Pearson looking better at practice yesterday

BruiserVol

Saw this and wanted to share. Atleast it looks like he's almost ready!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: 26 people
101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM.gif

Reactions: 29 people
Maybe it's a total non contact day but he doesn't have a non contact jersey on. Even in shorts if the have helmets and shoulder pads they're usually going "thud". So that would seem to be a good sign.

Maybe it's a total non contact day but he doesn't have a non contact jersey on. Even in shorts if the have helmets and shoulder pads they're usually going "thud". So that would seem to be a good sign.

With it being an injury pertaining to his leg/ankle I'm just glad to see him running around.

I think Von Pearson plays Saturday and has a big impact. I think they have been keeping his status as questionable so the Gators wont prepare for him as much. JMO.

I think Von Pearson plays Saturday and has a big impact. I think they have been keeping his status as questionable so the Gators wont prepare for him as much. JMO.

Maybe but coming back from ankle injuries for a skilled player is all about being able to cut off the injured foot. That's just a day to day thing. Last thing we need is Von hurting it worse by coming back too soon.

Reactions: 5 people
Maybe but coming back from ankle injuries for a skilled player is all about being able to cut off the injured foot. That's just a day to day thing. Last thing we need is Von hurting it worse by coming back too soon.

if he wasnt feeling better he wouldnt be out there making cuts in practice.

Reactions: 1 person
Von is a difference maker and a home run hitter .. him being back is huge .. glad to have this future NFL wide reciever back and playing boom go vols

@JimmyHyams: UT receivers coach Zach Azzanni not optimistic Von Pearson (high ankle sprain) will play v Florida. WR Josh Smith (high ankle sprain) is out

I just saw it with a headline saying he returned to practice and looked to be doing a lot better. He probably still isn't ready, but it's a good start. Just figured I would share it because I haven't seen it posted anywhere.

Reactions: 1 person
Would love to have him but if he's not 85% or better, I'd rather let him take the next two weeks and heal up for bama and the second half of the season.

Reactions: 4 people
@JimmyHyams: UT receivers coach Zach Azzanni not optimistic Von Pearson (high ankle sprain) will play v Florida. WR Josh Smith (high ankle sprain) is out

Saw that. Not sure what to think at this point.

Those still photos of him with no pads makes me think he can go full speed tomorrow!

That sucks, but then again it's not uncommon to say a player "probably won't be ready" and then suit them up on game day.

You think he won't play or that he won't have an impact?

I don't think he plays til Ole Miss. Same for Smith. A WR needs to plant and cut at 100% strength to be effective, the very thing a high ankle sprain will not allow you to do. Our offense outscored UGA's with neither Smith or Pearson, so I bet the coaches feel good enough with the guys we have to not risk it for Von or Smith.

I don't think he plays til Ole Miss. Same for Smith. A WR needs to plant and cut at 100% strength to be effective, the very thing a high ankle sprain will not allow you to do. Our offense outscored UGA's with neither Smith or Pearson, so I bet the coaches feel good enough with the guys we have to not risk it for Von or Smith.

Not disagreeing but why have him even try practicing and aggravating the injury this week if they don't think he can play until Ole Miss?

He will be on the field I'll bet, but only as a distraction. I would use every one and everything I had at my disposal tomorrow. They probably won't actually toss him the ball if he can't run and get hit.

VN Store

Back