our D was fantastic today...

aaronvol

I will hang my hat on that for a while. If the "O" can get better (it has to), we can get to a bowl. But our coaches have our defense playing lights out.

Reactions: 5 people
Yes they were. And, some of our guys on O really made some great plays. But, it takes a team to win, and we don't have a whole team yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes they do.
Offense is shamefully bad.
Coaching matters. Defense has some vocal leadership. Offense has none. Wuss fest. Can't figure out how the offense looked so promising in Spring game and scrimmages.

Let's be honest. That performance was about 50% our defense and 50% the high school offense we were facing.

Reactions: 2 people
It was until we faced a QB who is not dreadful. Then a true frosh came in and moved the chains big time.

Our defense is playing very well. Only 24 points allowed in the second half against OU, UGA and FU. That's a very impressive stat.

Reminds me of 2012. Except opposite. Offense was explosive but defense was miserable. I would give my left nut to have 2012 offense and this current defense to put on the field.

Next year this defense will be very very good. 2016? Fuhgetaboutit.

2010- just wait until next year

2011- just wait until next year

2012- just wait until next year

2013- just wait until next year

2014- just wait until next year

See the pattern?

I will hang my hat on that for a while. If the "O" can get better (it has to), we can get to a bowl. But our coaches have our defense playing lights out.

Yessir! Defense played lights out today! I was very impressed!

We have half a team. We could win with the defense. Wonder if they could just play offense too? Couldn't be much worse than what we saw from the offense today..

2010- just wait until next year

2011- just wait until next year

2012- just wait until next year

2013- just wait until next year

2014- just wait until next year

See the pattern?

Dooley (with Kiffins depleted class), Dooley, Dooley, Jones (with Dooley recruits), Jones with 22 Freshmen! That's the reality!

To get those 3 turnovers and not take advantage is crushing. This was a real opportunity to keep the recruits & fans positive about the direction with some still tough games to go. Instead we lost it in such a painfully methodical way, all that good will gained with "quality loses" is squandered. Team needs to find a way to regroup & play beyond their limitations, because frankly other teams are figuring out ways to do it. We've experienced a good Vandy squad the last two years & now a decent looking KY team. So you can't convince me we can't figure out how to maximize our positives & minimize our deficiencies.

Our defense was great in 2005 and 2008 too. What did that do for us?

Of all fanbases, we should know that you can't just defend your way to victory.

VN Store

Back