suddenly incompetent? They couldn't care less if we win or not? We lose, you get pissed off, we lose and their livelihood and career is at stake. Who has more to lose than these players or coaches? Certainly not you that come here everyday talking about how sorry they are.

Reactions: 14 people
I think the issue for most is that the Oline gave up 5-6 sacks. I know for a fact the first team Oline gave up 5. to Chattanooga. a FCS school. . . . ole miss will eat us alive next week lol. But enjoying this win tonight since its the first one in a month.

Look, you make good points and we're all aware of them. However, we're about to play 2 of the best front 7s in all of college football the next 2 weeks..... and we couldn't block UTC today, at all, in run or pass blocking. They had 12 sacks all year in their lowly FCS conference and they had 6 vs us today.....6! That's the reason for the over the top pessimism.... this game meant little to us today, but the next 6 mean everything. From looking at today's gane, Worley's not gonna survive the next 2 weeks, and if he doesn't, the season's done and we miss a bowl for the 4th straight season. That's why all the pessimism imo.
Right, but these lineman issues don't all fall on the current coaches. Sure some do, a good bit of it should be attributed to the failed recruiting in this key area by the previous staff. Honestly, how great did anyone think the o-line would be under the circumstances?

Please tell me where you thought I said today was "impressive". It wasn't, but it was a 35 point win nonetheless.

No offense meant, I'm just about as down now over the whole situation as I can be. I read everyday, hardly ever post, but something about the last 2 weeks has got me in a place I don't want to be anymore. I'm at a loss

I don't think he is saying "impressive", at least that's not what I read. It was a win. Give the moaning and groaning a rest for at least a week. The constant negativity has gotten pretty old. Anyone that follows UT knows we have issues on the O line, questionable play calling,etc. Your negative comments haven't changed anything. CBJ isn't going anywhere, and neither are any of his coaches probably, these freshmen aren't gaining one bit of experience by any means other than time. It is what it is. Any positivity is quickly followed by one of you guys reminding us how we suck, how we'll be lucky to win 5 games, how Coach Jake should follow your advice about how to call a game...really you think they don't see what you see? You think they are all suddenly incompetent? They couldn't care less if we win or not? We lose, you get pissed off, we lose and their livelihood and career is at stake. Who has more to lose than these players or coaches? Certainly not you that come here everyday talking about how sorry they are.
Good post. I hate the losses as much as anyone, but I have full confidence in Butch to rebuild the program.

Good post. I hate the losses as much as anyone, but I have full confidence in Butch to rebuild the program.

say he only wins 4 games.. so in 2 yrs he has won 9 games n yr 3 he wins 6 or 7.. so is that bsia results.. dools got fired for same type results.. he has to get to a bowl or i say no hope he will be here long term.

Reactions: 1 person
I have no idea what people see in this team that leads them to believe we can beat KY. Explain and I will listen.

I would say the reverse. They start their schedule now. Their D is terrible. They have worse depth issues than we have.

Compare schedules please and tell me we would be 3-3 with their schedule and they would be 5-1 or 4-2 with ours. Show me a team we lost too that they would best. They were down by 14 to UL Munro.

say he only wins 4 games.. so in 2 yrs he has won 9 games n yr 3 he wins 6 or 7.. so is that bsia results.. dools got fired for same type results.. he has to get to a bowl or i say no hope he will be here long term.
Dooley didn't beat a top 25 team and wasn't recruiting at the same level. Anyone with any football sense knows Butch is a better coach than Dooley.

Reactions: 6 people

But we're Tennessee fans, I thought we were supposed to be negative all the time about our program?

VN Store

Back