Something afoul with this program.

Face

VolNation Con Man
I don't understand guys. Yesterday was filled with underdogs that, despite being outmanned, won.

We can all count the plays against OU, UGA, and UF that, if reversed, we win. I know there are a million variables and what ifs, but if we routinely execute that set of crucial plays in those games, we're 5-0. FIVE AND ZERO.

We'd be a top 15, if not top 10 team.

I'm not saying "woo moral victory" but quite the opposite.

They plays mentioned above work if we catch, don't fumble without being touched, throw the ball on time instead of hesitate and throw a pick 6. They were all a failed execution of the correct action taken to win a football game.

I don't understand how in the clutch, we fall instead of prevail. It's been that way from Fulmers late years, through Kiffin, dooley, and now we've seen it with Butch. 4 coaching administrations, 2 ADs.

We have our weak spots, but less than 10 plays have us at 2-3 instead of 5-0. What causes that? It seems to go against statistics and reason.

It sucks being on this end of it, and I don't know how to explain it. It's perplexing, it's bizarre.

The 11 straight lost coin tosses weird me out too.

Reactions: 13 people
We are cursed.

It's "Uncle Arthur's" fault...

paul-lynde-as-uncle-arthur-on-bewitched.jpg

I don't understand guys. Yesterday was filled with underdogs that, despite being outmanned, won.

We can all count the plays against OU, UGA, and UF that, if reversed, we win. I know there are a million variables and what ifs, but if we routinely execute that set of crucial plays in those games, we're 5-0. FIVE AND ZERO.

We'd be a top 15, if not top 10 team.

I'm not saying "woo moral victory" but quite the opposite.

They plays mentioned above work if we catch, don't fumble without being touched, throw the ball on time instead of hesitate and throw a pick 6. They were all a failed execution of the correct action taken to win a football game.

I don't understand how in the clutch, we fall instead of prevail. It's been that way from Fulmers late years, through Kiffin, dooley, and now we've seen it with Butch. 4 coaching administrations, 2 ADs.

We have our weak spots, but less than 10 plays have us at 2-3 instead of 5-0. What causes that? It seems to go against statistics and reason.

It sucks being on this end of it, and I don't know how to explain it. It's perplexing, it's bizarre.

The 11 straight lost coin tosses weird me out too.

one word......WORLEY

that's who most wanted after the fergy thing failed so this is what we get...period

we clearly saw a star-in-the-making during spring, but nobody wanted him to be the guy but a few of us. now both that have played look as if they always had and just read.

they have better O Lines though and thats what matters. Thats all that this comes down to. We have about 6 plays in the playbook. We have 10 awesome WRs but cannot throw the ball down the field bc the OL cant block at all. They couldnt block a chair if you placed it in front of them.

Looking at the win loss record alone, I'd almost agree. But, seeing the way we've lost games over the years, I honestly don't know what to identify as the common denominator

In the end, the amount of players you graduate, the overall GPA, the lack of arrests, etc, doesn't matter

Only thing that matters is

W's

Reactions: 1 person
So that includes Nick Stephens, Jonathan Crompton, Matt Sims, Tyler Bray too. Considering we've sucked since all of them have started.

those guys were under bad coaching. worley is different. he holds the ball too long, stares down wr's, and won't run or scramble, and he absolutely cannot read a defense.

Reactions: 2 people
In the end, the amount of players you graduate, the overall GPA, the lack of arrests, etc, doesn't matter

W's

Those things all matter, as does improving the APR as Butch miraculously did, but in the end those things have to be accompanied by winning.

Worley's the best we got. End of discussion. Dobbs regressed after the Spring game so much that Peterman overtook him. Peterman is not a gamer. The O line is causing the issues for our offense, not the QB. Worley has his issues and threw terrible picks yesterday, but he is our QB for the remainder of the year. Also, we would not have beat Oklahoma. Would have been closer if a few plays go our way, be we still would have lost. Just be patient, we lost the most experienced line in the country last year, now we have first time starters and true freshmen. Be patient until some talented OLs come in here to back up a more experienced line next year. We will likely end with a 5-7 record if not 6-6 with an upset along the way.

W's

Along time ago, I would've blasted this post. But I'm a lot older and realize you're spot on!

those guys were under bad coaching. worley is different. he holds the ball too long, stares down wr's, and won't run or scramble, and he absolutely cannot read a defense.

Worley is much better than Fergy. There's a reason one is starting for UT and one is riding the pine at FAMU. Let it go

Worley's the best we got.

I agree, and I think that's a huge chunk of the problem. You can't win in the SEC without a QB that has elite games. Don't have to have it every Saturday, but to pull them out in the clutch, gotta have the physical and mental make up to go out and steal games.

Worley is playing his heart out and is the best on the roster. But if we have a Connor Shaw, Aaron Murray, or even an AJ McCarron type QB, we're 5-0 or 4-1. If we have an NFL QB, like a Manziel or Winston, we're 5-0.

Maybe mediocre QB play is the common denominator. Because it's not coaching or ADs. QD and JJ have the potential to be heroes over the next few years if they turn this around.

I agree, and I think that's a huge chunk of the problem. You can't win in the SEC without a QB that has elite games. Don't have to have it every Saturday, but to pull them out in the clutch, gotta have the physical and mental make up to go out and steal games.

Worley is playing his heart out and is the best on the roster. But if we have a Connor Shaw, Aaron Murray, or even an AJ McCarron type QB, we're 5-0 or 4-1. If we have an NFL QB, like a Manziel or Winston, we're 5-0.

Maybe mediocre QB play is the common denominator. Because it's not coaching or ADs. QD and JJ have the potential to be heroes over the next few years if they turn this around.
There's no way this team is 5-0 with this line if Peyton suited up.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back