15 for '15: Brightest Futures

WilliamDuVOL

Which college programs are ready to explode soon?

Others are taking notice, and rightfully so. If our QB situation shapes up nicely next year with our somewhat more favorable schedule, I can see it being an 8+ win year which should definitely help maintain recruiting momentum.

8. Tennessee - This is the program that’s on the deck to return to national prominence. They’ve recruited too well since Butch Jones (and Tommy Thigpen) arrived not to. Especially at wide receiver (like usual), running back and defensive tackle. The key will be if Joshua Dobbs or more so, Quinten Dormandy, is the guy at quarterback. If so, it’s set up for them to win the SEC East in year four of the Butch Jones era (in 2016) and have potential sustained success beyond.

Reactions: 2 people
Wait a minute. Why do 4 other SEC teams have brighter futures, one of which is in the east?

Wait a minute. Why do 4 other SEC teams have brighter futures, one of which is in the east?

The simple explanation is that 247 hates us .. :loco:

But, obvious is that those teams ranked ahead of us do have brighter futures. We should just be thankful to be in this Top 15 list.

More stable programs, winning big right now, better coaches, better recruiting. All I got.

Personally, I'm in full wait and see mode, only prudent position to take right now. If he'd beaten Vandy last year and capitalized on a tailor- made win laid out on a silver platter vs Florida last week I'd be aboard....but those 2 games with Jones at the helm happened.

Reactions: 3 people
Interesting that we are the only team in the top 10 that isn't already in the national title hunt. Crazy that national analysts and experts rave about our future and staff and the improvements but couch coaches on here are dead set that our future is doomed with this staff.
Call me crazy but I'll stick with the experts and those that get paid to do this stuff.

this is really getting tiresome...wait till next year, this is getting worse than the CUBS

13. LSU - If Les Miles opts to Michigan, the buzz is LSU would then hire David Cutcliffe. He just won 10 games at a D level program at Duke last year. Imagine what he would do with A level talent. Flip that thing and win big in little to no time.

Wow

this is really getting tiresome...wait till next year, this is getting worse than the CUBS

Seriously? Look at the coaching hires and attrition over the last few years before Jones, and tell me we should've been competing for titles. Bad coaching hires won't be the death of this program, rather impatience will be if it sinks permanently into irrelevance. We JUST got our first top ranked recruiting class. We still haven't even gotten our second one, but hey look, we're about to. Good Lord, if you don't want to have any patience, that's your choice, but I for one am excited to see where this program ends up once we have two or three top 10 classes maturing on the field instead of virtually zero depth and a ton of freshmen in the two deep. If you really think mediocrity will be the norm here with this much elite talent coming, I can't help you.

Interesting that we are the only team in the top 10 that isn't already in the national title hunt. Crazy that national analysts and experts rave about our future and staff and the improvements but couch coaches on here are dead set that our future is doomed with this staff.
Call me crazy but I'll stick with the experts and those that get paid to do this stuff./QUOTE]

They get paid to write stories that generate clicks. That doesn't make them experts.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously? Look at the coaching hires and attrition over the last few years before Jones, and tell me we should've been competing for titles. Bad coaching hires won't be the death of this program, rather impatience will be if it sinks permanently into irrelevance. We JUST got our first top ranked recruiting class. We still haven't even gotten our second one, but hey look, we're about to. Good Lord, if you don't want to have any patience, that's your choice, but I for one am excited to see where this program ends up once we have two or three top 10 classes maturing on the field instead of virtually zero depth and a ton of freshmen in the two deep. If you really think mediocrity will be the norm here with this much elite talent coming, I can't help you.

With you on your points, trying to be patient, don't expect miracles. But losses like last week's to Florida sets us back and doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Jones to get the job done on Saturdays. Had over 200 recruits in to watch that debacle last week..... not gonna help recruiting in the short and long term if we keep crapping the bed in tailor-made situations like that.

Last edited:
wooo hooo

dwight-schrute-celebration-jump.gif

Dr.-Who.gif

Reactions: 7 people
14. Baylor - New stadium. Wide open offense. Major instate ties. A head coach in Art Briles who specializes in getting more out of less. Baylor isn’t a fluke. Briles has slayed Goliath and they are here to stay given the university’s new commitment and most of all his personnel use. Players want to play in that offense. It’s on par to have an Oregon like run, green uniforms and all. Kids in Texas can stay home and play in that offense, wear those uniforms and score a ton.

LOL, lost all credibility with this one. They are on borrowed time, TX will put them back in their place soon enough. Come'on, they just set a school record by selling a whopping 2500 tickets for an away game a whole 100 miles south in Austin.

With you on your points, trying to be patient, don't expect miracles. But losses like last week's to Florida sets us back and doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Jones to get the job done on Saturdays. Had over 200 recruits in to watch that debacle last week..... not gonna help recruiting in the short and long term if we keep crapping the bed in tailor-made situations like that.

Trust me, it hurts me just as much as anyone. I just feel like before the season began everyone seemed mostly level headed to cautiously optimistic. Now we lose to a team most expected us to by 1 point, and it's all over? I know it was a bad showing but nobody is perfect, it was however the perfect time for a bad day for us. We looked great the week before, now all of these posters are on the ledge. We all knew this season wouldn't be "the one."

We still won't beat florida. I don't care if they hire dooley and we hire parcells. I am done thinking we will beat them again. Ever.

Reactions: 1 person
Last year we are all saying 15' is our year, but we are all in panick mode(myself included) in 14'.....patience....

Call me crazy but I'll stick with the experts and those that get paid to do this stuff./QUOTE]

They get paid to write stories that generate clicks. That doesn't make them experts.

Which is why I didn't limit my post to those who write articles but included analysts as well.

Trust me, it hurts me just as much as anyone. I just feel like before the season began everyone seemed mostly level headed to cautiously optimistic. Now we lose to a team most expected us to by 1 point, and it's all over? I know it was a bad showing but nobody is perfect, it was however the perfect time for a bad day for us. We looked great the week before, now all of these posters are on the ledge. We all knew this season wouldn't be "the one."

Season's definitely not "all over" after 1 loss, but it's magnified because it was Florida. Not being able to beat an incredibly beatable Florida team is almost a metaphor for "same ol' UT" and little to no improvement. We're starved for tangible evidence, beyond "strong recruiting classes" and when the perception is that the coaches blew a golden opportunity, the questions are gonna start flying like they have been since Saturday afternoon.

We did indeed know that this season would not be "the one". But continued missed opportunities like Vandy last yr and Florida last week get fans wondering if "the one" type seasons you're talking about will ever materialize under this coach. So now, rather going ahead and winning a very winnable game like Florida, most look at the rest of the schedule, do the math, and figure he's gonna have to win a much more difficult and much less probable game so that UT can finally get back to a bowl game.

Season's definitely not "all over" after 1 loss, but it's magnified because it was Florida. Not being able to beat an incredibly beatable Florida team is almost a metaphor for "same ol' UT" and little to no improvement. We're starved for tangible evidence, beyond "strong recruiting classes" and when the perception is that the coaches blew a golden opportunity, the questions are gonna start flying like they have been since Saturday afternoon.

We did indeed know that this season would not be "the one". But continued missed opportunities like Vandy last yr and Florida last week get fans wondering if "the one" type seasons you're talking about will ever materialize under this coach. So now, rather going ahead and winning a very winnable game like Florida, most look at the rest of the schedule, do the math, and figure he's gonna have to win a much more difficult and much less probable game so that UT can finally get back to a bowl game.

Very valid points. I still think people on here completely underestimated Florida. They're loaded with defensive talent and it showed. With a good QB starting from the beginning they would have smoked us. The UK game? Well UK just beat USC. The Bama game? Well Bama is Bama. They'll probably fall apart more as the season goes, maybe not, but the reality is they're better than people gave them credit for. I think we'll have a better showing versus Ole Miss.

Actually most of the comments from recruits were positive following the game. We should get a commitment from Abernathy by Friday and made some positive impressions on some good Olinemen as well as some 2016 players. Most of the recruits realize this is a team with several young players starting and succeeding right now.

VN Store

Back