A reminder of few things PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Seriously guys, I know everyone is pissed. We all are. But let's keep a few things in mind to make all of our lives a bit less miserable.

-Please look for an existing thread before starting a new one. I'm not discounting anyone's opinion but we are having a ton of new threads basically stating the same things over and over.

-Don't suggest firing of coaches. It's idiotic. It's October. Critique all you want, however.

-Stop with the name calling and personal attacks. People have differing opinions and, as far as I know, we're talking about subjective material here. Lately, everyone thinks others who don't share their every opinion are all idiots. In fact, some of you guys are making drive-by posts just to call others names. It's pointless, contributes nothing to the conversation, and there's no reason for it to continue. If you're capable of making a point and having a discussion, please do so.

-If you see a thread that you think is dumb, the best thing you can do is ignore it and let it vanish down the page. By constantly replying, you're just giving said thread more exposure.

-If you have a thread unfairly merged or moved, don't take it personally. The mods volunteer their time to help out and we don't always get it right (maybe not even most of the time). Sometimes we get in a hurry and click on the wrong thread or misinterpret the intent of some threads. We had about 15,000 posts within the day after the game. You guys have seen the kind of things that get posted sometimes around here. Have a little mercy. If you want to complain about something my inbox is always open: vol_freak@yahoo.com. And if you're interested in making the ultimate sacrifice and helping out, shoot me an email. We add new mods from time to time and I always like to have a list of a few interested folks when that time comes.

-We're all here because we love Tennessee, well except for those pesky Gator trolls who won't leave, and we are on the same team. Let's be civil with one another when discussing the program we all love.

With all that said, you guys are awesome. Thank you for your passion and thank you for all you contribute here. Things are going to get better; they have to. And I'm looking forward to riding the train back to the top with all of you.

That's it. In before tl;dr.

Go Vols!

Freak :hi:

Reactions: 159 people
Sometimes it's just really hard to resist calling someone a dullard..... I really struggle with it

Obama should have hired you instead of Josh Earnest...

I'm kidding, by the way. I still have a faint bootprint on my ass from a couple of years ago...

Go Vols.

I think the key thing to take from this is that we're all Vols. It's ridiculous the amount of negativity against each other within our own fan base...

Reactions: 3 people
The morale will be much improved by Saturday evening once UT demolishes Chattanooga....that is if the offense makes an appearance.

However, reality will set in around 1030 p.m. on October 18th and you'll need to start another thread like this.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the RATIONAL post. Love this sight and love the Vols, passion is hard sometimes to subdue.

Obama should have hired you instead of Josh Earnest...

I'm kidding, by the way. I still have a faint bootprint on my ass from a couple of years ago...

Go Vols.

I don't know what that's in reference to, but if it's something I did, please accept my apology. I'm married, so I'm using that as an excuse for any rampant mood swings I may exhibit. :)

Reactions: 7 people
I think I will post this in every thread till people start to get it!

1. Butch and staff have only been here 1.5 years.

2. Kiffins one class is generally reguarded as one of worst ever, did other new coaches have that matress fire to deal with??

3. And that was sandwiched in between Fulmers average class and DD's very average to below average classes! Not to mention that DD apparently alienated everyone he had contact with!

4. And Oh Yeah, Butch was the 4th coach and staff in five years?

NO other new coach has had this "perfect storm" to deal with, and a year and half is no where near fast enough?? :banghead2:

Last edited:
Reactions: 33 people
I don't know what that's in reference to, but if it's something I did, please accept my apology. I'm married, so I'm using that as an excuse for any rampant mood swings I may exhibit. :)
lol guess we know who's the boss at freaks house lol.... Sorry guys got to go wife is calling

Reactions: 1 person
I too click on the negative threads just to find that insane post that I can reply to...

Its pretty said when the head man of a sports site has to post something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back