2010 do it again?

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
I hear and read comparisons of our line woes comparing to 2010. For those playing along at home that season and this season are posted below. LSU 2010 and Ole Miss 2014 are likely comparable. We don't have another Memphis this year and 2014 UK>>>>>than 2010 UK. All that said do you think we can repeat or exceed the record of 2010 and are you happy if we do or don't?

09/04/10 vs. Tennessee-Martin TV Knoxville, Tenn. W, 50-0
09/11/10 vs. Oregon TV Knoxville, Tenn. L, 48-13
09/18/10 vs. Florida * TV Knoxville, Tenn. L, 31-17
09/25/10 vs. UAB TV Knoxville, Tenn. W, 32-29 (2OT)
10/02/10 at LSU * TV Baton Rouge, La. L, 16-14:blink:
10/09/10 at Georgia * TV Athens, Ga. L, 41-14
10/23/10 vs. Alabama * TV Knoxville, Tenn. L, 41-10
10/30/10 at South Carolina * TV Columbia, S.C. L, 38-24
11/06/10 at Memphis TV Memphis, Tenn. W, 50-14
11/13/10 vs. Mississippi * TV Knoxville, Tenn. W, 52-14
11/20/10 at Vanderbilt * TV Nashville, Tenn. W, 24-10
11/27/10 vs. Kentucky * TV Knoxville, Tenn. W, 24-14
12/30/10 vs. North Carolina TV Nashville, Tenn. L, 30-27 (2OT)
04/16/11 Dish Network Orange and White Game # TV Knoxville, Tenn. 2:00 p.m. ET

Current Schedule:
/31/14 vs. Utah State TV Knoxville, Tenn. W, 38-7
09/06/14 vs. Arkansas State TV Knoxville, Tenn. W, 34-19
09/13/14 at Oklahoma TV Norman, Okla. L, 34-10
09/27/14 at Georgia * TV Athens, Ga. L, 35-32:clapping:
10/04/14 vs. Florida * TV Knoxville, Tenn. L, 10-9:glare:
10/11/14 vs. Chattanooga TV Knoxville, Tenn. 4:00 p.m. ET
10/18/14 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss. TBA
10/25/14 vs. Alabama * Knoxville, Tenn. TBA
11/01/14 at South Carolina * Columbia, S.C. TBA:popcorn:
11/15/14 vs. Kentucky * Knoxville, Tenn. TBA
11/22/14 vs. Missouri * Knoxville, Tenn. TBA
11/29/14 at Vanderbilt * Nashville, Tenn. TBA

Last edited:
Reactions: Weezer and wolfej
For me UF should have been the Memphis win. Not dwelling on that I believe we have to pickup the USC game to match 2010's record. If progress is happening I believe we should leaving a good Missouri team as the big test to see if we can better the record. On the downside I could absolutely see an over time game with UK. I would give us an edge over UK only because of home field.
UTC - W
Ole Miss - L
Alabama - L
USC - W
UK - OT - W
Missouri - L
Vandy - W

Reactions: Weezer
Get to 6 somehow at this point. I think 7 went out the window Saturday. Getting to 6 is going to be tough.

Reactions: 4 people
If you pump all the sunshine in the universe and buy the idea that we will improve all season I think our realistic ceiling for this season is: 7
UTC - W
Ole Miss - L
Alabama - L
USC - W
UK - OT - W
Missouri - W :cool2:
Vandy - W

You know it's bad when we're reduced to hoping for 6 wins and scrap in the wherever in Louisana or Alabama bowl we'll play in, but i'd take it at this point. It's hard to believe it's been reduced to this. Nice job UT administration.. I bet they wake up every morning thanking the lord UT fans have such short memories and are sometimes blind optimists...They're loyal to a fault and the powers that be are damn lucky they are..

Reactions: 2 people
I don't see us beating Mizzou(who I'm really starting to dislke). Kentucky worries me quite a bit at this point as well. UTC and Candy are the only 2 give me wins at this point.

I think we can beat USC again. It'll be a tough game though. I say 6-6.

Reactions: 1 person
We'll have to block someone, call good plays and Worley act like the Senior he is. It comes down to that or we'll miss a bowl game again and have a losing record again..

Reactions: 3 people
I don't see us beating Mizzou(who I'm really starting to dislke). Kentucky worries me quite a bit at this point as well. UTC and Candy are the only 2 give me wins at this point.

I think we can beat USC again. It'll be a tough game though. I say 6-6.

We are on the same page. I am not being doom or gloom but we could easily end up with just 2 more wins if we play flat the rest of this season.

On the bright side we did play OK(vs OR), UGA, and even UF tougher than we did in 2010. Losses are still losses but if you are looking for orange linings i believe that's what you focus on. The big question is will UF be an anomoly and how long will Hurd/Lane be out if at all?

It's 5 or 6 at this point imo. Missouri looks like a better team right now. We're even i'd say with USCe. Kentucky is certainly playing better than we are but there is a lot of football left to be played. I'd say that one is toss up. Vandy is the only one i fell our chances are better than 50%. This year is going to be a uphill fight.. Seems we keep having to say that. Deja vu..

6 wins and a bowl in 2010? but, but, but, there were 3 Fr on the OL and Dooley was the HC!

another losing season is simply unacceptable. need to have competitive losses against Ole Piss and Bama, win 3 of the 4 Mizzou, Vandy, KY, SCAR.

Reactions: 2 people
We are on the same page. I am not being doom or gloom but we could easily end up with just 2 more wins if we play flat the rest of this season.

We're just not a very good team right now outside of our defense, which is playing good and exceeding all expectations. Reality is that 2 of our 3 phases, offense and special teams, are below average units. Given that we couldn't beat a bad Fla team at home with everything in our favor, I just can't see more than 3 more wins tops no matter how you slice it. UTC, Vandy and hopefully a much improved, perhaps better than UT Kentucky team. Ole Miss, Bama, SCar and Missouri are all 4 pretty much certain losses. Just write off this year as another developmental season I guess..... and our 5th consecutive losing season....unbelievable we've actually sunk this low.

6 wins and a bowl in 2010? but, but, but, there were 3 Fr on the OL and Dooley was the HC!

another losing season is simply unacceptable. need to have competitive losses against Ole Piss and Bama, win 3 of the 4 Mizzou, Vandy, KY, SCAR.
Dooley did beat Butch didn't he, lol.. Yeah. They need a bowl game this year somehow. The coach at Kentucky is going to add extra pressure if he somehow makes a bowl game and that looks likely right now. If he comes in here and beats Butch that would be even worse. It would turn next year into a prove it year pretty fast. Magnifying glasses would be out on this staff at that point..

Dooley did beat Butch didn't he, lol.. Yeah. They need a bowl game this year somehow. The coach at Kentucky is going to add extra pressure if he somehow makes a bowl game and that looks likely right now. If he comes in here and beats Butch that would be even worse. It would turn next year into a prove it year pretty fast. Magnifying glasses would be out on this staff at that point..

If that happens next yr hopefully is hart n cheeks last yr at tn. Of course butch would have to win 9 games to keep him. No way he wins 7 n stays

If that happens next yr hopefully is hart n cheeks last yr at tn. Of course butch would have to win 9 games to keep him. No way he wins 7 n stays

I dunno, hope I am wrong, but ...... the vibe that I get from everything that has gone down over the last few years is that CBJ has been pretty much guaranteed 4 years, and once he gets to a bowl the UT admin will consider him a keeper long term.

An awful lot of fans, maybe the majority, would be perfectly happy with CBJ simply being "better than Dooley" and that ain't much.

Reactions: 1 person
Need to get to 6 wins and a bowl...
sad our Team is relegated to this but it is what it is...
should've won Saturday and I know cbj says don't dwell on past...well should've won... gave it away.

imo anything less than 6 is unacceptable and I don't care about youth.

If you follow DAJ's posts/talent theory then we've essentially lost 0 we should have won based on talent. Further if you follow that logic it means we should go undefeated in November..... we shall see.

If you follow DAJ's posts/talent theory then we've essentially lost 0 we should have won based on talent. Further if you follow that logic it means we should go undefeated in November..... we shall see.

It's 70% accurate, which is probably much more accurate that the emotionally-driven predictions of VN.

If we don't get to 6 wins I will not in any way be ready for Jones to be on the hot seat, BUT I will have serious concerns about this staffs ability to return us to winning. Also the affect to recruiting could prove detrimental. This season is critical: get to a damn bowl. No excuses, just have to scratch and claw our way in.

VN Store

Back