Ralph David Abernathy a possible RB Transfer

snapcracklepop

While researching Micah, I came upon this article which mentions speculation of Micah's older brother who played RB for Butch at Cincinnati having one more year of eligibility and possibly transferring to the Vols for his final year. The article states that he will decide if he wants to play one more year of college or enter the NFL draft. Come on down to Knoxville Mr. Abernathy. Go Vols!

Ms. Abernathy also addressed speculation that Micah picked Tennessee because the Volunteers agreed to take his older brother on a football scholarship.
“I’m not aware of that,” she said. “Where did you see that? That’s not the current plan, no.”
Ralph David is taking a medical red-shirt this year as a senior at Cincinnati, she confirmed. He will also be graduating from Cincinnati in December, giving him the opportunity to transfer and play at another FBS institution next season under NCAA rules.
“But right now he’s undecided on whether he’s going to play another season or go to the (NFL) combine,” she said. “He hasn’t made that decision and I don’t know when he will.”
When asked if Tennessee had also offered a scholarship to Ralph David, she replied, “They haven’t said anything to me. I’m not aware of that.”

Micah Abernathy: Tennessee edges UGA for 4-star DB | College recruiting blog

Reactions: 2 people
Well, it sure would make a ton of sense given the fact Butch recruited him at Cincy and I'm just guessing he would want to play with his brother.

Package deal.
Medical RS this year. Supposedly will graduate this year. Future is uncertain but I can see him trying a little running back here. He gets to play with little brother. We'll see.

GO VOLS!

Do package deals work? Bo Hardagree/Daniel Brooks? Nash Nance/Da Rick Rogers? Denarius Moore/ Ontario Smith?????

In 2013 he put up 132 carries for 518 yards - almost 4 yards a carry. Georgia has a stable of backs so why not us?

I hope he comes. The Abernathy's are a salt of the earth kind of family and are the exact kind of character guys you want to bring in.

Micah and Ralph's grandfather was one of the most respected civil right's leaders and was the person holding MLK in his arms when he took his last breath.

Reactions: 10 people
oh-boy.gif

Reactions: 7 people
This might be under the radar until the end of the season. We need a great returner.

Makes no sense. Play your last year at Cincy, go to NFL, or ride the pine behind Hurd at UT with this poor o line?

Makes no sense. Play your last year at Cincy, go to NFL, or ride the pine behind Hurd at UT with this poor o line?

This line will be okay next year. A year of experience plus another year of conditioning. We will be a much better team in 2015.

Ralph David would be another back to throw in the mix with Hurd, Kamara, and Scott. Sure why not?

Ralph David would be another back to throw in the mix with Hurd, Kamara, and Scott. Sure why not?

Agreed, if he wants to come here. You can never have enough running backs not to mention it would be nice not to have one of your stars returning punts/kicks. He put up some decent numbers as a sophomore and junior, I think he could see time in the rotation.

Jones and Bajakian rode RDA4 to the Tennessee job, BTW, and they know it. They find a place for him if he wants to come.

VN Store

Back