Update on Hurd

Vol74

Spoke with the family, and while no one will know anything for sure until tomorrow, it appears that it's an AC Joint injury. It happened early in the game, and afterwards, he was still in quite a bit of pain (even with the dose of meds).

Makes sense as he didn't appear like himself throughout the game. Seemed timid at times and lacked the intensity that he normally plays with.

I know that it is "not" the shoulder that he had surgery on prior. Will know for sure his prognosis tomorrow.

This sucks. If he is out we are in a heap of trouble our offense is stagnant already and losing Hurd would make it that much worse.

Reactions: 7 people
Is this the same type of shoulder injury such as the one in high school?

His injury last year was a torn labrum, which is usually season ending. Not sure about the AC joint

Two years in a row with shoulder injuries. SMH. Reminds me of Brian Bosworth....his career was cut short because they said he had shoulders like a 60 year old at age 20. That's a big problem if this kid's shoulders can't hold up.

Bad enough to lose to Florida, but to have Hurd hurt too, is just too much. Hopefully, the injury is not too bad, but he needs to sit until he's 100%. His health is top priority, and he is way too important to our future to bring him back too early.

Reactions: 4 people
Two years in a row with shoulder injuries. SMH. Reminds me of Brian Bosworth....his career was cut short because they said he had shoulders like a 60 year old at age 20. That's a big problem if this kid's shoulders can't hold up.

Before you go and jump off the ledge here, AC joint injuries are one of the most common football injuries. They can range from a mild strain (which are healed in a couple of weeks) to much more severe cases. There are 6 different grades or classifications of AC joint injuries.

Reactions: 4 people
Hurd had surgery on his shoulders twice before ever stepping foot on campus. I hope it's not serious, shoulders are a fickle thing once you start getting them messed up

Lane is banged up too and was on crutches this week at practice. We could be looking at 4-8 if both of these guys are not healthy

Reactions: 3 people
Before you go and jump off the ledge here, AC joint injuries are one of the most common football injuries. They can range from a mild strain (which are healed in a couple of weeks) to much more severe cases. There are 6 different grades or classifications of AC joint injuries.

Hope it's not 4-6.

I believe I saw the play where it happened. He was hit hard going out of bounds on his right shoulder. It looked like he was favoring it as he got up and back to the huddle. Hope he gets better quickly, we need this young man to be healthy.

Reactions: 3 people
Those sorry running plays that amount to zero yards. Sorry zone reads or look like zone reads that the QB never keeps to keep them honest. A freshman RB expected to perform like a senior. And we wonder why he's injured. These plays don't work. Good coaching plays to strengths. Good coaching spreads the ball around to different players. Notice I said spread. Are we even running that?

Reactions: 15 people

VN Store

Back