The SEC East is not very good and that's good for the Vols

1974Vol

4 * 2011 QB
From my observation of the first 5-6 weeks of this season there's not a touchdown's difference between every team in the SEC East with the exception of Vandy. Just look at the head to head match ups to see what I'm talking about. This can bode well for the Vols because USCe, Missouri, Kentucky, and Vandy all look imminently beatable. Butch's biggest problem is keeping their heads up after the beat downs they are about to take from Ole Miss and Bama, and of course staying healthy. If they can come out of those two games without losing anymore key players and keep their will to win that November run might be the sweetest thing us Vols fans have seen in a long while. :hi:

Reactions: 2 people
Not sure what that says about us considering we are 0 and 2 against those not very good East teams.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I get that but we are also 2 turnovers from being 2-0 and leading the East. Just sayin..

I get that. I really do. But at some point, you stop being inexperienced, you stop being young, you stop snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I mean, we aren't that inexperienced now. We are halfway through the season.

This team regressed Saturday. Specifically the Offense. We looked the worst we've looked all year. Is Florida's defense better than OU? I don't think so. And once again we let a backup QB beat us.

At some point we have to win winnable games. We won't get this opportunity against Ole Miss or Bama. I just wonder what kind of mindset this team be in by then? That is where we will find out what this coaching staff is made out of.

Tired of all the "it takes time" preachers. We ALL know that. We have been fans for all these sucky years. We will be lucky to have a 5-7 season. I prepared myself for a 4-8 season this year and it is looking more and more realistic. Still doens't make it pleasant. I just want to enjoy Tennessee football again.

I get that. I really do. But at some point, you stop being inexperienced, you stop being young, you stop snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I mean, we aren't that inexperienced now. We are halfway through the season.

This team regressed Saturday. Specifically the Offense. We looked the worst we've looked all year. Is Florida's defense better than OU? I don't think so. And once again we let a backup QB beat us.

At some point we have to win winnable games. We won't get this opportunity against Ole Miss or Bama. I just wonder what kind of mindset this team be in by then? That is where we will find out what this coaching staff is made out of.[/QUOTE

Florida played press coverage all day and bet that they could get to Worley before our WR's could get separation or make a double move. On the Worley sack and fumble that turned the game he was looking long to someone on a double move and that was open he just didn't get a chance to release the ball. It worked..for Florida and will most likely work for Alabama and Mississippi. I don't think we'll have the OL/DL mismatches we've had against OU and Florida when we play the remaining East schedule.

At some point we have to win winnable games. We won't get this opportunity against Ole Miss or Bama. I just wonder what kind of mindset this team be in by then? That is where we will find out what this coaching staff is made out of.[/QUOTE

Florida played press coverage all day and bet that they could get to Worley before our WR's could get separation or make a double move. On the Worley sack and fumble that turned the game he was looking long to someone on a double move and that was open he just didn't get a chance to release the ball. It worked..for Florida and will most likely work for Alabama and Mississippi. I don't think we'll have the OL/DL mismatches we've had against OU and Florida when we play the remaining East schedule.

I hope you are right. I really, really want you to be right. I just have to see it happen before I'll believe it.

At some point we have to win winnable games. We won't get this opportunity against Ole Miss or Bama. I just wonder what kind of mindset this team be in by then? That is where we will find out what this coaching staff is made out of.

1st bold makes no sense. 2nd one says it all! 3rd one is irrelevant because given the situation, the starter would have beat us as well.

1st bold makes no sense. 2nd one says it all! 3rd one is irrelevant because given the situation, the starter would have beat us as well.

We were up 9-0 in the 4th, so IMO the first one is applicable. As far as the 3rd, no Driskel would not have lead Fu to victory. There again, maybe he would have. It is Florida /Tennessee so I'm sure we would have found a way to lose with him in there too.

Yeah I get that but we are also 2 turnovers from being 2-0 and leading the East. Just sayin..

Doesn't matter. We're 0-2 with several more losses coming. Knowing that the east is bad and we're still gonna end up towards the bottom kinda makes it worse.

We were up 9-0 in the 4th, so IMO the first one is applicable. As far as the 3rd, no Driskel would not have lead Fu to victory. There again, maybe he would have. It is Florida /Tennessee so I'm sure we would have found a way to lose with him in there too.

He definitely would've led UF to victory. Like you said, it is Florida-Tennessee.

From my observation of the first 5-6 weeks of this season there's not a touchdown's difference between every team in the SEC East with the exception of Vandy. Just look at the head to head match ups to see what I'm talking about. This can bode well for the Vols because USCe, Missouri, Kentucky, and Vandy all look imminently beatable. Butch's biggest problem is keeping their heads up after the beat downs they are about to take from Ole Miss and Bama, and of course staying healthy. If they can come out of those two games without losing anymore key players and keep their will to win that November run might be the sweetest thing us Vols fans have seen in a long while. :hi:

Didn't UGA & Florida look beatable also??????????

While I'm not saying Jones hasn't improved the team, this is about the 3rd or 4th year in a row we're at this point and this place starts talking about all these teams being "beatable". Which in most posts actually means people think we win those. And every time we lost said games except SC, which bowl wise was cancelled out by the Vandy loss.

So forgive me if I take a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. Plus keep in mind, to those other teams, we are also extremely beatable.

Seems like a total role rdversal from the 90's when whoever won the SEC East was almost sure to beat the SEC West and go to the NC.

VN Store

Back