There are so many pseudo Tn fans ...

roddo518

Coach
On this site, it makes me sick. Troll is too kind of a word. Sure they have a tenn picture in their avatar or have the "vol" or "tenn" in their username, but they must have their allegiances somewhere else. It disgusts me at some of the threads that are started on here. What is even worse than that is when a positive thread is started, they can't wait to shoot it down with a negative smug remark. It's either that or we have a high percentage of fair weather fans that enjoy tearing the teams or staff down any chance they get.

Reactions: 44 people
On this site, it makes me sick. Troll is too kind of a word. Sure they have a tenn picture in their avatar or have the "vol" or "tenn" in their username, but they must have their allegiances somewhere else. It disgusts me at some of the threads that are started on here. What is even worse than that is when a positive thread is started, they can't wait to shoot it down with a negative smug remark. It's either that or we have a high percentage of fair weather fans that enjoy tearing the teams or staff down any chance they get.

After the last 5 years I seriously doubt if there are any fair weather fans left.

At this point even the Gator fans on the site feel sorry for us.

The fans remaining have donated time effort energy and MONEY to see results.

What is wrong with demanding results or wanting to have something anything to believe in again?

Reactions: 21 people
As an old retired football coach myself, it's very difficult to not see everyone pulling on the rope in the same direction. It appears to me that we not only don't have everyone on the rope pulling for us, some are sawing on it and spitting on it in the process. I'm just an old diehard ut fan, I guess.

Reactions: 9 people
After the last 5 years I seriously doubt if there are any fair weather fans left.

At this point even the Gator fans on the site feel sorry for us.

The fans remaining have donated time effort energy and MONEY to see results.

What is wrong with demanding results or wanting to have something anything to believe in again?

It isn't the desire for success that is the problem of course. It is the unrealistic, fairytale expectations that it is an automatic, mechanical path to reach the goal.

Reactions: 12 people
Why are people so surprised with negative comments when we're not doing so well? The same people also think we're the only fanbase that get angry about their team not doing so well. I assure all of you, fans of other teams get just as pi$$ed.

Reactions: 3 people
Winning is a long process.

The problem people have with this claim is winning isn't typically a long process at other stops once the right coach is hired. Usually by year 2 drastic results begin to surface. The same can be shown in Jones' past. But this is a unique rebuilding process....?

Reactions: 1 person
As an old retired football coach myself, it's very difficult to not see everyone pulling on the rope in the same direction. It appears to me that we not only don't have everyone on the rope pulling for us, some are sawing on it and spitting on it in the process. I'm just an old diehard ut fan, I guess.

I'm an old fan, too. Being critical doesn't equal fair weather fans necessarily. Just folks itching for a winning season after the past 5-6 years or so. We got spoiled so bad that 8-10 wins wasn't good enough. So now, we want so bad to get back to that.

There are too many things to be excited about this staff for them to get this many negative posts. We could be on the verge of getting another top recruit in the morning, which would move us in the top three in the nation, and I've read more negative posts than positive today. So what, our young team didn't make a play in the fla game. This year we knew would be a tough one, but there are a lot more good years in our future than sorry ones. I didn't see that with the last two staffs. I'm afraid a lot of our so called fans, and opponent's fans will be eating a lot of crow the next several years.

Reactions: 7 people
Everyone is just frustrated, man. If u have a Volnation account that means u love UT and u are a passionate fan. People come on here and rant/rave/vent all the time so u can't take it personal. No one will have the same thoughts about what's going on. We all want the program to succeed and we are getting there. It just really hurts when we lose games that we are suppose to win and we are not relevant anymore and all the media talks about is Alabama and Auburn and Ole Miss and the rest of those piss ants in the West. It's a Cycle, we'll be back so stock up on JD, Go Vols!

Take an elite SEC team that won a NC and dominated much of the 90s and early 2000s and then run in through the crapper for a decade and you can see why so many are in a bad mood.

Reactions: 11 people

You're more right than you know. Excellent post.

Reactions: 2 people
For every "pseudo vol fan" on this site, there's another who thinks they are the ultimate authority on the proper way to be a Vol Fan.

These threads make me sick. Blah Blah Blah, you're not a REAL fan, you're not being a fan correctly, I'm a better fan than you, you suck at being a fan and I don't, blah blah blah...

Get over yourself. I'm a Vol Fan just as much as you are. I have my thoughts and opinions just like you. They might be different than yours but I bleed Orange just like you. You don't have "True Fan" seats at the stadium. Your seats are just like mine, so please stfu with this ****e.

Reactions: 22 people
For every "pseudo vol fan" on this site, there's another who thinks they are the ultimate authority on the proper way to be a Vol Fan.

These threads make me sick. Blah Blah Blah, you're not a REAL fan, you're not being a fan correctly, I'm a better fan than you, you suck at being a fan and I don't, blah blah blah...

Get over yourself. I'm a Vol Fan just as much as you are. I have my thoughts and opinions just like you. They might be different than yours but I bleed Orange just like you. You don't have "True Fan" seats at the stadium. Your seats are just like mine, so please stfu with this ****e.

C'mon, you know you needed a 20th thread this week stating the exact same thing that's been said over... And over... And over...

Reactions: 2 people
I think the problem with many fans is that they just can't trust a coach to give his all to Tennessee. We all know kitten bolted and left us a mess and doofus didnt care much about the program, he just wanted that nice buyout. butch seems to be genuinely invested in making this program great again, but then again I thought kitten and doofus were committed too.

:rock::clapping::good!:
Its immature people that think everyone should agree with their point of view and if not your just not as smart or loyal as they are.

Lived in Ohio all my life been a UT fan since I was 3 when my dad took me to my first game. I'm 30 now. Yeah it's been hard these last 5 years. And yes Saturday was probably the most pissed off I have ever been after a football game that I've never played in. (Didn't turn on any Tennessee radio apps or get on volnation till today being so mad) But I strongly believe that after this next recruiting class especially if that duel threat QB that's commited we are going to compete for the sec championship next year. Record this year will be 7-6 with bowl win.

Fair weather fans? What a numbskull comment: We've suxed for 12 years and totally choked away what should have been an easy win over florida.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back