Seniors in the two-deep

I decided to take a look at how many seniors are listed on the Vols' two-deep roster and how much experience those guys truly have. The answer is six: only one of which was afforded a redshirt, and not all of them are "experienced".

Take a look: Vols have only six seniors in the current two-deep

Not too difficult to see why this team has its ups and downs. Good info

Reactions: 3 people
I decided to take a look at how many seniors are listed on the Vols' two-deep roster and how much experience those guys truly have. The answer is six: only one of which was afforded a redshirt, and not all of them are "experienced".

But.....but.......We should be winning with the Freshmen and Sophmores we have! :thud:

Reactions: 1 person
but our OC should have enough experience to share it with all the players so we have lots of experiences...

Reactions: 4 people
It's also interesting to note that Worley's completion percentage, efficiency rating, passing yards, touchdowns and TD/INT ratio are all up this year, despite the extreme pressure he's faced.

Reactions: 12 people
It's also interesting to note that Worley's completion percentage, efficiency rating, passing yards, touchdowns and TD/INT ratio are all up this year, despite the extreme pressure he's faced.

It would have been interesting to have seen what Worley could have done with Bray's OL...

Reactions: 2 people

Hopefully this will bring some people off of the ledge. I don't really understand why this isn't comprehendible. It's not to blame for ALL of our shortcomings, but 99%?...yes.

Reactions: 2 people
The comment that Butch made about being 2 recruiting cycles behind, in regards to the O-line, cannot be overstated. When we start getting some talented experienced linemen, the offense will be leaps and bounds better

Reactions: 6 people
Amazing when you think about it really, we will hurt next year w/o AJ and Worley. I think JRM will step up as the leader of the defense next year along with Cam.

It all starts up front in the SEC. Doesn't matter how good your skill positions are if you can't win in the trenches.

Reactions: 7 people

I was trying to say the same thing on another post. most of the players (that are playing) that are jrs or srs except for a few are sharing time with true freshmen or jucos. and, a lot of the of jrs or srs that are playing are close to losing their starting roles to first year players,(except for a few).

Great post.

I thought it would be interesting to compare ours with Ole Miss and Auburn as it seems Jones and Co. are getting compared to Freeze and Malzahn in some threads.

I haven't analyzed it much yet, but one thing both have in common is no freshmen starting on the OL, and very few TRUE freshmen in the 2 deep at all.

Ole Miss depth chart...

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2014-15/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

Auburn depth chart...

AuburnTigers.com - Official Athletics Site of the Auburn Tigers - Football

Pretty much the same story with UK as well...

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2014-15/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

Last edited:
If u look up the phrase "dumpster fire" in Urban Dictionary, I'm surprised it doesn't say "Tennessee Football 2013"

Arkansas is also loaded with jr and sr OL.

Jacob Carter wouldn't be in the 2-deep if not for Von and Josh Smith's injury.

I know you meant only O and D, but Special Teams is very much a crucial part of our team as well. Watch our depth chart next year when Matt Darr and Derrick Broadus graduates.

I thought it would be interesting to compare ours with Ole Miss and Auburn as it seems Jones and Co. are getting compared to Freeze and Malzahn in some threads.

I haven't analyzed it much yet, but one thing both have in common is no freshmen starting on the OL, and very few TRUE freshmen in the 2 deep at all.

Ole Miss depth chart...

Auburn depth chart...

AuburnTigers.com - Official Athletics Site of the Auburn Tigers - Football

Freeze and Stoops are the comparisons I've seen. No knock on Butch, but I think Malzahn is an absolutely fantastic elite-level coach who has proven much more than Jones at this point in their careers. That said, Auburn has a much more talented roster (in my opinion), many of whom Malzahn helped recruit while he was there.

Freeze and Stoops are the comparisons I've seen. No knock on Butch, but I think Malzahn is an absolutely fantastic elite-level coach who has proven much more than Jones at this point in their careers. That said, Auburn has a much more talented roster (in my opinion), many of whom Malzahn helped recruit while he was there.

I agree on Malzahn, I really wasn't comparing them as coaches just the rosters and the fact that Malzahn recruited the kids is a huge bonus, I agree. I'm a big fan of some of the things he does offensively.

I added UK's depth chart to the previous post.

I agree on Malzahn, I really wasn't comparing them as coaches just the rosters and the fact that Malzahn recruited the kids is a huge bonus, I agree. I'm a big fan of some of the things he does offensively.

Me too. I find his offense fascinating.

Malzahn is proving more than most every coach in college football. And don't look now, he's proving more than Saban since he took over as HC @ Auburn.

Makzhan is a great coach and a innovator. The only problem with that is that copy cats come along and great defensive minds get more chances to figure out how to slow it down. Being strong in the trenches never goes out of style.

Amazing when you think about it really, we will hurt next year w/o AJ and Worley. I think JRM will step up as the leader of the defense next year along with Cam.

Tennessee use to be known as a linebacker school and all around strong defense. I think we'll be fine on the D side of the ball.

Context and facts: the enemy of the "win now, no excuses" crowd.

I'm in the "I know we're rebuilding with young talent and inexperience and I only expect 5-6 wins but please beat a very bad Florida team that's an absolute grease fire with a bad head coach" crowd.

I'm in the "I know we're rebuilding with young talent and inexperience and I only expect 5-6 wins but please beat a very bad Florida team that's an absolute grease fire with a bad head coach" crowd.

Me too. We definitely should have won that game. Offensive execution and play calling was terrible, but it was one game and some people are throwing in the towel on the whole staff. I just want to see some pretty significant improvement and correcting of mistakes in the next 2 games. It will be hard to gauge against UTC, but the Ole Miss game will be a reflection of the ability of this staff to adjust, scheme, and effectively game plan. Not sure we will win, but you can see the things I'm looking for even in a loss to a much better team. Next year, we will have to start winning these games or I will be questioning Butch's ability to get it done long term.

VN Store

Back